Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    giriel
    Clan
    -TB#
    This K/D is just a showcase of what is possible with the new tracker.
    Therefor such actions will not be taken, you can always check the session yourself and see if he really did a good job (by comparing his stats to others).

The new rating formula will have the same flags as the old one so that shouldn't be a problem normally
    But no system is perfect against abuse .

Replies
    Country
    Denmark
    Xfire
    patriotqube
    Steam
    Patriotqube
    Clan
    Wolf-ET4ALL Community
    and a rating system is good because offfffff???????

who cares who shots the best, its the fun on TS while playing that counts imo

anyway it nice to see that ppl still put some effort and work into my fav game thx

Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Xfire
    pannett
    Clan
    .ToX!c&
    To bad you cant track who did the most of the objectives

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    giriel
    Clan
    -TB#
    Well we are a rating site after all
    And indeed it's too bad we can't see stuff like that.
    Learning which team has won the map would be nice as well.

But that won't be possible.

Replies
    Country
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Quote Originally Posted by testforecho View Post
    sure, actually anything could be whoring, you could even play in a server with friends and kill them to get xp for frags, no system is 'whoring-proof'
    I'm not sure about what you think is the best way then, we say frags and you say it is bad, we say xp and you say whoring... I'm a bit confused...

About rambos, what do you find on average non-etpro servers?
    - raters
    - players who play for fun/to kill some time
    - players who play for other things than objectives (testing mouse setup, playing for acc/training/damage/whatever, trying to find and kill that player who just insulted them, you name it )
    - players who think they play for obj, but they are actually not helping their teams because they don't know how to play for obj.
    - players who play for obj and they know how to do it, but wait, obj without stopwatch makes no sense so...

According to you nobody would care anymore about revives, etc. because of Trackbase. Is it realistic? I will keep reviving as usual, and as usual I won't give ammo or packs to people if they can selfkill or if they are going to die in 1 sec anyway.

but, enough blabbering , do /weaponstats and see the kind of stats you can read from the game, then (taken into account that damage in jaymod is bugged and cannot be used) please suggest a way to calculate a score.
    you're saying you don't find this on etpro-servers? you simply mentioned nearly every motivation to play that game, except wars/scrims/competition

vsp knows which team won..

Replies
    Country
    Denmark
    Xfire
    patriotqube
    Steam
    Patriotqube
    Clan
    Wolf-ET4ALL Community
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet Pannett View Post
    To bad you cant track who did the most of the objectives
    Working on implementing somthing like this for our servers --> http://et.qubenet.net/etstats/index.php?do=awards

so when you have serverlogs its possible

Spamming the boards! testforecho's Avatar
    Replies
    Quote Originally Posted by gullygaza View Post
    you're saying you don't find this on etpro-servers? you simply mentioned nearly every motivation to play that game, except wars/scrims/competition

vsp knows which team won..
    Nice, you've read the whole thread, since that post is quite old... that post was about 'it's not true that with the new rating system nobody will revive anymore, etc.' I just pointed out that not everyone plays for rate.
    Why I said 'average non-etpro servers' then? Just because we were talking about rating, and on etpro servers nobody rates as far as I know. Not for other reasons. (And maybe since I used to play much (actually only) etpro in the past (but not officials) I am still biased )

If you give a higher score to players in the winning team, then everyone will try to join the stronger team and leave the noobs, in general nobody wants to lose score because of someone else, unless they are their 'real' teammates (meaning not just public randoms). This happens with fragging too, I know, but if rating is individual then you have to rate individual skill.

and objectives give xp, so they are counted as well.

Replies
    When it will be enabled? or is it already enabled ? haha

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    trackbase
    Steam
    trackbase
    Clan
    tb.
    Quote Originally Posted by enable View Post
    When it will be enabled? or is it already enabled ? haha
    It's partly enabled, but there are still some tiny problems that need to be fixed before it can be introduced on many more servers.

Spamming the boards! testforecho's Avatar
    Replies
    Quote Originally Posted by giriel View Post
    If you guys think it could be perfected then I am open to suggestions
    But please use this topic for such discussions : http://forum.trackbase.net/threads/7...-rating-method
    so, first of all sorry for spamming the other thread,

the only 2 things I could suggest, given that I think the current formula is more or less valid, and it could be kept as it is, would be:

1. fix the headshot factor in such a way that it reflects more closely the real difference in damage between bodyshots and hs, which is not 1/2
    (make it hits +headshots*something, let's say 1.2 to 1.5)

2. tweak the score from battle sense down a bit. If you are awarding people for killing, and giving damage (hits+heads), no need to award them twice for surviving and making killing sprees, because as I see it now, some raters just do this:
    - r*pe some nub
    - hide/camp and wait for battle sense
    - repeat and profit
    (no offense meant)

Imho if you reduced battle sense by some factor, let's say 50%, you would reward more those players who have the guts to actually go ahead and fight, instead of camping in the same place to wait for battle sense.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast