Xfire
    trackbase
    Steam
    trackbase
    Clan
    tb.

[OFFICIAL W:ET] Discussion new rating method

Hello raters, players and all other people which I forget,

After all the problems that have been coming up we decided to retry to make it possible to do better tracking.
    Weeks have gone over with developing a new tracker which can connect to a server and fetch additional playerstats.
    We are currently still testing this new system, but it is almost ready for a full-scale test. With this new system we're able to read out the following (extra) data:
    Weapon (total) stats => HITS, SHOTS, KILLS, DEATHS & HEADSHOTS
    XP => Per skill: Battle sense, light weapons, heavy weapons, medic, engineer, field ops, covert ops & soldier
    Damage => Damage given, Damage received & Team damage

Since we like our community so much, we decided to take this to a public discussion. What needs to be discussed is which value will replace the "XP", in this discussion it's NOT needed to take factors as how many + or - rate and map length etc. Just talk about the new "total point value" for a map.

The old system will NOT stop running, but this new system will run at the same time, making a double ranking for the time being.

Any questions? Fire ahead!

Kind Regards,

The Trackbase Team

epsi
    holy sh*t, this is awesome!! Great work you did there, can't wait to see this new system running.

As you can now read the XP per skill and to prevent the well known "XP whoring" issue, XP made by the specific abilities of medic, field ops and covert ops should not be considered - thats for sure. Easiest way: The highest fragger should get the best rating. Ppl. with the most HS, having good kill to death stats must get the better rating via TB. So what should replace the XP? -> Weapon stats OR Damage given, Damage received. I guess DG & DR is the simplest way

I repeat: Awesome work guys!!
    Last edited by epsi; 9-08-2011 at 10:40.

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    trackbase
    Steam
    trackbase
    Clan
    tb.
    Personally I was thinking about one of those:
    Total XP - Medic-Fops-Covie + Satchel kill XP + revives + Arti/Airstrike XP

OR

Damage given + engineerxp*extrafactor

But feel free to discuss on, the more thoughts we have on this, the better!

Replies
    Country
    New Zealand
    Clan
    Pro*
    yeah well i remember you said it was possible to set a xp limit per min to medic/fops etc ... ( restricted if you prefer to a " correct" value that everyone could get )
    in my opinion, i think this should still be counted, the same for engineer.

Just thinking about teamplay if meds/ammos packs dont count anymore , not many ppl will heal/supply others or even ( revive (if thats included ).

but if not your method is great for fraggers !
    Not part of trackbase team anymore.
    Please do not report/contact me anymore about trackbase issues.

epsi
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Total XP - Medic-Fops-Covie + Satchel kill XP + revives + Arti/Airstrike XP
    On some servers you get more XP when you hit the enemy. So this servers give the ppl. playing there a massive advance to others when you use this method. Thats not fair than tbh, or am I wrong?

So I would go for this
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    This also assist a bit the obj. players

Quote Originally Posted by Spl@$h~ View Post
    Just thinking about teamplay if meds/ammos packs dont count anymore , not many ppl will heal/supply others or even ( revive (if thats included ).
    but if not your method is great for fraggers !
    Many many ppl. don't care about rating, I doubt this will effect the teamplay on pub fun servers on a noticeable way. XP whores (we have a lot of them in the top 100) also don't really support their team these days. Also you keep the "old" system too
    Last edited by epsi; 9-08-2011 at 14:08.

Replies
    Country
    Poland
    Xfire
    dragonji
    Steam
    dragonji
    Clan
    sKy-e
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl@$h~ View Post
    That would mean no more teamplay, medics won't revive/heal teammates because only rambo-tactic will make higher rating.

Clanpage || --------------------------------------------------------------------- || sKy.eSports Clan

Replies
    good news & big surprise!

think new ranking system will be change a lot.

this tracker will help to keep other servers alive.

fantastic job guys.

dont understand why u need discussion here....its time to set it online

Toooooooooooooooort

epsi
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    That would mean no more teamplay, medics won't revive/heal teammates because only rambo-tactic will make higher rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    The old system will NOT stop running, but this new system will run at the same time, making a double ranking for the time being.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by epsi
    Many many ppl. don't care about rating, I doubt this will effect the teamplay on pub fun servers on a noticeable way. XP whores (we have a lot of them in the top 100) also don't really support their team these days. Also you keep the "old" system too.
    I totally don't think so, Dragon. It's not like even 15 % of the pub ETplayers care about rating. And let's say from this 15 % maybe 5 % are that ego that they don't even heal anymore
    Last edited by epsi; 9-08-2011 at 13:50.

Replies
    Country
    Sweden
    Xfire
    show91
    The only thing which should be calculated to the player rating is the xp gain for kills!

Really, how skilled can you say you are when you build/heal/or supply. The skill factor should only count the xp gain for killing others, or the xp gain when hitting an enemy (jaymod has feature which gives you xp for hits).

I can't really understand those people going around and think they are skilled when they steal a uniform, or building the command post. Yes, it might be skills to revive the whole team if so is the case. But really, the rate factor should only include the K/D or the XP per KILLS!

Cheers!
    Cheers, Shownie

Replies
    Country
    Poland
    Xfire
    dragonji
    Steam
    dragonji
    Clan
    sKy-e
    Quote Originally Posted by Shownie View Post
    The only thing which should be calculated to the player rating is the xp gain for kills!

Really, how skilled can you say you are when you build/heal/or supply. The skill factor should only count the xp gain for killing others, or the xp gain when hitting an enemy (jaymod has feature which gives you xp for hits).

I can't really understand those people going around and think they are skilled when they steal a uniform, or building the command post. Yes, it might be skills to revive the whole team if so is the case. But really, the rate factor should only include the K/D or the XP per KILLS!
    Please tell me, where is it written that rating = skill?

Clanpage || --------------------------------------------------------------------- || sKy.eSports Clan

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast