I'm going to try those low settings. I've used Scarhand's settings in the past, and right now I have my settings pretty dull. The past few days I've been trying to research each renderer setting. Some info posted on various sites seems to contradict one another, or it could be my interpretation. A few years ago, I had someone's config that was VERY dull, and dark. I've been trying to duplicate it but some changes don't really affect the graphics that I can see. Like now, if I adjust my gamma it makes no difference. I used to play with everything bright, but lately I've been trying to darken it with mapoverbrightbits and overbrightbits. My pc can handle the high settings, I have 3 gb ram, GeForce 8800GT card, quad core processor. I figured I can dull down the settings to make the players more visible, if I play on high graphics then it's hard for me to see. I've spectated some of the top players when I'm on F|A and sometimes they can really spot enemies and zero in. I'm hoping to do the same eventually. Don't know if you guys have seen some of BossHK's screenshots, but it's kinda what I mean. I've used his settings also, but the ground seems to have blocky patterns. Man I could go on and on with this, I have a lot of questions, but I don't want to jumble it all up in one post.

For example, I have the folders: etmain, jaymod, noquarter, omnibot, etpub. I usually put a copy of my config in each folder and /exec when I load the mod. But in each folder is the profile folder, in the profile folder is etconfig. Do I need to put in there? I'm asking because it seems like some settings don't change when I /exec.

NoQuarter is my mod of choice, but I do visit Jaymod servers including F|A. My ping is around 80, but it lags. My NQ config is also my Jaymod config. Is there a conflict between the two? Should I be tweaking the configs for different mods? Example: My clan server I ping at 48. I change my cl_maxpackets from 100 to 30, my ping cuts in half, everytime. I tried on F|A, but it makes no difference.