Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    leaderplop

K/d ratio after a quit and rejoin

Hello,

I've noticed that my Kills- and death ratio (k/d-ratio) isn't what it should be.
    If I play a map, and lets say after 10 mins I disconnect. Then after 9 minutes of afk, I rejoin that same map on the same server.
    Strangely, My ppm are almost 100% correct, but my K/d-ratio is the k/d-ratio when I rejoined that specific server: WOOD
    So my 10 mins K/d ratio just disappeared?

Can anyone confirm this?

I think I should have both demo's when I was playing, and when I rejoined. So if this would be necessary to check, I'm glad to look for those demo's.

EDIT: Well, I looked for those demo's in advanced. I don't have them. I only have the stats.
    But it was on WOOD, so maybe the TB-guy from WOOD (Giriel) can get those stats? If it would be necessary to check if I'm not talking 'bs'.
    Last edited by HellfiG; 6-12-2011 at 18:49.

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    trackbase
    Steam
    trackbase
    Clan
    tb.
    We can't change this unfortunately because it is the way ET works. As soon as you reconnect your K/D is reset, xp is saved. What we do is just connect and fetch K/D, so we can't influence this server process of resetting.

So yes I can confirm, and no we have not found a solution yet

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    giriel
    Clan
    -TB#
    greets hellfig,

As Paul said we can't really change that at this time.
    Will discuss some possibilities with him to see if we can fix it.

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    -=PDP=-
    I think the system only records end-of-match values, and to store kills for each player whether they connect or not until end of match would require TB to make its own mod, then again I'm not even sure you could get a server to keep that even with a mod, but it would be useful. I would love it if TB did make a mod to do this.

Spamming the boards! testforecho's Avatar
    Replies
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarhand View Post
    I'm not even sure you could get a server to keep that even with a mod, but it would be useful. I would love it if TB did make a mod to do this.
    With a mod you can do everything you want, unless you want to change engine stuff. You can even make a totally different game.
    Actually making a TB mod based on an existing one (etpub or something) would have required less time and effort than making this new tracker, but then you have to tell all the clans to use TB mod, and not other mods.
    The way they are doing it now works with all mods instead. About disconnecting, why should you disconnect in the first place?

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    giriel
    Clan
    -TB#
    Indeed you would need to force that mod to all servers.
    And not everyone will like that. (And I have no experience at all with mods :p)

For this problem: It's a painful flaw but after some thinking I have found a solution.
    I will ask Paul to update it, if that's done the kills/deaths should be correct even after a disconnect !

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    leaderplop
    Ok, Thanks guys
    I had to get prove showing I didn't got my xp in an unusual way :p
    before someone would say anything...

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    dutchelite89
    TBmod sounds awesome. Just imagine a ultimate rating mod on trusted servers where TB decides the server settings so that everyone can rate in a fair and the same way. Server admins controlling whoring, cheaters etc. I think that if this would be done TB will be at his best cause then you can get real competitive jaymod.
    I think that most clans will even (for example F|A) consider taking a server like this. With them as host but just with rating admins from TB or something. And cmon lets be honest. Since TZAC might disappear in a bit, this would be the golden ticket for TB with jaymod. Then TB really is making a difference with (tardy) SL.

Maybe a bit off topic, but Scarhand mentioned it and it got me thinking.

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    -=PDP=-
    Maybe not a separate mod, but get popular mods to make them "TB compliant". If they don't make it TB compliant, servers are less likely to use the mod because they will lose players who want to rate, as an incentive. Maybe the mod addition could feature GUID based tracking, rather than playernames, to prevent the massively hated name change and such to cancel bad sessions.

Replies
    Country
    Denmark
    Xfire
    patriotqube
    Steam
    Patriotqube
    Clan
    Wolf-ET4ALL Community
    Quote Originally Posted by sosA View Post
    TBmod sounds awesome. Just imagine a ultimate rating mod on trusted servers where TB decides the server settings so that everyone can rate in a fair and the same way. Server admins controlling whoring, cheaters etc. I think that if this would be done TB will be at his best cause then you can get real competitive jaymod.
    I think that most clans will even (for example F|A) consider taking a server like this. With them as host but just with rating admins from TB or something. And cmon lets be honest. Since TZAC might disappear in a bit, this would be the golden ticket for TB with jaymod. Then TB really is making a difference with (tardy) SL.

Maybe a bit off topic, but Scarhand mentioned it and it got me thinking.
    trusted servers?

somthing like ranked servers then? as it was with etqw, and the bf series?

ranked servers was what killed etqw imo

et is alive because there are so many options for server owners, start limiting it to a few "trusted" servers wtf

who is going to decide who the trusted servers are? i dont trust anyone that aint playing the game sitting on my lap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast