Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Replies
    Country
    Sweden
    Xfire
    show91

Exclusive interview with Paul

Hello there lads!

I am working on a quite serious interview with Paul. I have little problem filling out the questions, so why don't you guys help me out?

I am sure you all have some questions about the man behind TrackBase. So please, help me out and ASK your questions in this thread. I will not use every question posted, but only a handfull!

Thanks!
    Cheers, Shownie

Replies
    Country
    India
    Xfire
    anuragfunkydude
    1.why you run this site and for what ?
    2.when this site is made ?
    only 2 questions from me

Replies
    Country
    Sweden
    Xfire
    show91
    Thanks for sharing!
    Cheers, Shownie

Replies
    Country
    Poland
    Xfire
    dragonji
    Steam
    dragonji
    Clan
    sKy-e
    Quote Originally Posted by anurag007 View Post
    2.when this site is made ?
    10-10-2010

Clanpage || --------------------------------------------------------------------- || sKy.eSports Clan

Svetlana
    its not like paul is a big deal but i think i got a few question for u...

1. Paul, y did u steal sl's source code?

2. Paul, y did u tell people that sl is shit and to come over to tb while this site is the same shit?!

3. and y the hell does nobody delete svet's profile even tho he asked for it nicely????????

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    -=PDP=-
    1. What was your inspiration for making TrackBase?

2. What kinds of things does TrackBase offer that can't be found anywhere else?

3. What are your next big plans for TrackBase?

4. What is your favorite color?

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Clan
    [SLUT]
    Svetlana, although I question the seriousness of your questions (...), I highly believe they're not relevant nor contributory to the interview.

If you wish to have your profile deleted, please pm me or Paul (although I can not delete any forum profiles, I can contact (or any other TB staff member for that matter) ) Paul.

2. Paul, y did u tell people that sl is shit and to come over to tb while this site is the same shit?!
    Although I shouldn't spend my time in answering these kinds of questions, but such an event never occurred.

If you have issues using TB, then it is your right to provide constructive feedback and in that same line stop using any of the TB services.

Future posts reflecting false, inaccurate or insulting natures will be considered as spam and deleted. Consequences are to be followed.

1.Why and for whom TB was created?
    2.Did you really own this site created?
    3.Why Punkbuster unsecured servers are supported with a ranking?
    4.Cheating players are also listed in the ranking?

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    trackbase
    Steam
    trackbase
    Clan
    tb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Svetlana View Post
    its not like paul is a big deal but i think i got a few question for u...

1. Paul, y did u steal sl's source code?

3. and y the hell does nobody delete svet's profile even tho he asked for it nicely????????
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagileo View Post
    Svetlana, although I question the seriousness of your questions (...), I highly believe they're not relevant nor contributory to the interview.

If you wish to have your profile deleted, please pm me or Paul (although I can not delete any forum profiles, I can contact (or any other TB staff member for that matter) ) Paul.

Although I shouldn't spend my time in answering these kinds of questions, but such an event never occurred.

If you have issues using TB, then it is your right to provide constructive feedback and in that same line stop using any of the TB services.

Future posts reflecting false, inaccurate or insulting natures will be considered as spam and deleted. Consequences are to be followed.
    Since all is open and the truth is always better, I'll answer your questions:

1) Everything on TB was homemade, nothing was 'stolen'. The server monitor client-side code was used to base ours on (why reinvent the wheel). Besides that, 100% of the code was home-made. I didn't / don't even HAVE the code from SL, I had only be in the team for a while.
    I wanted to program and expand SL to rebring it to it's former glory, but they said it would be too much work for me and I shouldn't do it. I arranged some stuff, whereafter they said SL would STOP and QUIT at december 31 2010. I already started working on "SLv3" but this didn't help anything. In fact, when I got closer to an end they kicked me out and said it was all useless and I was going the wrong way. On this moment I decided to continue and finish the product to form TB.

But then, SL continued after december because they didn't like TB (without TB, we wouldn't have anything...). I still respect SL, for what they have provided through the years, and with the new owner there is still a future for them.

However, it's mostly a personal choice, a lot of people prefer TB, and other people prefer SL. We just continue to expand and add new functionality for our users and the users are free to use whatever they like.

2) No I didn't, however there were some clans that switched to TB on the release date and quit at SL, it was there own choice and they saw more possibility's here. If it's still the same shit, please tell me the details more exact, as we would like to solve those issues and improve it to your likings.

3) I haven't got a request to delete your account, if you wish so, send me a PM and I will remove your account.

As for the other questions, I will answer them all in a list provided by Shownie later.

Quote Originally Posted by StoerFaktoR View Post
    2.Did you really own this site created?
    It's not a matter of did, but Do, and yes I do, every single line of code written is typed by my own hands. A lot of graphic stuff and documentation and of course hte support could not be possible without the fantastic team we have.

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    getoffmyscreen
    Clan
    Controlled-Gaming
    Who got you to play et?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast