Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ET Fog settings

Replies
    Country
    Finland
    Clan
    =F|A=

Question ET Fog settings

So I have a "problem" with my ET fog. I would like the fog to be smooth for my movie config, but I can't find the cvar that controls the fog's look. Now the fog is a "wall" that moves away when I'm moving at it and I would like it to be smooth, more like a fade away fog. This happens in maps such as radar, railgun, axislab etc. (every map that has some fog). I know it can be fading, but now I've been wondering if it's a server side setting when I can't seem to find it. So now I'm asking if some of you know the cvar or can tell me whats up?

Here is some pics if you don't get what I mean:

And I would like to have this:

Thanks in advance!

E: Just realised that this was a wrong forum so could someone move this to Broken PC's, gaming problems and configuration problems
    Last edited by mirqli; 31-10-2011 at 14:24.

the cvar is r_wolffog 1 (default, with fog) but some ETPro servers, changed it in the settings so it looks like ur 1st or 2nd picture dunno if u can set it to 1 then. The others are: r_nv_fogdist_mode: "GL_EYE_RADIAL_NV" and r_ext_NV_fog_dist "0" but dont ask me what they do

Replies
    Country
    Finland
    Clan
    =F|A=
    Ye I've tried all 3 cvars already and doesnt help.

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    -=PDP=-
    r_clamptoedge 1

The fog isn't shown due to that cvar combined with how your graphics card works, or just because of your graphics card. No other settings will affect fog in ET that you are allowed to change. The "fog" you see is just the cull distance from another cvar. Just set r_clamptoedge to 1.

Replies
    Country
    Finland
    Clan
    =F|A=
    Thanks for your reply, this worked first time, but the second time I connected to the same server, everything was back to normal, this is weird. I was wondering if I could somehow edit the graphic card's settings from the NVIDIA control panel. Dunno if it's possible, but if you know, please tell me I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 286 graphic card.

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    synonymmonk
    Clan
    .PG|
    Quote Originally Posted by mirqli View Post
    Thanks for your reply, this worked first time, but the second time I connected to the same server, everything was back to normal, this is weird. I was wondering if I could somehow edit the graphic card's settings from the NVIDIA control panel. Dunno if it's possible, but if you know, please tell me I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 286 graphic card.
    Where did you put that line in your cfg? in your autoexec? Then it should stay.

Regards,

Replies
    Country
    Finland
    Clan
    =F|A=
    Ye, I'm not a beginner with cfg stuff. Dunno was it because I added it there or was it just random because sometimes I have it without editing my cfg at all, this is just weird and google can't help at all...

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    -=PDP=-
    It shouldn't revert back unless it is somewhere in your cfg. Try adding +seta r_clamptoedge 1 to the target line of your ET shortcut.

Replies
    Country
    Finland
    Clan
    =F|A=
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarhand View Post
    It shouldn't revert back unless it is somewhere in your cfg. Try adding +seta r_clamptoedge 1 to the target line of your ET shortcut.
    I did and didn't help. I'm 100% sure r_clamptoedge is 1 in game since when I type r_clamptoedge in console it responds "r_clamptoedge" is: "1" Default: "1". The weird thing is that the fog randomly goes smooth and next time back to the ugly fog without changing anything, no idea whats up, fustrating...

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    -=PDP=-
    Some maps force some cvars to be different. You may just be playing on a no fog map. Does it do it for maps that normally have fog?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast