Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    good job

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    dutchelite89
    Quote Originally Posted by stars* View Post
    My problem is that they STILL are there, when everyone knows it. i wonder why
    yea no idea really -_-
    If it was up to me their rating would have been disabled. Think its almost impossible to disable all whorers their rate, but concentrating on the top 100 will make it allot easier. Assigning community sheriffs or smthing and start disabling. IMO

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    synonymmonk
    Clan
    .PG|
    I think I've answered your question.
    Thank you for the reply on my question Adrian!

I had this feeling that it was based on "unfair" gaining. Thanks for the explanation as i understand its more like unwritten rules that "we have made" in the past.

Is rating good for a game like this, In my eyes the players, who are focused on rate do only care about there own stats and getting the kill ratio they need. But something like Team play and Objective play where this game is about is forgotten. This is not wrong, but just a side effect on the server you are moderating.

one question which remains for me after the hole rate story:
    Other point is that all top players are playing Jaymod. Now we all know that the average player skills in Jaymod are lower than the average player skill in NQ for example. Plus some mod settings like fast reloading charge bar, Double guns, Fast shooting doesn't make it more fair. You can compare your score in NQ (ppm) and that when you play Jaymod (ppm) and see the difference. To make it clear, i don't have anything against rating, but my opinion is that the current system can be improved to get a more balanced and fair system.

Kind regards,
    monk
    Last edited by .PG|monk; 24-10-2011 at 10:17.

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    getoffmyscreen
    Clan
    Controlled-Gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by |IMG||monk View Post
    Other point is that all top players are playing Jaymod. Now we all know that the average player skills in Jaymod are lower than the average player skill in NQ
    Wrong, I don't know if you have actually played any jaymod servers, but it depends on server mostly, not the mod, there is actually quite alot of ETPro players playing jaymod, or overall skilled players playing jaymod, ask anyone from crossfire, they have played and actually got addicted to jaymod, I don't see any pro player playing NQ, the "Best Rater" in NQ right now is toxiccity, who can only manage 35 acc and still get 60 ppm, think about that abit

Replies
    Country
    Germany
    Xfire
    sunstars
    Clan
    Enemies of War
    Quote Originally Posted by sosA View Post
    yea no idea really -_-
    If it was up to me their rating would have been disabled. Think its almost impossible to disable all whorers their rate, but concentrating on the top 100 will make it allot easier. Assigning community sheriffs or smthing and start disabling. IMO
    Wont happen

Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Xfire
    enigmatictrauma
    Steam
    JosipTito
    Clan
    none
    Now we all know that the average player skills in Jaymod are lower than the average player skill in NQ for example.
    I'd say it's actually the ET version (2.55/2.6b) that somewhat influences the average skill. Jaymod isn't as "easy" as people make it out to be, you should try it out.
    Anyway, the skill level is generally a bit more balanced on 2.6b servers, while on 2.55+ there sometimes may be a huge difference between skilled and nonskilled.
    But that doesn't mean you can't rate on NQ. People (including me) have done it in the past with fairly good results.
    There used to be quite many raters on servers like F|A NQ last year, for example, but most (if not all) of them moved on to Jaymod...

You can compare your score in NQ (ppm) and that when you play Jaymod (ppm) and see the difference.
    I don't rate on NQ anymore, but when I used to I was able to get ppms ranging from 15 to 25, which were usually good enough to get a +. I get similar results on F|A #2, which has xp working the same way. I should also mention that ppms depend on server settings too: some Jaymod servers have xp based on hits rather than kills, so it's easy to get 20+ on those. But rating is calculated between average values, so it depends on other players' rating/ppm too. A ppm of 20 is generally a bad result in that case, but it's ALL relative to certain settings.

Anyway, rating is kind of pointless at this point, since we all know Toxicity along with his butt buddies are going to reach the top, if nobody stops them from doing so.
    Last edited by carnage; 24-10-2011 at 14:36.

Replies
    Country
    India
    Xfire
    anuragfunkydude
    shoguun rank is going up and up lol
    his rank is 3 now wtf tb guys make rank low and disable

Replies
    Nice music and vid

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    dutchelite89
    Lets see what will hapen from now on. GG at tox!c!ty, 3 more left (for now)

Replies
    Country
    Italy
    Clan
    ctrl-
    anyway i guess there are less NQ servers where ppl rate in it,but i noticed that ppl like to spam/camp/do sh1t more in noquarter server than other mods
    just my 2 cents
    cTRL-STEVIA

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast