Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Replies
    Clan
    <IoW>
    Ok, but aren't IP bans done with RCON - pb_sv_ban. Is there another way? My server is ETPUB, so we use GUID for XPSAVE and shrubbet stuff, is that stuff going to go away because of this?

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    hellreturn
    Clan
    -TB#
    Quote Originally Posted by <IoW> BECK View Post
    Ok, but aren't IP bans done with RCON - pb_sv_ban. Is there another way? My server is ETPUB, so we use GUID for XPSAVE and shrubbet stuff, is that stuff going to go away because of this?
    pb_sv_ban = RCON based, yes.
    !subnetban = silEnT Mod feature. We had added support for it couple of weeks back for NON PB servers but since there is NO PB at all, now, it will come handy

If your server is ETPub, you can easily convert it to silEnT without loosing XP or admin. You can use the conversion tool.

http://mygamingtalk.com/forums/files...or-silent-mod/

Note: IIRC, in ETPub if you ban someone without GUID, it will ban all players. So be careful.

Replies
    Clan
    <IoW>
    Wonderful - we're signed up for silent beta anyway, I think. We've been testing it out for a few weeks and love it. Thanks for the info!

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    hellreturn
    Clan
    -TB#
    Quote Originally Posted by <IoW> BECK View Post
    Wonderful - we're signed up for silent beta anyway, I think. We've been testing it out for a few weeks and love it. Thanks for the info!
    Make sure you are in this list RC candidate will be released today or tomorrow and you can download it from our download section if you are in Beta Tester group.

Replies
    Clan
    <IoW>
    Yup, one of my admins is there

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    synonymmonk
    Clan
    .PG|
    People will start making wide usage of IP bans. At least until a new ID system gets implemented (if this ever happens).
    Whats the sense of Banning players by GUID. Normally they could generate a new one, (temporary) not now.
    And besides i always ban players by IP.

ETPUB, so we use GUID for XPSAVE and shrubbet stuff, is that stuff going to go away because of this?
    All players that play on your server and are having a guid, their XP + adminlevels will be saved. If a new player without any guid connects his xp and adminlevels will not be saved, because PB doenst create a guid (guid= to save xp + admin) any longer.

/rcon pb_sv_ban bans a connected player reconized by /pb_sv_plist which doenst work any longer. And wondering what its bans (guid or IP ) or both.
    same for command !ban in schrubbot which ban the name or slot from that player with time. There is something like pb_sv_banmask for IP, but to be honest im not sure if that doenst work either.

Maybe sombody with Etpub experience is able to help you out Beck.

Regards,
    monk

Replies
    Country
    Sweden
    Clan
    .$k@
    Hi Paul! That's a good decision but i've another one. Just a suggestion. It's hard to overwatch every server, way to hard and it requies way to much work. Why just not to enable rating on SOME servers? I'm talkin about FA now for example (Just no WOOD plz lol). I think my idea isn't that bad. I would just enable rating for SOME servers if i were You paul .

BTW i think WE are going to have much work now . That means we need more members HOWEVER, from now, WHTEAM is going to bust "High Rated" Cheaters! You have our support Paul!

Greetings

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    dutchelite89
    Nice Paul!
    Maybe its wise to make a special section in forum for a list with those names? This way other server admins will be aware of these ppl. cheating.
    So we can still help each other out.

Replies
    Country
    Germany
    Clan
    [!!!]

Why turn it off?

should be enough to set pb_sv_guidrelax to 1. Just allow unkw_guid

Don't like the idea of loosing my loved admin mod.

pb_sv_plist still works at least for all player that have a guid
    Last edited by harlekin; 5-10-2011 at 23:33.

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    hellreturn
    Clan
    -TB#
    Quote Originally Posted by |IMG||monk View Post
    /rcon pb_sv_ban bans a connected player reconized by /pb_sv_plist which doenst work any longer. And wondering what its bans (guid or IP ) or both.
    same for command !ban in schrubbot which ban the name or slot from that player with time. There is something like pb_sv_banmask for IP, but to be honest im not sure if that doenst work either.

Maybe sombody with Etpub experience is able to help you out Beck.

Regards,
    monk
    pb_sv_ban bans the GUID
    pb_sv_banmask bans the IP and/or subnet and it works perfectly well.

@ <IOW> Beck
    silEnT Mod 0.4.0 RC1 Released. You can ask your admin, to grab it and use the new added featurs.

We are planning to add some local mod based GUID in next release for general XP storage. Till then you can use client hardware based identification and subnet ban features.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast