Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    hellreturn
    Clan
    -TB#
    Start disabling PB on your servers unless you want to loose players cos of no GUID.

Spamming the boards! [TfL]DeV!L's Avatar
    Replies
    Country
    Germany
    Xfire
    wildehilde1979
    Steam
    wildehilde1979
    Clan
    Dr. |GANG
    i think after evenbalance dont support anymore its better to disable pb and search or build a other cheat protection

but what about 2.55+ installed servers or Enhanced mod........all will be not supported i think
    Last edited by [TfL]DeV!L; 5-10-2011 at 12:57.

Replies
    Country
    Germany
    Xfire
    sunstars
    Clan
    Enemies of War
    Quote Originally Posted by sosA View Post
    No PB will eventually cause more problems on jaymod. Admins have eventually to decide if someone is cheating or not. And lots of admins are just terrible.
    this is for sure. not only this. clans will have problems with setting admin levles. someone w/o etkey cant get admin. also, ppl can fake each other easily and you cant even check it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HellfiG View Post
    Anyone wanna make an own anti-cheatprogram and put it online? XD

Or maybe Trackbase can step up, and make one of it's own?
    I know, I'm in to coding myself. I know it will take time, a lot of time. But maybe this could be an idea for the future?
    If those server with a own-anti-cheat-program would put there heads together, than maybe we could have a good substitute?

Also, I don't see tzac go online on Jaymod. Like Carnage implemented, newbies will need to download tzac and play with it.
    1) You need to clear out somewhere that tzac is needed to play et (on jaymod).
    2) tzac needs to configure their program to Jaymod settings.

Ok, maybe that isn't much to do. But it needs to happen if they want to go to Jaymod (which I also doubt).

My thoughts: We need a general anti-cheat program. Something that can be connected with other servers (like pb), and actually work proper.
    Now we have a few servers that use an own anti-cheat program. And some really suck.
    The Problem is that this will be a hell of work. i think it will be a fulltimejob, if you wanna do a good job. you need to have solutions for guidspoofing, hacks, name stealers, some program for the server owner, a own server for all the information you will get...thats alot of time and money.

Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
    Start disabling PB on your servers unless you want to loose players cos of no GUID.
    I would never imagine you saying this but its the truth. This news is a slap in the face
    Also PBBANS has also stopped support for ET and no more new bans will be made.

With the PB auth server offline no new GUID's will be generated and current ones will not have the age info anymore which effectively means this is the end of the line for PBBans support in ET.

Without the PB auth server the Hub will not add new bans.

Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Xfire
    enigmatictrauma
    Steam
    JosipTito
    Clan
    none
    To build an anti-cheat you need resources and help from people who are into coding for a living, literally lol.
    The trackbase community is pretty big and gathers players from jaymod, as well as noquarter, etpub/silent, etpro, and so on. Not to mention many people donate money to keep it up. Something could be attempted to be done if the TB staff members themselves supported the idea. A sort of "trackbase anti-cheat" (tbac LOL!) isn't a totally absurd idea if it's done with the right intentions and resources. But even with total dedication it would take a lot of time to make it from scratch. If this hypotetical (and I repeat, hypotetical) trackbase anti-cheat for "fun"-mods was to be developed in collaboration with tzac, for example, you'd already have the backbone for a good anti-cheat.

Again that's just a thought. Maybe I'm going too far.

Replies
    Country
    Germany
    Xfire
    sunstars
    Clan
    Enemies of War
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
    hi dare,
    will jay2 get the trackbase rating protection?

Replies
    Country
    New Zealand
    Clan
    Pro*
    nah doubt that TB will try to do something .. there stuff planned which take a lot of time and still not done , so a new anti cheat protection would take months.
    Not part of trackbase team anymore.
    Please do not report/contact me anymore about trackbase issues.

Replies
    Country
    Germany
    Xfire
    sunstars
    Clan
    Enemies of War
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl@$h~ View Post
    nah doubt that TB will try to do something .. there stuff planned which take a lot of time and still not done , so a new anti cheat protection would take months.
    or many many more ppl who will help for free.

Spamming the boards! [TfL]DeV!L's Avatar
    Replies
    Country
    Germany
    Xfire
    wildehilde1979
    Steam
    wildehilde1979
    Clan
    Dr. |GANG
    ok we need an protection like pb was.......server files......for linux and windows.....and a automatic download for clients and no extra installition like tzac

its a good protection but most of all players dont want to download first and wait .....wait.........and then play........they want to connect.......and play directly.....any kicks and many downloads will scare them.

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    leaderplop
    oh well, it was an idea.
    Maybe we should try to post to clan forums, and ask for help?
    There should be something we can do?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast