Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spamming the boards! {WeB}*GANG$TA*'s Avatar
    Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Clan
    Wolf Euro Brigade

Wolfenstein: The way it should be

Our new server has been up and running for around 4 weeks now and I think we can safely say that we have finally got it the way we want it. Our server is very different from the majority of servers out there and for good reason. Are you tired of Rambo Medics, spawncampers, XP whores and stat junkies who rarely, if ever, play as part of the team or care about the map objective? I'm sure many of us are and so our server has been set up in various ways to combat these type of players. Here's what we've done:

1] Hitsound cheat removed

2] Medic self-heal delayed for 20 seconds

3] All spawnkilling/camping banned

4] Forced cvars so each player sees every map and it's detail in the same way

5] Ardeneline for all classes

6] XP reset every Monday so that new players have a chance of competing on a level playing field

7] Over 60 custom maps, many you will not have played before

8] Custom uniform, landmine, command post and weapons skins, weapons sounds and vsay chat

9] Medic class limited to 2 medics per team,( play as a real medic who supports his engineers or get kicked )

That's just some of the things we've done to try and ensure that the game we all love is played in the manner that it should be, as a teamplay based game where the map objective is the primary focus of all players. It will take you 10 minutes or so to download all our custom features, if you can't be bothered doing that then please feel free to continue fragging on the usual servers where teamplay and objectives are a thing of the past and where the selfish Rambo Medic rules supreme.

Replies
    Country
    Romania
    just a small detail:what s the ip?

Replies
    Country
    France
    It sounds great, even if i'm addicted by hitsounds and I love to be a rambo medic (being a good medic at the same time), but this is a good alternative and I'll visit your server if you want to share it with us

I have a question by the way: in your server, if a medic heal an other medic, does he earn xp?

Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Clan
    Wolf Euro Brigade
    Quote Originally Posted by ibunforgiven View Post
    just a small detail:what s the ip?
    I think you were on our server tonight, Unforgiven? If so it was good to see you there, you were a medic and a good one too. I never posted the ip because it's on our et.trackbase Clan page m8, but here it is incase others are interested:

213.108.31.165:27040

Quote Originally Posted by davn View Post
    I have a question by the way: in your server, if a medic heal an other medic, does he earn xp?
    Yes he earns XP for the revive, but not for giving the other medic health packs. The same applies to Field Ops if they give ammo to another.

Replies
    Country
    Estonia
    Xfire
    Dupstep
    Make your server run on UltraET or FalckonET or even Chaos mod.

But good luck with server!

(As I see you run ETpub,you could touch the SDK to make changes there)

Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Clan
    Wolf Euro Brigade
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupstep View Post
    Make your server run on UltraET or FalckonET or even Chaos mod.
    I took a look at the information I could find on these 2 Mods, the FalckonET Mod looks ridiculous, quite frankly. We're the "old farts" of Wolfenstein who came from Return to Castle Wolfenstein MP straight to WolfET when it was released. We are traditionalists who try to make the game as authentic to the World War II genre as possible and so having the option of modern weapons such as phosphorus bombs etc., doesn't interest us, although we could disable these weapons server-side if we used the Mod.

UltraET did interest me though when it comes to dealing with the "hunk_megs" issue. We have a couple of players who suffer from this type of crash at the end of certain maps, ie., MLB Daybreak, Breakout 2 and even good ol' Venice. We'll certainly give this Mod a closer look.

Thanks for the info, Dupstep.
    Last edited by {WeB}*GANG$TA*; 30-09-2011 at 16:35.

Replies
    Country
    Finland
    Xfire
    theonni
    Steam
    theonni
    Quote Originally Posted by {WeB}*GANG$TA* View Post
    I took a look at the information I could find on these 2 Mods, the FalckonET Mod looks ridiculous, quite frankly. We're the "old farts" of Wolfenstein who came from Return to Castle Wolfenstein MP straight to WolfET when it was released. We are traditionalists who try to make the game as authentic to the World War II genre as possible and so having the option of modern weapons such as phosphorus bombs etc., doesn't interest us, although we could disable these weapons server-side if we used the Mod.
    Wow I like that! I must try your server, actually I tried to connect once buy I had no time to download everything, something wrong with connection coz 20kb/sec.. Lol

Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Clan
    Wolf Euro Brigade
    Quote Originally Posted by Onni:] View Post
    ...........something wrong with connection coz 20kb/sec.. Lol

That's strange, Onni, the lowest speed we've heard of so far is 250kbs. I'll look into this and see if any other player has had a similar experience. Thanks for letting me know.

Replies
    Country
    Romania
    that s simply because u lack out of curiosity of looking what w:et menu contains.go to options/game/downloads and put yes on all three lines in this section.than reconnect and depending on how good your net is u going to be able to download with even 1 mb/s as i did.no need to thanks me for the tip.ooo btw maybe u have time to watch my tutorials on you tube to learn smt new as well

Replies
    Country
    Romania
    yes i was,by searching your clan name on the database of gametracker list.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast