Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    hellreturn
    Clan
    -TB#
    We have released silEnT MOD 0.4.0 RC1.

Whoever had registered on our forums for beta testing, now can download it from our download section.

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    battel4star
    Steam
    battel4star
    Nice Dare
    I will test it to.

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    hellreturn
    Clan
    -TB#
    Quote Originally Posted by battel4star View Post
    Nice Dare
    I will test it to.
    You are welcome anytime, mate.

Spamming the boards! {WeB}*GANG$TA*'s Avatar
    Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Clan
    Wolf Euro Brigade
    Silent Mod is a choice given to us when we install our server, Daredevil. I take it this version available to us is an older one? All things going to plan we'll be installing Silent Mod on our server this weekend, replacing our ETPub Mod.

I was meaning to ask you, Daredevil, will we be able to use all our server customisations when we use Silent Mod? For example we use custom uniform skins, mineflags, weapons skins, command posts, splashscreens, limbo menu, forced cvars, custom soundpacks and so on.

Replies
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Xfire
    shyriu92
    Clan
    =F|A=
    Servers with silEnT 0.4.0.rc1 mod ( http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mo...rinfo&idx=5925 ) are not rating.Maybe someone can fix it?

Thanks.

=F|A= Forums ---------- Tutorials ---------- =F|A= Snake

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    hellreturn
    Clan
    -TB#
    Quote Originally Posted by {WeB}*GANG$TA* View Post
    Silent Mod is a choice given to us when we install our server, Daredevil. I take it this version available to us is an older one? All things going to plan we'll be installing Silent Mod on our server this weekend, replacing our ETPub Mod.

I was meaning to ask you, Daredevil, will we be able to use all our server customisations when we use Silent Mod? For example we use custom uniform skins, mineflags, weapons skins, command posts, splashscreens, limbo menu, forced cvars, custom soundpacks and so on.
    Hello,
    I would first suggest to test it on test server, with all the custom pk3's.

Custom skins = Yes. (Might need some tweaking at some place)
    Mineflags = Yes (Might need some tweaking at some place because silent mod as trip mines also)
    Weapon skins = Yes.
    Command post, splashscreens, Limbu Menu (We support wide screen while ETPub doesn't so might need some tweaking for some resolutions) = Yes
    Sound packs = I think it will work fine but you will need to update it to support our new User Interface. (5-10 mins work)

I haven't used this many customization because few customization are sometimes FPS killers and players like to have more FPS then skins or customization. But yes, you can do it all. If you need help, please ask on mygamingtalk forums and other owners silent mod can also help.

Spamming the boards! {WeB}*GANG$TA*'s Avatar
    Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Clan
    Wolf Euro Brigade
    We've been testing your Mod for about a week now, Daredevil, there's plenty that we like about it but there are some problems too. Try as we might, we still cannot get the campaign descriptions to work, we have seven 10-map campaigns, so this is driving us nuts.

Each Clan member has a theme tune that plays when he joins the server but, because of alterations made to the original shrubbot cfg by the creators of siLeNt Mod, we find that we can't get these to work either. We've also noticed that siLeNt Mod automatically renames some server files from the old ETPub cfg, so that too causes some grief when it comes to customising our server the way we like it.

Everything else worked well though, ie., custom weapon and uniform skins, mine flags, command posts and so on. Any advice on how to sort our problems would be much appreciated.

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    hellreturn
    Clan
    -TB#
    Quote Originally Posted by {WeB}*GANG$TA* View Post
    We've been testing your Mod for about a week now, Daredevil, there's plenty that we like about it but there are some problems too. Try as we might, we still cannot get the campaign descriptions to work, we have seven 10-map campaigns, so this is driving us nuts.

Each Clan member has a theme tune that plays when he joins the server but, because of alterations made to the original shrubbot cfg by the creators of siLeNt Mod, we find that we can't get these to work either. We've also noticed that siLeNt Mod automatically renames some server files from the old ETPub cfg, so that too causes some grief when it comes to customising our server the way we like it.

Everything else worked well though, ie., custom weapon and uniform skins, mine flags, command posts and so on. Any advice on how to sort our problems would be much appreciated.
    I would strongly suggest to post in our support sections so if we find any bug ALL developers are aware of it.

http://mygamingtalk.com/forums/forum...tup-questions/

Coming back to your question:
    1. We have totally different shrubbot system i.e. you can do offline, search users, etc from server itself.

In ETpub you can't ban someone from server who is not present on server while in silEnT you can.
    In ETPub there is no hardware based identifications while in silEnT we have.
    In ETPub you can't do !subnet bans of IP while in silEnT you can.
    In silEnT you can search who connected from which IP using search user commands from server itself while you can't in ETPub.... and I can go on.

Since silEnT mod =/= ETPub mod it's obvious we will have different things.

For your shrubbot.cfg problem, you need to adjust it accordingly to silent mod. If you can send me your shrubbot.cfg I can check for errors and send you back so that will fix your theme tune problem. You can either specify greeting sound level based or even add player based. You can also change it from server for specific player using useredit command.

2. Campaign problem:
    Can you please post your campaign on silent mod forums and we can help you with that.

Suggestion: Also, why to use campaign and force players to play the map which are in it? Why not use map voting feature and let players choose the maps which they like? Example: add 20 maps on server. At the end of each map during intermission players can vote for their favorite map and map getting highest votes, will be loaded. You can g_minMapAge 4 so once map played, it will not available for voting for next 4 voting sessions.

Things are actually more simpler, efficient and optimized Long gone the days of creating campaign and asking player to download it. Just upload maps and use map voting and let your regular players decide which map they want to play.

Replies
    We at the webclan are a big fan of playing campaigns, just like in the old days . Now we have 70 maps on the server, much more than on an average server. However, if we use the voting system, it would be insane to have 70 maps(think of the long choosing list alone). Also, now we get much variation in maps, if we use what you suggest(the g_minMapAge 4) thing, it will not be as variated as it is now.

As for the technical problems, either Gang$ta or a certain monkey will contact you on your forum very soon, I'm sure of that

Kariboe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast