Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    hellreturn
    Clan
    -TB#
    Quote Originally Posted by BossHK View Post
    Noo suddenly there are not many jaymod servers left. What is so good at silentmod that its being preferred over jaymod? :/ Played silent yesterday(first time ever) and from player's pov it was just mix of etpub&nq.
    I just want normal hitsounds... '
    Many things are different. Hit sounds depends on admins and they can upload any hitsounds they like I use ETpro hitsounds on my silent servers and different admins use different.

Well the basic things which are good in silEnT are:
    1. Hardware ban for cheaters.
    2. Disable PM chat for level 0 users. Stop recruiting in PM's. (Optional)
    3. Custom commands. Not possible in stock jaymod.
    4. Map voting and TDM gametype for frag maps.
    5. Mod based key for XPsave and banning.
    6. Subnet bans with whitelist IP's to ban cheaters.
    7. Advanced admin system. - No limit on user database. I have db size of 10Mb. In jaymod it causes XP reset randomly if reach user limit.
    8. sv_cvar restrictions. Useful in absence of PB.
    9. Auto move to spec after inactivity.. jaymod u can't.. admins have to babysit and move afk's..
    10. Custom mute time.. mute different whinners for different time.. not possible in jaymod.

This are just few of many changes.. Jaymod has many issues which now a days are resolved in many mods. Jaybird is no where to find and hence admins are moving to different mods.

Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Xfire
    iammuppet
    Clan
    TeamMuppet
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
    Many things are different. Hit sounds depends on admins and they can upload any hitsounds they like I use ETpro hitsounds on my silent servers and different admins use different.

7. Advanced admin system. - No limit on user database. I have db size of 10Mb. In jaymod it causes XP reset randomly if reach user limit.
    9. Auto move to spec after inactivity.. jaymod u can't.. admins have to babysit and move afk's..
    10. Custom mute time.. mute different whinners for different time.. not possible in jaymod.

This are just few of many changes.. Jaymod has many issues which now a days are resolved in many mods. Jaybird is no where to find and hence admins are moving to different mods.
    And still being continuously developed and improved for the community!

Replies
    Country
    Croatia
    Steam
    dookie717
    Discord
    AxE|dookie#5377
    Clan
    #AxE Clan

what you and mrmuppet said its 100% correct! I didnt switch my server from jaymod to silent cuz I stopped liking jaymod, but we must look it from another angle, jaymod is atm really bad for server admin's, first there is hella a lot of no guider's who are most of time cheaters, and then only solution is IP ban, and ip ban is only possible with rcon password which bring's us that a lot of people should have rcon's nd then it would be a mess,jaybird is inactive for over a year now, and i honestly doubt that he is ever coming back, but what the hell, he did a great job for this game and community with his jaymod realases, but nothng last's forever, about hitsounds, they r copied from jaymod hitsounds so there isnt actually any diffrence, but like daredevil posted, there is many advantages in silent mod not only for players, but for server admins who can easyli ban cheaters, because 1. they all got guid, and 2. subnet's ban are easy, so what i wanted to say that silent mod is 1 great improvment, and ive seen only few people complaining about it, but its impossible to make everyone happy, and the reason why i decided to change to silent mod after all, SILENT MOD MODDERS ARE ACTIVE, and we can always expect from them sum new version's of mod with fixed bug's and problems. That's all from me. Im sorry if some of you dislike silent mod, but I did it for my server and my clan, cuz I think we will have a bigger chance to survive with it, then with jaymod on our server.

Thank you all for reading.

Cya on server!
    Last edited by Dookie; 25-04-2012 at 07:09.

Replies
    Country
    Croatia
    Steam
    dookie717
    Discord
    AxE|dookie#5377
    Clan
    #AxE Clan
    btw, just wanted to say, when I was creating silent mod on my server, I had many unanswered questions, cuz its diffrent settings then jaymod which I was usually creating, and all my questions i posted on silentmod forums and got reply whitin a 2 hours or so, very clear answers, so that's another + for this mod, please keep going with your realases
    Last edited by Dookie; 25-04-2012 at 07:07.

Replies
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Xfire
    negerpiet
    Clan
    .WAR|
    I have been thinking about switching from Jaymod to Silent for sometime, but the main reason I won't do it is because I don't like the hitboxes. With Silent when I am playing against a player that moves a lot he becomes unhittable, I don't have this feeling with Jaymod. However from an admin perspective Silent would be ideal.
    Last edited by Ruben0s; 25-04-2012 at 12:36.

Replies
    Country
    Croatia
    Steam
    dookie717
    Discord
    AxE|dookie#5377
    Clan
    #AxE Clan
    yep, hitboxes are bit wierd, but you catch them in no time

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    hellreturn
    Clan
    -TB#
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben0s View Post
    I have been thinking about switching from Jaymod to Silent for sometime, but the main reason I won't do it is because I don't like the hitboxes. With Silent when I am playing against a player that moves a lot he becomes unhittable, I don't have this feeling with Jaymod. However from an admin perspective Silent would be ideal.
    Goes both way around.. people playing on my silent mod servers say jaymod hitboxes are to big..u shoot anywhere and u hit.. and people playing on my jaymod servers say they can't hit with smaller hitboxes or hitboxes are different..

If you have suggestions on what improvement u would like to see in hitboxes, feel free to share it on mygamingtalk and developers will look into it.

Replies
    Country
    Poland
    Xfire
    dragonji
    Steam
    dragonji
    Clan
    sKy-e
    Quote Originally Posted by BossHK View Post
    Noo suddenly there are not many jaymod servers left. What is so good at silentmod that its being preferred over jaymod? :/ Played silent yesterday(first time ever) and from player's pov it was just mix of etpub&nq.
    I just want normal hitsounds... '
    Major problem with Jaymod is administrating side, you don't have to see it as a player, but every server admin will notice most disadvantages of Jay anyway, because admins usually try to populate their servers what Jaymod makes impossible to do nowadays
    Last edited by Dragonji; 25-04-2012 at 21:44.

Clanpage || --------------------------------------------------------------------- || sKy.eSports Clan

Replies
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Xfire
    negerpiet
    Clan
    .WAR|
    Goes both way around.. people playing on my silent mod servers say jaymod hitboxes are to big..u shoot anywhere and u hit.. and people playing on my jaymod servers say they can't hit with smaller hitboxes or hitboxes are different..

If you have suggestions on what improvement u would like to see in hitboxes, feel free to share it on mygamingtalk and developers will look into it.
    It's not about the size of the hitboxes, but more about the feeling. I get between 48/55 acc on Silent most of the time (with mp40/thompson), same counts for Jaymod. But with Silent I have the feeling that I didn't shoot well. Jaymod feels more fluent when you switch really fast from target to target, or make a 180, when I do this with Silent I get the feeling that I just shoot right through them.

I also had a test server running for a while with silent and some of the members said that they feel somekind of delay compared to Jaymod.

@Dragon: Could you tell me the differences between administrating silent and jaymod? From my experience installing silent was way easier than jaymod, but so far I don't see any reason to switch to silent, although they have really cool features like: guidsytem and the mapvote mode, but I can live without that.
    Last edited by Ruben0s; 26-04-2012 at 19:56.

Replies
    Country
    Poland
    Xfire
    dragonji
    Steam
    dragonji
    Clan
    sKy-e
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben0s View Post
    @Dragon: Could you tell me the differences between administrating silent and jaymod? From my experience installing silent was way easier than jaymod, but so far I don't see any reason to switch to silent, although they have really cool features like: guidsytem and the mapvote mode, but I can live without that.
    And the most important one: Lua support.

Clanpage || --------------------------------------------------------------------- || sKy.eSports Clan

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast