Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Spamming the boards! [DIABOLIK]$mart's Avatar
    Replies
    Clan
    [DIABOLIK]
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    a new tracker which can connect to a server and fetch additional playerstats.
    Hello, can you explain the difference with the old system ? In the 2 systems, who is the client and who is the server ?
    I mean: in old-system, did you already connect directly to server IP, or did you connect to IDSoftware-masterserver IP ?

Thx in advance
    Last edited by [DIABOLIK]$mart; 22-08-2011 at 15:25.

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    giriel
    Clan
    -TB#
    In the old system there was a connection made with the server but not by a client.
    Enemy Territory provided an additional method to get some basic information if you just "asked" the server for it.

This system does connect to a server for a short time and pretends to be a client and can fetch more detailed information.

Further information is classified

Spamming the boards! [DIABOLIK]$mart's Avatar
    Replies
    Clan
    [DIABOLIK]
    OK, thanks.
    In fact, I have problems on my home server, and watch a new upload bandwitdh stream, even when server is empty, growing to 900 kb/s !!!
    Can I PM you, or I open a new thread ? (here it is for the "formula" - sorry)

In french: je comprends rien, à vide, mon server a un debit d'upload à 900 kbps, alors que par exemple, 1 joueur le fait monter à 10 kbps, 5-6 joueurs = 500 kbps.

Tests done with and without Punkbuster, OmniBots and jaymod 220 and chaos020

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    trackbase
    Steam
    trackbase
    Clan
    tb.
    Quote Originally Posted by [DIABOLIK]$mart View Post
    OK, thanks.
    In fact, I have problems on my home server, and watch a new upload bandwitdh stream, even when server is empty, growing to 900 kb/s !!!
    Can I PM you, or I open a new thread ? (here it is for the "formula" - sorry)

In french: je comprends rien, à vide, mon server a un debit d'upload à 900 kbps, alors que par exemple, 1 joueur le fait monter à 10 kbps, 5-6 joueurs = 500 kbps.

Tests done with and without Punkbuster, OmniBots and jaymod 220 and chaos020
    Please open up a new topic for this, but it's hard to believe this is caused by that ET server, the full TB server uses around 1,1MB/s so

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    giriel
    Clan
    -TB#
    To give this topic another boost:
    Scarhands last suggestion:
    PHP Code:
    ((Damage_Given Time_Played) * (Hits Shots)) + ((Damage_Given Time_Played) * (Headshots Hits)) - (Damage_Received Hits
    Remark made by Paul and myself : don't use the time inside of the formula because afterwards we want to multiply the achieved rate with (3600 / Time_Played) -> 3600 being the maximum time for which rate is given.

It took a while before I could understand your problem with this method Scarhand
    The only difference between our 2 methods is the size of the result.
    There is in no way a change within the accuracy or headshot ratio will occur -> this is because of the usage of a multiplication with the (Damage_Given / Time_Played) factor.

So when the (3600/Time_Played) factor is inserted in your formula but without your Time_Played we get the following:

PHP Code:
    (Damage_Given * (3600 Time_Played) * (Hits Shots)) + (Damage_Given * (3600 Time_Played) * (Headshots Hits)) - ((Damage_Received Hits) * (3600 Time_Played)) 
    (also saw that you didn't add Time_Played at the Damage_Received side but I suppose that was a mistake?)

So this basically comes down to something similar but with a change in magnitude.

A proposition that was made by Paul :
    Instead of punishing the use of heavy weapons, artillery or airstrikes we should increase the reward for using the proclaimed "skillful" weapons.
    But the current formula doesn't really provide a way of doing this besides the (Damage_Received / Hits) factor.

As such we also need to create a list of weapons we want to include in the accuracy and headshot ratio calculation.

WANTED: new opinions (on topic), who knows perhaps providing the ultimate rating formula could give you some advantages
    Last edited by giriel; 22-08-2011 at 23:17.

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    -=PDP=-
    Paul, would it be possible to just check to see if a specific weapon has acc > 100%? Any that does could just not have its hits and shots added, so glitched accs wouldn't be very problematic. What about conditionals for stopping divide by 0s?

Thanks for fixing up my formula giriel, I had forgotten time with Damage Received. I don't see what the 3600 is for, not all maps have that play length, but I guess I am just missing something, I don't know a whole lot about the system.

"we should increase the reward for using the proclaimed "skillful" weapons. "
    Agreed. I had 400 damage with a panzer where I could only get an HP bars worth from smg; even with a 100% hs ratio, the panzer would get a better rate. Even doubling the headshot ratio bonus would leave the panzer with a large advantage, not even including the fact that the panzer is more accurate. There definitely needs to be either a much much larger headshot bonus or giving an alteration to the damage of specific weapons.
    Altering the headshot bonus too much gives emphasis to only getting headshots, even if it means being extremely inaccurate and therefore not even doing much killing, although I guess multiplying it by damage helps with that. If I get time I'll try recording some stats and doing some tests, but I haven't had time in a long time.
    I don't think damage can even be calculated separately for different weapons, and trying to alter it there would be complex and problematic. We will probably have to beef up the headshot ratio area.

Sorry I've forgotten this for a while.

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    z0mbi3slay3r
    if throwing med packs and reviving doesnt count anymore you will get even more rambo medics dont forget that almost every rater plays medic and there arent much medics who dont rate. if it is just about damage given and recived i wont revive anyone tbh

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    -=PDP=-
    Quote Originally Posted by killfreak View Post
    if throwing med packs and reviving doesnt count anymore you will get even more rambo medics dont forget that almost every rater plays medic and there arent much medics who dont rate. if it is just about damage given and recived i wont revive anyone tbh
    My idea is to have two seperate ratings. One xp based, and one frag based. I gave reasons on my first post of this thread on why each is good and bad. The system is going to run a dual rating system anyway, and I think it would be best to keep it that way.

I hope people remember though that this is a team-objective game. Even if you had a high frag rating, you might not be able to stay in a scrim team. I think there needs to be more tournaments between scrim teams in ET to emphasize teamwork. Friendly clan scrims go on, but there needs to be more large tournaments full of skilled players, if someone could organize them. What if trackbase hosted some sort of tournament?

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Clan
    [SLUT]
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarhand View Post
    What if trackbase hosted some sort of tournament?
    If there's enough interest, that would be cool - yea

Replies
    Country
    New Zealand
    Clan
    Pro*
    Yes indeed , there will be 2 different trackers system , the one we have actually will remains the same , maybe some stuff could be changed .
    and the new one we are trying to do. Both will have their own system and will be independent.

We decided to do it that way because not all ppl are interested to get ranked based on frags/damages.
    About tournaments we are thinking about that since TB started and that could be possible ,but it requires a good organisation.
    Once new tracking system will be running , we should start to work on tournament, dont know we need to talk about that.

but in the meantime let's focus on the formula
    If you dont see many post about TB team on this thread , it doesn't mean we are waiting , we have a private thread .
    Last edited by Spl@$h~; 25-08-2011 at 12:01.
    Not part of trackbase team anymore.
    Please do not report/contact me anymore about trackbase issues.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast