Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Xfire
    Neyon
    Hmm I pretty much quit ET due to an imperfect rating system (along with a lack of good populated servers). I'm glad this is being discussed.

I havn't read the entire thread, but isn't there also the problem with accuracy that it often bugs with weapons such as the m97 & poison?

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    -=PDP=-
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon View Post
    Hmm I pretty much quit ET due to an imperfect rating system (along with a lack of good populated servers). I'm glad this is being discussed.

I havn't read the entire thread, but isn't there also the problem with accuracy that it often bugs with weapons such as the m97 & poison?
    It also bugs bad with shotguns (ive seen 10,000 acc before), shotgun hits and shots should not be included, but if someone only uses shotgun it will be hard to calculate their rate, this obviously needs worked on.
    I remember seeing you high on the list, but you shouldn't quit because of rating systems. I don't play for rate, and this is one of my favorite games of all time. There is a lot more fun things than rating. Also, don't be afraid to contribute; what was wrong with the old rating system and what would you have changed?

Quote Originally Posted by giriel View Post
    Hmm i dont really like that idea. Then the rating will be influenced by the amount of playtime. It would also require plenty of changes. Dont think that is completely what we want . Perhaps paul could shed some light upon the matter.
    It is influenced by playtime, but that is because it shouldn't be points and ppm, just a solid rate. If time was not split like I had it, it would mess up headshot and accuracy. I showed a stats example of a low playtime and calculated rate, ill do another one with long play time and see if they are far off if you want. I can't think of anything I want to change right now, but if you have ideas, go ahead.

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    kr1sjeuh
    Clan
    not all active (good) raters have skill.

Paul, i'd love the new system, punish the rambo's / xp-whores ! :-)

Maybe you can make something like

*begin* - *max xp count of 4(just a random) medic / ammo packs for like 30(just a random number) sec* - after that it will count again, for again max 4(just a random number) packs. ONLY for dropping packs, revive, or fixing things is not whoring imho, its just your job depends of what your class is. But the other side is maybe that ppl only give max 4 (just a random number) packs.. but 4 packs is alot health + ammo i think ?

Replies
    Country
    France
    Xfire
    dav4ndal
    Clan
    *dA
    I think better keep it like that... i mean xp per minute.... now you want make new rate system and penalize also objective players who cares about rate. Maybe i didn't understand all the new system... i dont know .

You just have in my opinion to explain what whoring is, make video if needed. Say that it's not allowed and disable rating when big proove are here.

Regards.
    Leader of the Deadly Aces Community

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    am21
    Clan
    Pro*
    :edited:...
    Last edited by nrgy21; 16-08-2011 at 11:13.

Replies
    Country
    New Zealand
    Clan
    Pro*
    Please , dont go off topic , we decided to make that formula thread public to get suggestions about it .
    If you wanna talk on how its gonna change or something else feel free to open a new thread , but dont start endless discussion on this one .
    Useless post will be removed to keep this thread clean.
    thanks .
    Not part of trackbase team anymore.
    Please do not report/contact me anymore about trackbase issues.

Replies
    Country
    India
    Xfire
    deadplay
    hey till when this system will be taken into effect

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    giriel
    Clan
    -TB#
    The system will be operational when we have solved some last issues, have changed the layout so this can be integrated, have a number of servers that want to cooperate with this and when we have a good rating formula ofcourse

I haven't had any new idea's but decided to make an application to ease the pain of testing a formula.

rateCalculator

There is a readme and for additional questions you can always PM me (to keep this topic clean).
    If you dont want to include certain variables place 0 in all fields.

I have tried your formula Scarhand and it gave way better results then mine !

Do you have any suggestions on the fact that heavy weapons do have a great advantages over other players (high damage_given, low damage_received, high hits)?

For others: The old system will stay active (see first post I think) this is just a formula for a new method that will co-exist with the old one.
    Last edited by giriel; 18-08-2011 at 21:11. Reason: Added some additional information

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    trackbase
    Steam
    trackbase
    Clan
    tb.
    You shouldn't include the maptime somewhere in those calculations, a rate is being calculated whereafter it's multiplied by 3600/maptime(seconds)

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    -=PDP=-
    Just tried checking damage given really quick by headshots on a player and panzering a player. I got their HP in damage with smg, and at most 400 damage from the panzer! Heavy weapons do significantly more, hadn't realized this, thought it would only do their HP bar in damage, and panzers rarely miss too. Mortars probably do the same thing and you receive hardly any damage (not saying that it doesn't take skill to use a mortar). Perhaps the headshot ratio bonus needs strengthened? Still wondering what to do about glitch weapon accuracies too; there should be a 100% acc cap of course, but it still messes up the rating bad, and I'm wondering if some weapons should even be counted at all? I'll download that rate calculator when I have the time to try it.

@Paul, if you factor in maptime after calculating the rate, it means you are applying map length to all formula values, including ones that shouldn't, such as headshot ratio and accuracy. If those values diminish by a factor of your playtime, you are essentially making it so playing longer makes you do worse. That isn't good. If the system can't handle applying session length to only certain values, then it would make frag rating extremely difficult to calculate accurately.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast