Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast
    Spamming the boards! testforecho's Avatar
    Replies
    Quote Originally Posted by giriel View Post
    Well I am biased in that matter since I find adrenaline a nuisance.
    So I would like to "punish" it's usage by for example multiplying that factor 8 with (#adren shots / (playtime*0.5)) because then you surely are abusing that, playtime in minutes then. (a minimum of 1 is required, don't want to go below 8).
    As such you still can use adrenaline without a problem, only not too often.
    hehe, didn't know you can count adren shots, but take into account that in some servers with fast charge almost all fights are with adrenaline, so it's more a feature than an advantage there.

It's obvious that a player who gives more hs has an advantage with adren. Since all bodyshots make half the damage, who gives more hs makes damage proportionally faster (in comparison with the average players) in servers with adre on, than in servers with adre off

And he can also kill more easily, since if you give damage faster, well, you finish your enemy faster. So removing damage, to leave only kills, won't make a change either, adren servers would still give an advantage to people who make more hs

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    -=PDP=-
    For servers who do enable adren and who also enable the health effect for it, it could mess up the hit based calculations. However, the solution is not punishing the adren users, who are giving the other players the advantage of more hits. I think you are being biased toward it. We can't change the rating to account for adren because that only adds bias toward servers with it enabled, and we don't want to have some servers better for rating than others. Don't add it to the formula, or we will see more raters playing on specific servers than before. I don't really see any way to fix it other than damage-based calculations, and that is if it truly halves damage given when attacking that player.

Since giriel said he can start using individual weapons, maybe we could make damage-based calculations work. Say all light weapons use their damage. Then hvy or glitched-damaged weapons can be like kills*115 to decide their damage (115 being the lowest full-HP level possible). Of course the only problem with that is that you get full damage for a kill steal with them, but at least you are only getting a full HP bar of damage rather than thousands with a panzer. It wont count partial damage for them or full damage if there are high medic numbers, but hopefully that will counteract the full damage from wounded players; I don't know if that is safe enough to do though, it seems very unreliable for heavy weapons.

Also hoping for team-based calculations soon.
    Last edited by Scarhand; 27-01-2012 at 22:02.

Replies
    Xfire
    tjimboo
    Clan
    Deathrowinmates
    people who make more hs = skill

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    giriel
    Clan
    -TB#
    Forgot about adren not being in the list -_-

We're working on that team based part but haven't yet found the perfect solution just yet.
    It's a very delicate matter.

Replies
    Quote Originally Posted by relic View Post
    people who make more hs = skill
    obvious, but if you read my post I was more concerned with the fact that these players would have a bigger advantage on adre servers if compared with standard servers, and everyone would rate there

I was talking more about the unbalance between adren/non adren servers

edit:
    btw, who kills the enemy has skill, aka giving damage, if someone makes lots of hs but has 20 accuracy he sux.

@scarhand:
    never heard of adren without health effect, what do you mean? It has always reduced damage, unless you are talking about some mod I don't know

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    -=PDP=-
    Every server that uses adren that I play on had it set to give unlimited stamina, but not effect on health. I pretty much just play NoQuarter, so maybe it is a NQ only setting. I would hate the health effect, but with just stamina, adren isn't bad.

Replies
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarhand View Post
    Every server that uses adren that I play on had it set to give unlimited stamina, but not effect on health. I pretty much just play NoQuarter, so maybe it is a NQ only setting. I would hate the health effect, but with just stamina, adren isn't bad.
    ok, I am more familiar with etpro and a bit jaymod, if you say it can be disabled I believe you

Replies
    Country
    Australia
    Xfire
    jemxs
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198053307056/
    Clan
    |*BS*|BloodSquadClan
    This may fall under the same answer as for dren servers, but I was wondering if there is any consideration for FF servers, obviously those who play on FF servers hav to be more cautious than the free for all that occurs on servers with FF turned off!! Not a major concern, just a thought

Jem

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    m1lkzz
    Clan
    .$k@
    Can you make an update in the first post about where we are standing right now with the new formula?
    Because reading all these posts gets confusing. And I want to know which formula is used right now .

Replies
    Xfire
    soldierforhire
    Steam
    bartmen
    couldnt find it reading quickly through 14 pages, but is there a way to calculate in the rating who you killed (as it was in the old etpub ratingsystem) like if you kill a person with a higher rate then you you get extra rate and if you kill one with lower rate it's like it is now.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast