Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    Spamming the boards! testforecho's Avatar
    Replies
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage View Post
    Anyway, speaking of engineer XP. Don't you think that could be used for whoring too
    sure, actually anything could be whoring, you could even play in a server with friends and kill them to get xp for frags, no system is 'whoring-proof'
    I'm not sure about what you think is the best way then, we say frags and you say it is bad, we say xp and you say whoring... I'm a bit confused...

About rambos, what do you find on average non-etpro servers?
    - raters
    - players who play for fun/to kill some time
    - players who play for other things than objectives (testing mouse setup, playing for acc/training/damage/whatever, trying to find and kill that player who just insulted them, you name it )
    - players who think they play for obj, but they are actually not helping their teams because they don't know how to play for obj.
    - players who play for obj and they know how to do it, but wait, obj without stopwatch makes no sense so...

According to you nobody would care anymore about revives, etc. because of Trackbase. Is it realistic? I will keep reviving as usual, and as usual I won't give ammo or packs to people if they can selfkill or if they are going to die in 1 sec anyway.

but, enough blabbering , do /weaponstats and see the kind of stats you can read from the game, then (taken into account that damage in jaymod is bugged and cannot be used) please suggest a way to calculate a score.

Replies
    Country
    Finland
    Clan
    =F|A=
    I highly doubt that a new rating system will affect the gameplay on servers in any way. First of all I think it's like 1/3 of jaymod players that are aware of this site and the rating system, rest are just playing for fun and don't know about things like whoring and rating.

Talking about helping your team, teamplay on jaymod sucks nowadays anyway and has always sucked, it's like 1/10 chance that you will get revived on jaymod, I personally just tapout instantly when I get killed on jaymod because it'll take more time from someone to revive you than run from the spawn to the same exact place. I don't know if it's because people don't care about their team or do they just suck too hard to revive. I personally do revive my teammates on jaymod when it's needed (depends on the respawn time and the situation) and I have played for rating, I know how the system works and it doesn't make me a rambo medic who doesn't revive anyone. Rambo medics will always exist no matter if there is a k/d based rating system or no rating system at all, people enjoy playing for themselves, trying to frag the whole team alone and get called pro, hacker and stuff.

In my opinion this new rating system could only enhance the teamplay on public servers. I mean it's useless to whore then and people will help with the obj a lot more than by just standing in the spawn handing out ammos even when they're just running around killing, they are atleast doing something then.

In my opinion it's funny when people on jaymod are raging at their team trying to get them help with the obj and there is like 2 guys on a 30 man team who agree with playing for the obj. I personally don't see any point in playing for obj on jaymod, ETPro is for competitive gaming and jaymod for fun and a new rating system won't change this. Just go to ETPro if you like to play for obj seriously as a team, you can't rambo there...

Replies
    Xfire
    p4rtytim3
    Clan
    imp~
    wow sounds great , great work to all who were part of this ! i dont really care about rating anymore , but i am going to try the new tracker for sure ! do whatever you guys think its best , i just came here to say thanks to you guys for doing such great work
    Time isn't wasted, if you gettin wasted

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    leaderplop
    Quote Originally Posted by testforecho View Post
    taken into account that damage in jaymod is bugged and cannot be used
    What do you mean?
    Never noticed it before.

@ Paul: Can't wait to see new Rate system go online!

Replies
    Country
    Austria
    Xfire
    terrort0m
    Clan
    Terricific Dream Team
    @HellfiG: This bug only occurs when you analyize player stats. It seems it will always count full damage with heavy weapons even if the enemy had less hp.

Quote Originally Posted by testforecho View Post

[...] The problem is, on etpro (and I think most mods) if I have 1 hp and someone hits me with a panzerfaust, he gets 1hp damage given, on jaymod I think not, so damage on jaymod is *not* reliable, or heavy weapons users would get tons of points. [...]

Replies
    Country
    France
    Xfire
    woodlefuret
    Nice giriel and testforecho.

hello i think i found some bug

http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mo...o&idx=30462709

Kills death
    1597 840

i believe error is very good player but this is kinda impossible

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    giriel
    Clan
    -TB#
    That is already an old session.
    The problem is already resolved.

Replies
    Steam
    mirrorrrr
    cool stuff finaly we waited since 2006 this k/d @
    now we can see who is good in shootin and whos is good in throwing packs loloolo

Replies
    Country
    Finland
    Xfire
    theonni
    Steam
    theonni
    K/D rating system sounds good, but as somebody already mentioned, friends can just go to a empty server and let the other guy just raise his K/D. I'm a little worried about that :/

Maybe you can set up some kind of limit like min. 5 vs 5 to get K/D?
    Last edited by Onni:]; 11-11-2011 at 07:21.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast