Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Clan
    [SLUT]

Brinkesque - your call on Brink

Hey there gamers of all sorts !

In a wave of curiosity, I'm wondering what you guys think of Brink.
    Even if you don't have the game, what's your opinion about the hype?

Personally I find the graphics rather poor compared to other PS3 titles (as I own it on ps3), but it can be quite amusing to play the game from time to time.
    Not addicted to it, but it's refreshing.

Share your civilized thoughts here, and let's see where it goes

On a side note: the free Brink DLC will be released August 3rd, with some extra awesome content. Looking forward to that part

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    hellreturn
    Clan
    -TB#
    POS Game.

1. Team balance - Sucks.
    2. Few maps are totally imbalanced.
    3. No good sever monitoring like ET. ET shrubbot and server administration = THE BEST!!
    4. ATI GPU = POS FPS.
    5. Can't change class .i.e. from heavy to slow body in same map. Restricts me to help my team.
    6. Can't max out all perks and I need to create different characters. Again limits me to help my team.

Wasted 50$ on pathetic game. Wouldn't suggest anyone to buy that game. Game has less then 150 players during weekend and during weekdays hard to find 3 full servers.

Players playing that game in itself speak for the game.
    My rating to game: 1/10

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    trackbase
    Steam
    trackbase
    Clan
    tb.
    I've got the game as well and it's nowhere near a sequence of W:ET. It's quite a good game although playing it just feels a bit unnatural/laggy movement (or so?). I play it time to time but I still prefer ET

Replies
    Country
    France
    Xfire
    dav4ndal
    Clan
    *dA
    And what about the solo mod ?
    Leader of the Deadly Aces Community

Replies
    Country
    Sweden
    Xfire
    show91
    I am so surprised to hear all "players" thoughts about this game. I haven't had the chance yet to try it out, and not sure if I will. Before it was released I was amazed by it, all things they said and all the concepts etc.

But now, when the game is released and I hear all of you (not just this thread ofc) I think I won't even try it.
    Cheers, Shownie

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    hellreturn
    Clan
    -TB#
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    And what about the solo mod ?
    Sorry man never played that. Never played solo mod of any game.. i get bored playing against PC.

@Shownie - Yes idea is nice of the game but game play goes imbalance way often and eventually out 10 maps, 7-8 maps will be dominated by one team. On the contrary, I love BC2 and BF3 seems to have nice feeling.

Brink ain't even worth 15$. For 10$, it's good. No matter what Brink fanboi says, game population speak for itself. Game is pretty much dead in first few months of release. In my timezone (EST Night) i see less then 50 players online..

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Clan
    [SLUT]
    True enough, I haven't had a full server ever since I bought the game (without bots I mean).
    I guess I like the game, because I don't really play it that much
    But it sure ain't a follow up to ET, indeed

@ Paul: Yea, that laggy feeling, I have it too. It feels so weird, the frame rate is pretty messed up

@ manu: the solo or campaign mode is scrambled eggs. It has no continuity at all, it's like you're playing ET alone with bots and try to win the map(s).
    Though, I do like the fact that your customized character appears in the cutscenes, but that's not worth the 50 euro's at all

@ shownie: you can try it ... at a friends house xD Meh, maybe you like it eh, it depends on what you expect. Maybe your hopes are so low now, that when you see it, you'll say: hmm it's not really thaaaat bad

The maps look nice and have a good atmosphere, but the skyboxes look like cardboard - like in the good old ps1 days
    But meh, still gonna download the free DLC - they owe me this

Replies
    Country
    France
    Xfire
    dav4ndal
    Clan
    *dA
    thx Shagileo, so i wont buy it, i was suspicious on it because a lot of used brink in store (i do like buy used game it's interesting ).
    Leader of the Deadly Aces Community

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Clan
    [SLUT]
    Let's put it this way: at this time it's not worth the price, but if they're SMART (oh the irony), they'll have to reduce the price now, before it's too late

Replies
    Country
    Sweden
    Xfire
    show91
    @ Shagileo: I come by on Saturday, that's ok?
    Cheers, Shownie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast