[OFFICIAL W:ET] Discussion new rating method

Hello raters, players and all other people which I forget,

After all the problems that have been coming up we decided to retry to make it possible to do better tracking.
    Weeks have gone over with developing a new tracker which can connect to a server and fetch additional playerstats.
    We are currently still testing this new system, but it is almost ready for a full-scale test. With this new system we're able to read out the following (extra) data:
    Weapon (total) stats => HITS, SHOTS, KILLS, DEATHS & HEADSHOTS
    XP => Per skill: Battle sense, light weapons, heavy weapons, medic, engineer, field ops, covert ops & soldier
    Damage => Damage given, Damage received & Team damage

Since we like our community so much, we decided to take this to a public discussion. What needs to be discussed is which value will replace the "XP", in this discussion it's NOT needed to take factors as how many + or - rate and map length etc. Just talk about the new "total point value" for a map.

The old system will NOT stop running, but this new system will run at the same time, making a double ranking for the time being.

Any questions? Fire ahead!

Kind Regards,

The Trackbase Team

How interesting! I only just now found that thread, sorry. Usually, I browse the main community forums regularily, but lately has been a bit busy.
    I'd like to bring the bayesian skill rating into discussion, that will be featured in the next Legacy release (2.76).
    https://dev.etlegacy.com/projects/et...n_skill_rating

Maybe that would be something of interest for you as well?

Replies
    Country
    Germany
    Xfire
    dssjonny
    Steam
    dssjonny
    Discord
    JoNny#4432
    Clan
    -TB#
    I was thinking of some improvements to TSP since quite some time.
    They will be presented to Paul and together we will decide upon a future version of TSP.

/JoNny