Steam
    dssjonny
    Discord
    JoNny#4432
    Clan
    -TB#

Lightbulb [NEW] Maps Rating on TrackBase

Hello guys,

as announced on our social media channels we have a new thing to introduce to you today.
    I hope you had an awesome week by the way.

Before today you (especially the server admins) had to check the whole maplist for a new & interesting map you'd like to play (or have on your server). This should change. With the help of our awesome community (that's you and me ) we want to rate all the maps there are on TrackBase. You can rate a map as good, normal or bad. This way we can build up a rating list just for maps. And that gives you an easier overview of the maps that are loved by all of us or the ones you shouldn't put on your serer

You can rate a map once and you can't edit your vote. So please don't rate a map by its name but if you really liked it or not.
    The top three will be displayed on the maplist page. We are going to add an option that let's you order by most games and by rating in the coming weeks. Also we're going to add this new feature for Farcry and COD4, as it only works for the ET subdomain right now.

I'd appreciate if you guys take some time and rate, let's say your 5 most loved maps, and help us out with the rating. Because the rating list is based on your opinion!

Thanks in advance.
    And hopefully you'll like this new feature! I'd be happy to answer some feedback.

The Trackbase Team.

Replies
    Country
    Slovakia
    Steam
    Pistolero Santana; WuTangH
    Discord
    WuTangH#7270
    I've voted on two maps. It says "We received your vote. Unfortunately something went wrong while processing it. Please try again later.", but my vote is accepted.

Replies
    Country
    Germany
    Xfire
    dssjonny
    Steam
    dssjonny
    Discord
    JoNny#4432
    Clan
    -TB#
    Hey WuTang,

thanks for voting!
    I checked that and fixed this tiny issue. Now you should receive a nice message upon vote submission.

/JoNny

Replies
    Country
    Finland
    Voted for 4 maps, everything worked just fine.

Replies
    Country
    Australia
    Xfire
    jemxs
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198053307056/
    Clan
    |*BS*|BloodSquadClan
    Great work, nice feature!

Replies
    Country
    Germany
    Xfire
    dssjonny
    Steam
    dssjonny
    Discord
    JoNny#4432
    Clan
    -TB#
    Thanks for voting so far, guys! Keep up the good work
    As of now, luppak0rva has voted the most. As a little motivation, I'm giving you 20 TB Points for your effort so far

P.S.: The more you guys vote, the more points I will donate

/JoNny

Replies
    Country
    Germany
    Xfire
    dssjonny
    Steam
    dssjonny
    Discord
    JoNny#4432
    Clan
    -TB#
    Small update: You can see the voting percentage also now on the maplist page.
    Also this feature has been added to Farcry and COD4. Make sure to add more votes, I'll keep an eye out on the top voters

TODO: Give the chance to order by most servers / most games / highest rating.

/JoNny

Replies
    Country
    Poland
    Xfire
    dragonji
    Steam
    dragonji
    Clan
    sKy-e
    Would be nicer if it was stars based, with 1-5 range, so I have 5 options to choose from. Good/normal/bad is way too simple and restrictive. If I kind of like map A but feel like I like it less than map B but still more than map C, I cannot really rate it as there's no option between B and C. Splatterladder did it best IMO.

Clanpage || --------------------------------------------------------------------- || sKy.eSports Clan

Replies
    Country
    Poland
    Xfire
    dragonji
    Steam
    dragonji
    Clan
    sKy-e
    Well, looks like you don't want to make map rating system any effective

Clanpage || --------------------------------------------------------------------- || sKy.eSports Clan

Replies
    Country
    Germany
    Xfire
    dssjonny
    Steam
    dssjonny
    Discord
    JoNny#4432
    Clan
    -TB#
    Actually I was thinking of it quite much and was talking with other admins about this as well.
    We came to the idea it would be a good idea to change it afterwards to a point system. Yet that requires some work in the backend which requires a maintenance first. We are going to change it to make it better but Paul and I didn't have the time to bring the changes live yet.

I'll keep you updated though.

/JoNny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast