Bulgaria
    Xfire
    qtdeen
    Steam
    Clan
    CharlesSedOB

Question Rate system, how it works?

Hi All,

I would like that someone to explain to me, how exactly work's the rating system in farcry, because I really can't understand the formula of calculation!

Folling this explanation: TB rating system
    The rating system is nothing more than a little bit more advanced ELO System, this means to get exactly +0.00 you are expected to do an x amount better than others based on your rating.

In the following example we take the following averages and expected results:
    Average rating: 10, your rating: 20
    Average ppm: 15, your ppm: 20

You must get at least (your rating / average rating ) * average ppm, in this case that would mean (20/10)*15 = 30 PPM. If you get lower than this average (in this case 20) you will get minus, if you would have got more than 30 ppm you would have gotten a positive rating for the round.
    Example: Take the player "LM [MFA]"

Then we have:
    * Rating = 14.6412
    * Average Rating = 5.6
    * Average ppm = 1.33

So... The formula should be like this: (14.6412 / 5.6) * 1.33 = +3.477285;
    But there we have: +1.46? How?

An other questions are...
    1) How many real players need to have on the server game to compute the rate points?
    2) Is there any differences about the way to compute de rate on the game mode "assault/ffa/tdm" ?
    3) And finaly "offtopic", Is there any way to make a direct seach for the players on TB website "by name"?
    Ex.: http://farcry.trackbase.net/?mod=search&suser=LM%20%[MFA]
    Thx in advance!!!
    Last edited by qtdeen; 16-11-2014 at 16:27.