Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rate and tsp

Replies

rate and tsp

what is tsp?
    what is rate?
    whats the difference?
    how are they calculated per map?
    what are the rules for determining if a match will be rated or not?
    how does each players score per map effect their rate and tsp in that server and globally?
    how long before a new name accurately reflects an old players actual rate and tsp?
    how does time spent not playing effect global rate and tsp statistics?

a worded explanation would be nice
    but i should be able to decode
    just the mathematical formulas themselves

Replies
    maybe its classified...

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    xxx
    ur workin with nothin here. try another game..

Replies
    Country
    Germany
    Xfire
    dssjonny
    Steam
    dssjonny
    Discord
    JoNny#4432
    Clan
    -TB#
    Quote Originally Posted by kingping View Post
    what is tsp?
    what is rate?
    whats the difference?
    how are they calculated per map?
    what are the rules for determining if a match will be rated or not?
    how does each players score per map effect their rate and tsp in that server and globally?
    how long before a new name accurately reflects an old players actual rate and tsp?
    how does time spent not playing effect global rate and tsp statistics?

a worded explanation would be nice
    but i should be able to decode
    just the mathematical formulas themselves
    Rate (Rating) is a number that shows how "good" the player is. At least it should do that. However, players can lock sessions, so maps they have played will not count into their rating. As I might remember correctly, 35 or 36 was quite the highest rating here on Trackbase so far.

TSP (=TrackbaseSkillPoints) is another rating system not only based on the XP the user gains whilst playing a map but also tracks revives, engineer performance and so on. It was developed to show the "real" rating of a player because just standing at the own spawn, throwing ammo packs and getting XP for it (so therefore receiving better PPM - points per minute - and maybe a higher rate), doesn't really make a good player (same for stealing clothes as a covert ops).

So the difference should now be clear. Don't hesitate to reply and ask more if not.

Calculation - XP Points are counted and divided by the playing time (map time). This gives you the PPM (points per minute). Then we simply use this formula
    (your rating / average rating) * average ppm
    and if you're higher than that, your session will result in a higher rating for you, if the same as calculated, you won't be charged anything, if less: your rating will decrease.

Rated or Not? - There are quite a lot. For example if the server is known as a server which allows players to cheat, we can disable rating for this server. Sometimes (for example on sniper maps), we do not allow rating as well (so it's map-based). The map time can be too less (like 2 minutes only). Or there might have been too less real players and / or too many bots playing that map. You also need to make sure to play at least 2 third (2/3) of the map (e.g. 20minutes out of 30 map time) to let it rate. All rules are made independently. If one rule is not fulfilled, your session will not be ranked.

I hope you mean the transfer thing.

Transfer a rating - A player might think to change his old name and use a new one. However the old one will not be used anymore and is detected by TrackBase as inactiv. Therefore the rating drops after 3 days of inactivity (this means rate inactivity, so you need to rate every 3 days to keep your rating un-influenced of inactivity-drops). However, that might've been a player that just assigned clan tags to his name. Therefore we allow the player to transfer his rating from the old name to the new name. It's usually 100% of transfered rating, but can be 5% less for some reasons. Read more and apply for transfers here.

Guess that's all questions answered. Some more questions might've been answered in a single block.
    If there are more questions, please let us know.

/JoNny

Replies
    cheers and thank you for the detailed reply it was very helpful

i was most curious about how rate builds for a new player without a transfer
    but i can infer that information now that i know how rate gets calculated

i have more questions tho... is rating on a new map enabled by default?
    if so can you link to the maps blacklist [or if not then the whitelist]?
    can you give the formula for determining if bots void a sessions rating?
    how can i tell if a server has been blacklisted for allowing cheats?
    Last edited by kingping; 2-09-2014 at 05:00.

Replies
    Country
    Germany
    Xfire
    dssjonny
    Steam
    dssjonny
    Discord
    JoNny#4432
    Clan
    -TB#
    cheers and thank you for the detailed reply it was very helpful

i was most curious about how rate builds for a new player without a transfer
    but i can infer that information now that i know how rate gets calculated

i have more questions tho... is rating on a new map enabled by default?
    if so can you link to the maps blacklist [or if not then the whitelist]?
    can you give the formula for determining if bots void a sessions rating?
    how can i tell if a server has been blacklisted for allowing cheats?
    New map's rating is disabled by default

Whitelist: There's no specific list for it. But you can see on each map on the top right if rating is activated or not.

Bots should not play when the number of players is lower than 7. If greater than 7, map should be ranked.

Server blacklisted are marked on the very top of a serverinfo page. You will see a red message showing the reasons for the disabled rating on that server.

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    detoren
    Clan
    *da
    And how come if i dont play for a week my rate drops few point and

http://et.trackbase.net/player/1738231/

dont ?
    Not that i care but just noticed.

Replies
    Country
    Germany
    Xfire
    dssjonny
    Steam
    dssjonny
    Discord
    JoNny#4432
    Clan
    -TB#
    Quote Originally Posted by detoren View Post
    And how come if i dont play for a week my rate drops few point and

http://et.trackbase.net/player/1738231/

dont ?
    Not that i care but just noticed.
    We had this question so many times already...

What is the IA-Lock**
    IA-Lock. If you are a premium member you can enable the inactivity lock. As soon as you enable this, you will DISAPPEAR from rankings and your rating WILL NOT COUNT in your clan average. Your rating will not go down however if you do not play for a week, you can use this if you go on vacation or similiar situations.
    You can becoma premium member this way: http://cms.trackbase.net/?mod=shop

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    detoren
    Clan
    *da
    Ah its about money than i wont talk about it anymoore .

Replies
    Country
    Germany
    Xfire
    dssjonny
    Steam
    dssjonny
    Discord
    JoNny#4432
    Clan
    -TB#
    Not only. We also thought of the so many users here that do not have the money or possiblity to donate and therefore become a premium member. But still you can. As the page (the link I posted 1 reply back) says, you can support us and thus the community with filling in content like map pictures, etc. With that you will get a benefit of some points per contribution. Then, when you earned enough points, you can activate a premium membership here on Trackbase. That's all money-less billing and really cool for guys that don't want to spend some money or that simply cannot.

/JoNny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast