Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom

Exclamation What make a gr8 server??

Hey guys i would like some tips and the like on servers? Im about to make one for my clan but im in two mids weather or not to waste my time and money??

There are many many servers and some of them very good but always dead?? and i cant figure out why?

The ones tht are always full are the likes of =F|A= And Teamturkfrance and franceclan [WOOD]

I take it to be succesfull it must be a 50 slot sever with good rate/xp settings??

Any help/info/tips would be very welcome, after all i want to make a gr8 one for my clan/ everyone else to come to so it may be in some other peoples interest to help, specially all this little owner clans with out servers

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    hellreturn
    Clan
    -TB#
    They are not the only ones. There are many more! Ex. Kernwaffe, HBC (Etpro), etc.

There is nothing like good rate/xp settings. It's this so called new generation which gives too much importance about rating. When I used to play back in old days, rating was for fun and not much of an issue. Now a days, 60% appx (IMO) plays for rating.

Here is our another server which is also popular.

http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mo...erinfo&idx=104

FF On / No Adren / Single Jump / PB On / PBBans streaming / 26 slots / 20 - 25 Maps

Every player has it's own choice of server. Make the server as you like and you will have start having players. Keep the PB and PBBans streaming on to take care of cheaters or without it, it will be cheat fest server.

Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    What you need is patience! Every server no matter how large or small takes time to become popular. You need to discuss with your members what kind of server settings/mods etc you like and there you can start building your server. Everyone has their own different needs and somehow you got to put that together and make it fun. As you are in a clan and have members it will helpful if they are active on your server. Im from the UK and i started my adventure in Oct 2009 with just 1 server and just me myself and I, probably after some month my server started picking up with some regulars. After a year on i got more than 10 active clan/admins members and alot of server regulars and increased to 4 servers (different ET mods).
    My servers are active but not popular, but im not bothered im here to have some fun. If it become popular than ill be a very happy server owner.
    Everything else what daredevil said is true. ET came out in 2003 so its been a very long time but its never too late to start.

http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mo...rinfo&idx=3989 ( main server NQ )

http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mo...rinfo&idx=3897 ( etpub )

http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mo...rinfo&idx=3902 ( nitmod )

http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mo...rinfo&idx=4007 ( Jaymod )

My server which i have put above, im not advertising here btw.

epsi
    - no adre
    - no dj
    - SK allowed
    - no or at least limited panza, flamethrower, mortar, limited arty
    - mature member / admins (!!) - dont give normal member / trail members too much power and take a look at their behaviour. Very very important imo
    - good server hoster so guests dont have too much lags
    - 2.55+ so 2.55, 2.56, 2.60 & 2.60b can connect
    - fast level (weapon skills etc.)
    - not too much to download (!!) -> less skin- / soundpacks, "basic" maps so maps like Oasis, but also "known" custom maps like grush, Baserace etc.
    - PB (maybe also PB stream) ON, otherwise you will not get many ppl. playing on ure server

so long....

E: 36 slots max. imo - many many maps are unplayable otherwise -> only nade spam etc.
    E2: I would go for NQ :>
    Last edited by epsi; 20-12-2010 at 21:00.

Spamming the boards! ETc|#.Jay.#'s Avatar
    Replies
    Country
    Germany
    Xfire
    Discord
    ETc|₪.Jay.₪#4322
    Clan
    ETc|Clan
    making a new popular server is very difficult. 5 Years ago it was easy. And most of the popular servers existing since some years.
    I prefer adre, jaymod, 50slot, wolfrof 0, good soundpack, not only standartmaps, and ofc no omnibot bullshit.
    Anyway i wish you good luck.
    11 kills 88deaths = 0 skill

Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thankyou guys for all the help, got alot to think bout lol.

Was thinking small yet fun sound pack nothin ott, i love the lady headshot sound but dont think people like it
    40slots
    dj coz its fun
    no adre i used to use it but gone off it big time.

But i'll post here once its done maybe some guys could come look

Thanks again for help

Replies
    Country
    Poland
    Xfire
    dragonji
    Steam
    dragonji
    Clan
    sKy-e
    In these times it's impossible to make a new popular ET server... The most popular servers exist few years I've seen only one server opened in 2010 which has some players not omni-bots... Ripjaw, just a tip, don't install shit omni-bots. Organise some regular players for your server (e.g. clan members) and show all ET communities that somebody cares about the server, I am sure you'll get few new players after some weeks.

Clanpage || --------------------------------------------------------------------- || sKy.eSports Clan

Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Yeah was'nt planing on puttin bots on, was gonna do like you said and jst get all members to play and hope for the best

ET Needs more servers, cant see the game die ;''(

Replies
    et need more jaymod server with slow shooting and no adre + mutliversion (playing from every version). Anyway i would agree wiht epis but no nq, jaymod would better imo

Replies
    just like the old .$k@ server whcih was on of the best servers...or the old pro* server.. both jaymod only that pro* server got fast shooting, but none hadnt adre.. those seettings are good

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast