Thread: Downtime?

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Clan
    [UJE]

Downtime?

Again, i (we);have experienced downtime from TB.

Another attack? bad server? I don't care?

Will this 'copy' project last, and just to make sure,
    Whoever told a known clan, that SL will shut down in december and people should sign up to this site?

Asked the clan in question about that in the past and i got the standard answer" i have my resources"

Given the importance of a website like this and SL, for the non competition side of ET,
    it would be appreciated to give some straight answers concerning this subject.

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    trackbase
    Steam
    trackbase
    Clan
    tb.
    To be honest I'm getting totally sick of it. There are some possible 'could-be-this' ideas about what causes it. After yesterday I updated the core agáin and I've put out the last possible-warnings and logging all to disk now.

There isn't much more to say about this, I just pray now that this was the last time. I might discovered where the problem is, so I'm going to watch that closely.

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    trackbase
    Steam
    trackbase
    Clan
    tb.
    Seems to be the key, it does not have crashed since I did and watched out for this.

I have updated the mysql maximum connections, which was the reasons that servers got stuck (nextscan -1203 seconds etc...).
    I doubled the maximum connections, so it should not get stuck anymore.

epsi
    Would like to know this also. I remember a user named "exceed" said in a random journal at crossfire.nu, that SL is going down till the end of this year. He said he knows it from some1 who was a admin at SL, that he is his "friend" an that this "friend" started the new project trackbase.

Found the journal (see middle of the journal):

http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=journal&mode=item&id=113287

Exceed is a Member of the Pro* Clan aka "pro*que pasa?".

So more Infos please or was this just bullshit talk?
    Last edited by epsi; 14-12-2010 at 18:42.

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    trackbase
    Steam
    trackbase
    Clan
    tb.
    It wasn't bullshit, at the moment I left they were planning this. If this is still in the planning you should ask to SL itself, as I have no clue about that.

Wasn't this problem about hiding some etpro servers? Anyway, what I directly want to say, if you wish to have some options regarding this I'll check what is possible.

epsi
    okay, thanks for the Info.

I dont care about this DDOS attacks since i dont play ClanBase or ESL. Its just annoying when you watch a good game at gamestv and a random kid attacks the matchserver. But admins from CB / ESL should talk to you if they want their server not tracked by trackbase. tbh it makes no sense at all as SL is still there and doing nothing

Spamming the boards! christmaspwns's Avatar
    Replies
    Country
    Fiji
    Xfire
    christmaspwns
    Clan
    Pro*
    Oh god, they tracked my nick. FUCK
    Last edited by christmaspwns; 14-12-2010 at 19:49.

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    trackbase
    Steam
    trackbase
    Clan
    tb.
    Quote Originally Posted by epsi View Post
    okay, thanks for the Info.

I dont care about this DDOS attacks since i dont play ClanBase or ESL. Its just annoying when you watch a good game at gamestv and a random kid attacks the matchserver. But admins from CB / ESL should talk to you if they want their server not tracked by trackbase. tbh it makes no sense at all as SL is still there and doing nothing
    Completely right.

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Clan
    [UJE]
    U talking about the final Dignitas against TLR?, i was on andy's 2nd server and it crashed a couple of times.

They crashed the ettv servers, or did they crash the gameserver aswell?

Spamming the boards! christmaspwns's Avatar
    Replies
    Country
    Fiji
    Xfire
    christmaspwns
    Clan
    Pro*
    crashed both