Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Replies
    @Warrior: and there you have hit a critical point. Even when you throw just 1 medic pack at him, or sometimes revive someone, because you actually are also a good teamplayer and could combine both at all, that means beeing useful with support to your team as well as with fragging, you influence your rate in this session and in my opinion you do not really deserve your rate, because you also earn rate for support xp. but that's just my opinion. For me rating is just pure frag, nothing else.

@Nekron: maybe =P

Replies
    Country
    Poland
    Clan
    VS
    Rating is just a pure frag. So play as a soldier without any special weapons. Get a thompson and kill until you live. That will be pure rating with pure killing.

Best way is just to create frag server. Without any objectives. Disable special abilities and kill everyone.

In other case play for objectives with a teamwork and show everyone how good you are.

But that's just my opinion

Replies
    yeah, but why must it always be so black and white. You can play for objective and still frag alot. Both possible. Hell yeah that's the game isn't it: you have this gun, you have an objective, and you gotta use the first to do the second, not the second to do the first.

Otherwise we would end up at these nice teamplay servers with who i already made experience lol. I couldn't even walk somewhere alone, maybe sneaking behind enemy lines, because it was a "teamplay server" you know

Replies
    I have nothing against rating or raters as long as they are not whiners or stackers.

This discussion about rating purity is little amusing though when the rates made on different servers aren't at all comparable.

However, to this problem, there is an easy solution. N!tmod offers a gametype called deathmatch. In this gametype there are no objectives or teammates. Just kill everything you see. Enable rating only on these servers and the problem is solved. Noone is getting XP from teamplay and also the other thing which many seem to forget/hide even when they like to stack to the better team is solved. This is that your team brings you most if not all of those frags you are so proud.

The NM is going to bring a new scoring system into the [SLUT] mod. This will most likely help but it still doesn't eliminate the team effect to the scores.

Maybe I'm just trolling Sorry about it in the first place I know this discussion is only for raters.

Spamming the boards! VS|wArRi0r's Avatar
    Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    vswarri0r
    Clan
    VS|
    [NM] You are still drunk? xP

So you want a rating system "pure frag" so no helping out other teamplayers [revive, medicpacks(for the ones that ask for it & need it)]... Is it that what TB want to achieve?

Then i can tell you this:

- That's not what ET is all about ( & don't start with go play Etpro then)

- I don't know if i want to be a part of this (so we will not support TB)

P.S N3kron is on a good way in finding the solution, but it will be very difficult. .nm is too extreme , please don't make from this site a "pure frag" ratingsystem

Replies
    Country
    France
    Xfire
    woodlefuret
    Quote Originally Posted by twister View Post
    Hello mates ,

I have an idea for limited the whore(distribute pack on spawn).

Anyone can distribute a numbers of packs on the respawn predefined in advance.

Rules/Example :

For respawn under 12" and 12".
    Signal : 12 packs every 3 respawn : >> 4 per respawn <<
    Medic : 20 packs every 4 respawn : >> 5 per respawn <<

For respawn over 13" and 13".
    Signal : 21 packs every 3 respawn : >> 7 per respawn <<
    Medic : 36 packs every 4 respawn : >> 9 per respawn <<

Why every 3/4 respawn ?
    For limited /kill and killed himself with grenades and go in fight and wait death...

For Cover Ops Whore :

Uniform taken is -/= of number of kills isn't whore

Uniform taken is + of number of kills is whore

And many sanction ...(when view in demo more 12/20 packs in spawn)
    1- Warn.
    2- Disable sessions when whore(possible?).
    3- Disable rating 1 week.
    4- Disable rating 1 month.
    5- Disable rating 6 month.
    6- Disable rating for ever.

I think is very good rules .

Thanks for reading,
    Le_FuReT~
    Good idea? Need improve?

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    trackbase
    Steam
    trackbase
    Clan
    tb.
    It's certainly not meant to be a purefrag rating system, you're getting XP as engineer too and using arti and airstrikes are also part of the game and just allowed.

I like N3krons idea, I think that would be some good solution

Replies
    Country
    Poland
    Clan
    VS
    Maybe N3kron is on a good way, but that idea force other players to keep on eye players from top 30/50. Other top 30/50 won't report whorer because of friendship between them (maybe not between all, but always) and others (light players) will want to watch TOP guys. Except that N3krons idea is good

@twister: everything good, but you need to buy a new hard disk to keep all of demos you will record, or you spend your life at recording and deleting demos :]

Replies
    Screenshots are spoofable, so are guides, names ...
    Last edited by .nm; 6-12-2010 at 18:02.

Replies
    Argun, of course everyone can post proof if they want to, not just the top 30. It's just that in my experience, the biggest rivalry is going on in the top and when someone complains about whoring, it's usually another player in the top. That's why I think the most reports would come others in the top. This kind of a system would be practically self-regulating. I doubt anyone would stay unreported for very long.

Also, TB has thousands of users and most of them don't give a shit about whoring. That's why a system that deals with only the top would be easy to implement with minimal overall changes to TB. Those who don't read this forum might not even notice something is going on. A complete revamp to a purefragging system would be too risky and probably make a lot of people quit ET. There could of course be a parallel rating system for fragging mods, test it's popularity etc and keep both running.

Yes, screenshots are spoofable but we can cross that bridge when we get to it. There are always some who can say "Ya, 'tis shopped. Done a few shops myself and I can tell by teh pixels". Also, players can object their resets and there are usually 20+ other people in the server and at least a few must remember if that player whored or not.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast