Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    hellreturn
    Clan
    -TB#
    Quote Originally Posted by Koiranpentu View Post
    Actually I'm going to start a new website project and I'll be choosing from XF and IPB. Those two reasons are the only things why I would choose IPB. Tags will be in a huge role on this project because it will be an education forum. However, I haven't chosen the software yet. It will be a very hard decision. XenForo is missing some really essential stuff but in the end it seems to be much better forum software. Also it has some really cool addons which I've not seen to be available for any other forum software.
    Wait for Nov 5th or so.. IIRC, that's the court hearing date for XF. See how the progress is being done and then decide.

More or less on busy forum, XF is much faster.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads...43#post-418364

11 queries compare to vB5 60 queries on front page.

http://www.se7ensins.com

They moved from vB to Xenforo in the end. Xenforo is rocking fast if you just need all around basic features for forums. 50 queries/page makes much difference when you have super busy board with 200 people posting at same time.

Replies
    Country
    Denmark
    Xfire
    patriotqube
    Steam
    Patriotqube
    Clan
    Wolf-ET4ALL Community
    Quote Originally Posted by heddlu View Post
    Some though like FUN clan use PHPBB3 which is okay, good free software but that lacks any good mods/addons. I think the only good ones for that are a portal and ajax shoutbox.
    PhpBB3 has imo all the nessecary mods you need to run a clansite, its free and relatively easy to setup.

We uses it on our site and has done since it was released, before that we used PhpBB2.

Im not familiar with the other versions like IPB or whatever, but I can say that PhpBB3 does what its supposed todo.
    we have Gallery, Shoutbox, Download, Arcade, Reptationsystem etc etc list just goes on

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    hellreturn
    Clan
    -TB#
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post

Im not familiar with the other versions like IPB or whatever, but I can say that PhpBB3 does what its supposed todo.
    we have Gallery, Shoutbox, Download, Arcade, Reptationsystem etc etc list just goes on
    +1 for phpBB3 also Have used it for long time! Still use one on one of my personal small forum.

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    -=PDP=-
    Its been to long since I've administrated a IPB board, and VB as well. XF is interesting. Is there a reason to choose those over free softwares like PHPBB3 and MyBB? I've always liked MyBB, never seemed to miss anything that other softwares have with its easy plugin system.

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    hellreturn
    Clan
    -TB#
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarhand View Post
    Its been to long since I've administrated a IPB board, and VB as well. XF is interesting. Is there a reason to choose those over free softwares like PHPBB3 and MyBB? I've always liked MyBB, never seemed to miss anything that other softwares have with its easy plugin system.
    Features, support and other things. phpBB3 makes the server crawl if you have heavy board with more then 1000 users at a time and over 1 million posts. Out of all XF is super fast. I believe performance wise XF is well optimized and with newer releases once lawsuit is done, XF will win over the time. At present, IPB seems to have many features compare to vB, phpBB3, XF and myBB.

I personally like XF.

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    hellreturn
    Clan
    -TB#
    Just in case if someone is wondering about Xenforo then I converted my RPG forums to it.

http://rpggaming.net/

Did some clean up on it ... and still working on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12