Country
    Poland
    Xfire
    dragonji
    Steam
    dragonji
    Clan
    sKy-e
    Even if they're doing W:ET remake, it won't be just ET on new engine with new maps and code fixes. SD need to "adjust" it to the actual realities. A remake that Scarhand describes would be just a waste of company's money and time. The game has to be friendly for more people, not just for a small ET gamers group.

Clanpage || --------------------------------------------------------------------- || sKy.eSports Clan

Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Xfire
    heddlu
    Clan
    Non Stop Action
    Couldn't agree more. There are tonnes of known bugs and exploits within the game which need to be fixed and yes it needs to be more gamer friendly with some new and old features, weapons etc. The game itself maybe dying but there would still be servers running even when the game comes to a full stop, so there would still be a few here and there who would continue to play the game.
    An old classic now that it is does need a makeover in order to spare it from death but will SD deliver? Chances are 50/50. The lag issue which players come against has been outlined and needs to be sorted out however its not a game issue its to do with the server's location, latitude and the players internet.

As seen with ETQW and Wolf 09 which were complete failures, hopefully if SD does go ahead with this then I hope that ET2 wouldn't be anything like them.

Replies
    Country
    Poland
    Xfire
    dragonji
    Steam
    dragonji
    Clan
    sKy-e
    ETQW was a good game. Not perfect but good. Gamplay and/or graphics weren't the reasons of its death. Wolfenstein 2009 isn't a good example in my humble opinion because it had nothing to do with Splash Damage.

Clanpage || --------------------------------------------------------------------- || sKy.eSports Clan

Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Xfire
    heddlu
    Clan
    Non Stop Action
    Plus the fact that many like myself who had bought the game and tried playing it online were disappointed with it and of course the lack of support was also an issue.

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    -=PDP=-
    Wolf09 was a fail because it tried to mimic modern FPS games in gameplay, and didn't have the bandwagon to back it up. Its really easy to lose the Wolf ET fanbase if they make a wolf ET2 the wrong way.

If they do make a Wolf ET2, an awesome feature would be to give it more ability for TrackBase to do things. Maybe even approach TB as an official rating service.

Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Xfire
    heddlu
    Clan
    Non Stop Action
    Indeed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12