Thread: Name stealing

Replies
    Country
    Poland

Name stealing

Hello Mates,

Is there any way of catching those bastards who steal your name while you're afk? I don't mean security using lock, but getting their IP, ID or something?

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    trackbase
    Steam
    trackbase
    Clan
    tb.
    Quote Originally Posted by [AB]DRMARTENS View Post
    Hello Mates,

Is there any way of catching those bastards who steal your name while you're afk? I don't mean security using lock, but getting their IP, ID or something?
    You mean people reserving nicknames that are still unreserved and then transfer it to another name?

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    i think, he mean when someone fakes his rating!

Replies
    Country
    Poland
    Yes Jari my mate, that's a proper one. Even tho you're nicks blocked, someone still playing under it. Is getting their, lets say Silent ID's and reporting to server admins the only way of having a chance? But than the bans on that server only.

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    dutchelite89
    you cant stop players from using same name as you do. It is free and users are free of use. Ofc lots of players dont do this due to mutual respect to other players. What you mean is that you want all players that use your name will be banned on all servers, but that is just unrealistic since u need to contact every server admin individual and eventually you wont get the wanted result. This is my reply towards what I understand in this problem you are mentioning.
    Just keep your rate locked so it wont get stolen/fucked, and if you can, go to same server as that dude and ask him to change name. no other options imo.

Replies
    Country
    Finland
    Clan
    Pro*
    make your colorcodes right so you wont get faked. i mean adding (^~-¨) etc to colorcodes.

Replies
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Xfire
    gendar257
    Steam
    sopano5
    Clan
    #GE'
    i remember you could register your name when pb was still running. Idk now how it is.

Still have the link but you have to pay 1$ per months so 1 year 12$ for players
    and for clans its 2$ per month so 24$ year.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=registry.php
    Wolfenstein ET Fragger Since 2004

Singima a.k.a Sopano