Thread: Weird or what?

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    giriel
    Clan
    -TB#
    There is a bug due to which the average PPM and rating does not change (if you look in multiple sessions you can see that)
    Next to that the new calculation team calculation is also being tested.

Bear with us fella's we'll be very grateful
    There is no need to constantly change teams, we just calculate the time you played on each team and let the average of that team count for the time you played on that team. (Was that clear?)

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    leaderplop
    I still understand pretty much the same:
    We still have to be in worse team if we want to rate. bugs or no bugs, it's still the same.
    Maybe it's not that we have to rejoin another team that much, like I assumed it was. But my best guess is: someone who has +26 rate/+26tsp won't get any rate if he is in a team that is CRUSHING the other team (even to their spawn). Unless he jumps to the other team somwhere during the map. Am I right?

Meanwhile everyone above 20 rate on the 'test server 'ETC|' is losing massively much rate. I'm always pro-tb when you say: now we can see who has skills and who doesn't. But doing 105/18 in 28 mins, and get massive -rate/-tsp, is a little bullshit. Even if the teams are stacked like hell.
    So far I'm not seeing the benefit of this system. While I was so looking forward to tsp, when that came out. I've always been positive towards Trackbase, but this time I don't see any point in rating anymore,if it stays like this.
    I'm no stacker, but I'm not a teamjumper either. So far, I still see you have to do that, the teamjumping. Unless it all was a big bug.

Or are you guys gonna lower the max rate/tsp?

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    m1lkzz
    Clan
    .$k@
    meh, rating on FA still normal
    But you gona get punished by fair teams measurements, because equal amount of people in both
    teams makes it impossible to switch. So if you wona join the weaker team you got to ask for a !put.
    Better work on my connections than , because all the raters want a !put (jk).

But still, I don't know how this going to turn out. Gona be really hard to guess when to rate and when
    not.

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    leaderplop
    Quote Originally Posted by MiLkZz View Post
    meh, rating on FA still normal
    But you gona get punished by fair teams measurements, because equal amount of people in both
    teams makes it impossible to switch. So if you wona join the weaker team you got to ask for a !put.
    Better work on my connections than , because all the raters want a !put (jk).

But still, I don't know how this going to turn out. Gona be really hard to guess when to rate and when
    not.
    Thinking the same.
    I think the term 'Rating' will become something completely new.

Replies
    Country
    Finland
    Clan
    Pro*
    you just need frag 20-30 more frags then normal in each 30min map simple the you get + not that hard

and the team-balance thing is very good because of stacking teams.

Replies
    http://et.trackbase.net/?mod=playerinfo&idx=1133811 WTF !? paul u destroy the etc with ur new system i stop rate !!!

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    trackbase
    Steam
    trackbase
    Clan
    tb.
    To all guys: there is currently some bug that causes the massive drops... it's not how it's supposted to be. In the mean time I've reverted some sessions giving people their rate 'back'. If I missed people feel free to post here/get me in xfire tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm going to make some fixes

Also: TSP will fade out as soon as this 'new' system is working properly. Also F|A and other clans will need to switch binary (F|A will, already spoke with them). Also had contact with YCN-Hosting. It'll be on soon.

Replies
    Xfire
    tjimboo
    Clan
    Deathrowinmates
    switch binary... lol

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    leaderplop
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    To all guys: there is currently some bug that causes the massive drops... it's not how it's supposted to be. In the mean time I've reverted some sessions giving people their rate 'back'. If I missed people feel free to post here/get me in xfire tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm going to make some fixes

Also: TSP will fade out as soon as this 'new' system is working properly. Also F|A and other clans will need to switch binary (F|A will, already spoke with them). Also had contact with YCN-Hosting. It'll be on soon.
    http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mo...o&idx=41346483
    Top rater on that page: me: ctrl-exeve.
    Thanks for restoring our rate, which we lost due to bugs.

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    trackbase
    Steam
    trackbase
    Clan
    tb.
    Quote Originally Posted by relic View Post
    switch binary... lol
    It's a server binary... players won't notice. It has the same capabilities as the 2.55+ patch only the difference is that this server is patched from known bugs (overflow exploits/server crashing/ different hacks), is highly optimized (server runs much faster) & has TB support. It's possible to compile your own binary 'if you do not trust'.. the source is open

Quote Originally Posted by HellfiG View Post
    http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mo...o&idx=41346483
    Top rater on that page: me: ctrl-exeve.
    Thanks for restoring our rate, which we lost due to bugs.
    Restored that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast