Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    m1lkzz
    Clan
    .$k@
    Yea I know the bullet spread reduction bug. Your mouse polling needs to be half of your FPS. So you need 2000fps for the 1000Hz polling xd.
    Some people can reach this effect though :/, not sure what to think of it. I don't think I know anyone using it, so it's alright I guess.

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Clan
    TeamMuppet
    logitech G700

Replies
    Country
    Sweden
    Xfire
    show91
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapientia View Post
    mx518 enough said
    Indeed a good mouse but if you buy it you make a mistake. Instead you should buy Logitech G400 since it is the NEW MX518. New engine and higher dpi.

Replies
    Country
    Denmark
    Xfire
    patriotqube
    Steam
    Patriotqube
    Clan
    Wolf-ET4ALL Community
    it dosent get better than this --> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B000K78PO6

i thought no one would ever reach the mx518, has had 2 and was damned pleased, but dealer didnt have one when last crashed so bought a G500, thats a solid replacement imo

like it

Replies
    Country
    Romania
    i use this : http://www.x7.cn/en/product.asp?id=36 , and i m absolutely sure there is only hype bout logitech.they are not only good company to manufacture a gaming mouse.is just pure hype,same for coca cola,mc donald,nike,adidas,etc etc.

Replies
    Country
    Finland
    Xfire
    theonni
    Steam
    theonni
    I got Logitech MX518 but it's like 5 years old and ever-dirty so I'm buying Deathadder... To be honest I noticed this mouse's potential like half year ago, that's why I have now succes in ET I guess lol.
    Last edited by Onni:]; 5-08-2012 at 12:14.

Replies
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Xfire
    negerpiet
    Clan
    .WAR|
    I used both MX518 and Logitech G9(x). Both are good gaming mice but my preference would go to the g9. It's awesome in combination with acceleration. Low sens + acceleration in et = win.

Spamming the boards! testforecho's Avatar
    Replies
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben0s View Post
    Low sens + acceleration in et = win.
    I remember some years ago when I built my own config by comparing a lot of 'pro' players configs I had downloaded, none of them had acceleration

Aside from that, I don't see what the advantage of acceleration is. The only good thing about it would be having a wider range between fast and slow movements, but you pay for that when it comes to aiming quickly at somebody's head

Replies
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Xfire
    negerpiet
    Clan
    .WAR|
    I didn't mean the command in ET.

I know ET has a command for acceleration, but it sucks really badly compared to the mouse driver acceleration, which feels a lot different than the ET config command.

It's hard to explain the pro's of acceleration, but once you get used to it it just feels like one smooth sensitivity. I love it, because I can switch really fast between targets, even if they are behind me, and that with the feeling of playing with a low sens.

Spamming the boards! testforecho's Avatar
    Replies
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben0s View Post
    I didn't mean the command in ET.

I know ET has a command for acceleration, but it sucks really badly compared to the mouse driver acceleration, which feels a lot different than the ET config command.
    In my opinion et's own acceleration is superior because it's not limited to an integer number of pixels, while any mouse driver accel will be limited by the fact that you can't move half a pixel on your desktop. And you can even reach the border of your desktop, so you would have an accel and a speed limit (a.k.a. negative accel) together. Not good imho.
    In et, instead, you can move any amount of degrees and take advantage of decimals both in your sens and cl_mouseaccel number.

Of course, if the formula et uses for accel is 'inferior' to the one of your mouse drivers, or rather I should say if you don't like it, then the advantage of not snapping to single pixels goes away.

Personally, I prefer to move the same amount of degrees when I move x inches/cm on my pad, and that regardless of movement speed.
    That is, I prefer not to play with accel because if I make a quick move I would have to control both speed and distance, without accel I need only to control distance, and that's easier for me.
    Actually I don't even need to 'control', I 'know', which is a different process imho than moving your mouse then realizing how much you moved, and adjusting, it's not a feedback kind of prcess in your brain, but you know in advance you have to move 'x' to reach point 'y'. Of course your brain can eventually learn the speeds as well, and that's what probably happened to you.

If you add the effect of cg_fov, and the projection on a flat screen of the game's 3d world (the same distance in degrees is not the same in pixels, if you compare the middle part and the side of your screen), I think my brain has enough to do without accel already

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast