Replies
    Country
    Israel
    Xfire
    clebo7
    Clan
    =F|A=

Why do you still play ET

Im throwing out this question to the ET community at large to try and show that for whatever reason we all still share a passion for ET and as a community can continue to keep ET alive.

For me its all about the fun meeting my e-friends online to share good times, and for that feeling of getting the objective done with 2 seconds left to the map! Although I still suck after playing all these years Ill never forget the fun and the very occasional multi-kill or the very frequent mistake on a map. I also am thankful for all the wonderful people ive played with over the years and have made friends with people from all over the world.

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    -=PDP=-
    Because more modern games put realism above fun. Great, balanced gameplay usually. Customized server mods can make the game however you want it. Its also communities as well as a game.

Replies
    Country
    Sweden
    Xfire
    show91
    I have been playing this game for several years now, still suck at it, really. But somewhat I can't let it go. I can't say I play only Wolf: ET, but mainly it is the game I prefer. It is quit simple and yet very powerful. The gamplay is great when playing with friends, paring up in fireteams and just LOL the map.

I like the community and its amount of mods and maps. Of you want to play something different but still the same game, just switch mod. Many maps to choose from, of course there are maps I really don't like, but with the amount of maps there are always a handful of those. I have to admit Wolf: ET has given me a lot of contacts all over the world. Some actually means a lot and has developed to real friendship.

I still play this game because there are almost something new to find out every time I play. Either I meet someone or I just have really pleasant evening getting owned by going for the objective against a horde of rambo medics. Even if I don't play it I stay connected threw the community's, which is great!

I love to see the development of all projects and different community's or resources. The amount of passion for this game is more than any other and I am sure it will stay that way for many years more.
    Cheers, Shownie

Replies
    I'd have to agree with Shownie for the most part, and something about shooters like RTCW and ET's mechanics, style and gameplay makes me want to come back for it some more and more compared to other FPS's coming out today. Also, the sound of headshots and how much you can amass never gets old. =P

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    ye i agree with Shownie also, i play this game for 8years now? (HOLYSHIT!)
    But i also cant let it go and idk why cuz i hate it and i put much time in it,
    And what i also like is trackbase for ET, cuz its cool to see ur rank and if u come in the top 50 u'll be happy etc..
    and ofc the fun, TJ'ing is also awesome only CF have it also but thats just something else and cool

Replies
    Country
    Finland
    Clan
    =F|A=
    The greates FPS gaming ever made. Fast paced action and the teamwork aspect are great, the gameplay is just so unique. I can't think of any other game which needs skill as much as ET (quake maybe, but it has the same game engine anyways). Nowadays every game is just spraying with guns and you barely have to aim at your opponent. Also the TJ part is great and the amount of different mods. It's a shame the game is slowly dying...

Replies
    Country
    Sweden
    Xfire
    show91
    I have to disagree on two points from you, Mirqli.
    First of all there are other team based games. I am not sure if I have to point them out but.. Battlefield is really based on the team. You can't really run alone and win the game, you must go in squads to succeed. Don't say you are wrong, but just wanted to point out that it is not only "spraying"

Secondly, and also most important, Wolf: ET is NOT slowly dying, don't even say it. It is still in top 10 free FPS, always, and I see active Linux forums and also Mac forums with lots of users want to play this game. So the game is not dying! Don't you forget that

Just wanted to point out these two points, hehe
    Cheers, Shownie

Replies
    Country
    Finland
    Clan
    =F|A=
    I wasn't saying that other games don't need teamplay, I was talking more about the aiming and brainusage aspect which comes up especially while playing scrims Imo your mouse movement doesn't have to be as accurate in new games as in ET and Quake.

Don't get me wrong, I fully support the game and I want it to be active for many more years. I can't even think of playing any other game with such enthusiasm that I have played ET and still play The fact just is that it's becoming less and less active all the time, I wish it was like 5 years ago. I know there are new people coming to play the game, but at the same time more people are quiting, which is sad. There is a column about this on crossfire and people are discussing about it. If you're interested here's a link: 2012 - End of the world or Just ET

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Clan
    [SLUT]
    I remember many moons ago, the guys over at the SD forums were also saying ET was dead (that's already some steps further than 'slowly dieing' :p ). It's just amazing how it still gets updated and - despite everyting, like PB being a pain, ID being a pain ... etc - the community stands strong and reacts as a collective body.
    How sites like SL and TB and many other community pages offered the players alternatives to keep on rocking the ET world.

That's just a small reaction to the 'slowly dieing' part (don't want to bash or it's nothing personal eh Mirqli, you know we love you)

However, I only play TJ the last couple of months. Pub games just don't do it for me anymore, I'm not sure why. I remember the great feeling I had to play with my good friends - 't was such a chill time, but my ET has been bugging me and it's discouraging to continuously look for a solution.
    I've been playing it (quite intensely) since it came out, so maybe that's why I'm having an ET burnout perhaps :p

But I'll never stop playing this awesome game, even if it means I have to play alone !

Replies
    Country
    Finland
    Clan
    =F|A=
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagileo View Post
    I remember many moons ago, the guys over at the SD forums were also saying ET was dead (that's already some steps further than 'slowly dieing' :p ). It's just amazing how it still gets updated and - despite everyting, like PB being a pain, ID being a pain ... etc - the community stands strong and reacts as a collective body.
    How sites like SL and TB and many other community pages offered the players alternatives to keep on rocking the ET world.

That's just a small reaction to the 'slowly dieing' part (don't want to bash or it's nothing personal eh Mirqli, you know we love you)
    Hah Yeah I get your point and I don't think it's dead yet either and won't be for few years atleast. What I mean it's leaning more and more to becoming inactive, all the PB stuff, master server stuff and the future of tzac is uncertain. But I agree, the communities are thriving and there isn't really many things that ID can take away from us anymore, it ain't dead yet!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast