Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Xfire
    iammuppet
    Clan
    TeamMuppet
    Is this now working with all mods? As the previous issues with ETPub been resolved?

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    giriel
    Clan
    -TB#
    It should work on all mods, I have fixed the last bugs normally.

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    -=PDP=-
    At the moment: (((headshots + hits / 5) + kills) * 1.5) + engixp + battlesence + revives*4
    The headshots is not balanced. It takes more than double the shots to kill a person without headshots. Because headshots are only worth twice the value of a hit, you make more points killing someone with only bodyshots, which is the opposite of what it should be. You shouldn't give players lower rate for headshots.
    Too bad acc isn't included too.

Replies
    Steam
    knas123
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarhand View Post
    You shouldn't give players lower rate for headshots.
    I agree.

I mean most good players have a higher headshot accuracy, and i think headshot accuracy should be awarded more than bodyhits accuracy. Since its harder to shoot headshots (?)

You could easily aim for just bodyshots and get like around 50 acc, if you aimed for headshots the acc would drop with at least 6% or more i want to believe.

Spamming the boards! christmaspwns's Avatar
    Replies
    Country
    Fiji
    Xfire
    christmaspwns
    Clan
    Pro*
    Nice job, let's hope it actually works.

Spamming the boards! testforecho's Avatar
    Replies
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarhand View Post
    The headshots is not balanced. It takes more than double the shots to kill a person without headshots. Because headshots are only worth twice the value of a hit, you make more points killing someone with only bodyshots, which is the opposite of what it should be. You shouldn't give players lower rate for headshots.
    hits are *all* hits, that is body+head, so hits+headshots = bodyshots + 2*headshots
    and since (without adrenaline) a headshot makes 40-50 hp and a bodyshot 18, hits+headshot is roughly proportional to damage given (at least with mp40/thompson)

Accuracy? Players with a high accuracy are those who don't preshoot and don't gib, check for example some ettv matches where they have maybe 40 acc, while in public etpro servers the same players get 50 without even trying hard.
    I can get 50 acc if I play for accuracy, but since I'm not a good player I won't get 50 if I play normally like those skilled players, so it's not a reliable factor imho.

Quote Originally Posted by envy_ View Post
    I agree.

I mean most good players have a higher headshot accuracy, and i think headshot accuracy should be awarded more than bodyhits accuracy. Since its harder to shoot headshots (?)

You could easily aim for just bodyshots and get like around 50 acc, if you aimed for headshots the acc would drop with at least 6% or more i want to believe.
    As regards the fact that headshots = skill, I don't agree. Imho damage = skill. Some players give many hs but have a poor accuracy, so they give less damage in the end.

You don't aim for the body or the head, you aim for the area that gives you the highest chance of giving damage, taken into account player distance and animation, weapon spread, etc.

Let's say you have rifle and your opponent is crouching and he's far, where do you aim? Head? I would aim at the bodybox

Replies
    Steam
    knas123
    Quote Originally Posted by testforecho View Post
    As regards the fact that headshots = skill, I don't agree. Imho damage = skill. Some players give many hs but have a poor accuracy, so they give less damage in the end.

You don't aim for the body or the head, you aim for the area that gives you the highest chance of giving damage, taken into account player distance and animation, weapon spread, etc.

Let's say you have rifle and your opponent is crouching and he's far, where do you aim? Head? I would aim at the bodybox
    It's the combination of headshots and body shots which determines the good player, which situations u choose to aim for the head and which to aim for the body. Headshots is harder to shoot, skill or not its a fact, not fiction. So seeing headshots less rewarding seem strange to me. With bodyshots more rewarding the passive player have a higher advantage as he often stays on a wider range trough the games and therefore must shoot more body shots. Which gives the more close up player with probably better aim less advantage cause the 'combat' situations he plays in is less rewarding.

Just my thoughts..

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    giriel
    Clan
    -TB#
    Headshots are counted double so I think we have a higher reward for that?

Replies
    Country
    Poland
    Xfire
    dragonji
    Steam
    dragonji
    Clan
    sKy-e
    I think it would be unfair for other mods since everybody knows that Jaymod's hitboxes are big as hell, so you gain more headshots on this mod naturally.

Clanpage || --------------------------------------------------------------------- || sKy.eSports Clan

Spamming the boards! testforecho's Avatar
    Replies
    So seeing headshots less rewarding seem strange to me.
    Of course headshots are harder, that's a fact and there is no need to discuss about it, but at the end of the day the damage you give counts, and that damage is (roughly) proportional to bodyshots+hs*2, that is hits+headshots, and that's exactly what you see in the formula.

So I don't see why you think headshots are not rewarded, since in that formula they are counted 2 times (remember that hits = bodyshots+hs).
    Yes, I know a hs is slightly more than 2 bodyshots (because of the damage, and because you make it at once), but I don't see such a big mistake in that formula, if it's not 2, it is 2 point something, certainly not 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    I think it would be unfair for other mods since everybody knows that Jaymod's hitboxes are big as hell, so you gain more headshots on this mod naturally.
    I see 2 problems in your post, both big, I hope you don't get mad at my answer, because it's not meant as personal attack

1. hitboxes in jaymod are *not* bigger (you have many different hitboxes there, I know, but the ones generally used in servers are exactly the same as etpro hitboxes) you hit more because there are more beginners, and because with xpsave and level5 you have less weapon spread.

2. You say 'everybody knows'. Everybody = average et player = not a rocket scientist for sure. If 'everybody' says something then you shouldn't believe it without suspecting that it's bs.

For example a minute ago I was playing, and some retarded with noob aim said that I was unhit because I had a high ping, and he said 'everyone knows' that ping moves your hitboxes.

I said that it's bs, and that I was a modder, and instead he didn't know sh** etc. but he didn't believe me. I was about to decide to quit this sh*t game played by retarded people who just insult without knowing, actually since it was an etpro server I was surprised that I wasn't muted for what I said... :facepalm:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast