Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Spamming the boards! testforecho's Avatar
    Replies
    Quote Originally Posted by giriel View Post
    Just a reminder, PB may be dead but there still are checks being performed by Game Violations and all.
    I was trying to figure out how XFire did their nice overlay and seems like they didn't like that
    indeed, that's why I said I prefer to use the original et, not to mention with tzac

actually some things like rinput or et-sdl-sound are technically 'hacks', xfire too, only that they are 'known'
    Anything that messes with the game memory can be regarded as 'hack' in theory

Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Just a reminder, PB may be dead but there still are checks being performed by Game Violations and all.
    I was trying to figure out how XFire did their nice overlay and seems like they didn't like that
    No, PB is not kicking for anything, at all. Try it yourself.

XFire is whitelisted as an application for using OpenGL redirection to draw their interface.

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    giriel
    Clan
    -TB#
    Indeed XFire is whitelisted, but glintercept isn't and you can't create your own overlay without risking problems.

Replies
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Indeed XFire is whitelisted, but glintercept isn't and you can't create your own overlay without risking problems.
    Well, nowadays you can, since PB no longer kicks for anything at all.

Other anti-cheats you would have to contact to get a legitimate application whitelisted in their detection lists.

Replies
    Country
    Sweden
    Steam
    ztealmax
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    The file can be very easily bytepatched, a switch statement translates down to a JMP table, so you would find the case for '0x6ab49f82' and replace that CRC.

I will look into this when I get time and should be able to provide a .sh you can run to patch this.
    Ohh man if you would fix that for me i would love you forever since me trying to compile this old et-sdl-sound.so is a epic fail

Eager waiting for the .sh (When i finally have sound i can do what im good at, making maps)

Sincerally soundless
    //Martin

a side note, what other anticheat software are there for ET?
    Last edited by ztealmax; 2-02-2012 at 12:23.

Replies
    Country
    Denmark
    Xfire
    patriotqube
    Steam
    Patriotqube
    Clan
    Wolf-ET4ALL Community
    Tzac but thats only for ETPro afaik
    and apparently that project seems to be shutdown also atleast after what the dev has said

Spamming the boards! testforecho's Avatar
    Replies
    Quote Originally Posted by ztealmax View Post
    Ohh man if you would fix that for me i would love you forever since me trying to compile this old et-sdl-sound.so is a epic fail
    you could do it yourself:
    open it (edit: I mean et-sdl-sound.so) with a hex editor, then search for 82 9F B4 6A (it's 6ab49f82 if you read the bytes from last to first) and replace it with the new crc (the byte order must be changed in the same fashion!)

The assembly would change from cmp eax, 6ab49f82 to the new value. Done.

Didn't test it because I don't have any modified et, but it should work.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345