Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Replies
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    It's a pity the application doesn't change resolution while minimizing , it would be a great feature for me since my desktop resolution is 1440x900 and game's one is 1152x854. Any possibility to add this?
    Is it because your ET does not support your desktop resolution ? Please enlighten me. Very interesting point i did not think about so far. To tell you why i ask: i made an et integrated minimizer once, and it works perfectly. However, about this i did not think. Very good point.

AAAAAALSO: could someone enlighten me about the mysterious passwords you need for a simple tool like a minimizer ? Or is it about site passwords. AFAIK on Pauls old site there was something similar, and it reminds me very much. Dutchmeat discovered a trojan horse on Pauls old site, see here => http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/s...l=1#post283516 in connection with passwords. Dutchmeat is not your everyday random internet person, dutchmeat is trustworthy (coder, many years experience with idtech3 engine, working on etlive). Paul also did not respond.

Am i accusing here ? No! Since Paul did not respond to this issue (i am sure he saw the thread and the post of dutchmeat), i think it seems very strange to me here. So whats up with the pws, and i am sure you should make a post clearing everything up Paul. I am sure it has nothing to do with you. And i am also sure it has nothing to do with any passwords here.
    Last edited by .nm; 17-01-2012 at 18:05. Reason: wrong quote

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Clan
    [SLUT]
    I seem to remember that Paul replied to that issue, but on another thread/topic. But either ways, it's indeed best that Paul clears this up

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    giriel
    Clan
    -TB#
    The passwords are required because we don't want everyone to be capable of unlocking / locking a players name.
    Desktop resolution will be added in the next update, since ET changes your screen resolution I can imagine this being necessary !
    (Haven't thought of it myself because I use 2 screens :p)
    I have build this program myself, you can scan it with whatever tool you'd like, we are not going to inflict damage to our own userbase...

About the website: I have no idea what's that about, but I have scanned it myself with multiple tools and 0 trojans found.

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    trackbase
    Steam
    trackbase
    Clan
    tb.
    Quote Originally Posted by .nm View Post

AAAAAALSO: could someone enlighten me about the mysterious passwords you need for a simple tool like a minimizer ? Or is it about site passwords. AFAIK on Pauls old site there was something similar, and it reminds me very much. Dutchmeat discovered a trojan horse on Pauls old site, see here => http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/18467-NEW!-Rcon-Online?p=283516&viewfull=1#post283516 in connection with passwords. Dutchmeat is not your everyday random internet person, dutchmeat is trustworthy (coder, many years experience with idtech3 engine, working on etlive). Paul also did not respond..
    No, I never saw that until now. I've also responded to the original thread to clear up that story. Wasn't aware of it being on there.

About the passwords in the minimizer. We needed something very secure, as we don't want any passwords to be stolen. The reason why you need to get the code from our site, is that in this way you will never be able to steal someone else his real key, as the encryption key is not stored in the application.

If you really want to know, the 'very strange password thing' is just something with the userid,playerid and some other secret ingredients. Together, this string is encrypted with a key we will never share (so evil people will not be able to decrypt it). Then, it's base64_encoded as the key mechanism produces uncopyable characters, and base64 produces an output will all readable keys.

Is this enough information ?

Regards,

Paul

Replies
    More than i wanted to know, i do not care actually for any mega super cool encryption details or anything. Just wanted to know what this app is about and why passwords are beeing needed for having an app which mimizes your game, and tell you that you still got one site up and running, spreading trojans.

Replies
    Country
    Netherlands
    Xfire
    trackbase
    Steam
    trackbase
    Clan
    tb.
    Quote Originally Posted by .nm View Post
    More than i wanted to know, i do not care actually for any mega super cool encryption details or anything. Just wanted to know what this app is about and why passwords are beeing needed for having an app which mimizes your game, and tell you that you still got one site up and running, spreading trojans.
    To minimize the game, you don't need to fill in the information. This is only needed if you also want to use the locking/unlocking possibility of your name

Replies
    Country
    Belgium
    Xfire
    giriel
    Clan
    -TB#
    For everyone using this : do not use it when you are playing or going to play World of Warcraft !
    Their anti cheat engine is paranoia and will ban you.

A new update is also coming soon.
    Last edited by giriel; 1-02-2012 at 14:41.

Replies
    Country
    Germany
    Xfire
    dssjonny
    Steam
    dssjonny
    Discord
    JoNny#4432
    Clan
    -TB#
    I just can say it'll be great