PDA

View Full Version : Competetive ET

gullygaza
6-12-2011, 18:27
I know this is a rating-site and most of you know about it and probabaly don't care, but as ETPro is becoming less and less active I still want to post this here for those who are not aware of the existence of the competetive ET-scene.
There's not much more to say about it, just get your ET updated to 2.60b and visit those links for any information needed and to find some mates to play in a team with.

Anti-Cheat of most etpro servers: http://tz-ac.com/downloads.php

Ladder-matches and seasonal cups: http://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php

more ladder-matches and seasonal cups: http://www.esl.eu/eu/#/eu/et/

watch/spectate official matches of good and semi-good teams: http://www.gamestv.org

un-official Etpro-community for any questions, recruitment, shorter & other cups and news: http://www.crossfire.nu/

as Patriot said, IRC as main text-communication program to find wars, players, anything: http://www.mirc.com/

useful channels for IRC: /join #1on1.et ; #2on2.et ; #3on3.et ; #5on5.et ; #6on6.et ; #et.6on6 (wars of each format) ; #et.merc (offer to help out a team/mix) ; #et.gather (join up to mix with random players) ; #esl.et ; #clanbase.et ; #crossfire ; #tzac (channels of the services above)

See you on!

(feel free to move this to a different section, if you don't like it here.)

Shagileo
6-12-2011, 21:27
Thread moved to more suitable section

ibunforgiven
7-12-2011, 12:10
i sincerrelly hope that more of the jaymod or other mod rating players will make a step into et pro as well.the thrill when u play a war,comunicating with your friends,the social side of it,voice programs and all...i think is pretty damn exciting :)

Patriot
7-12-2011, 12:29
Well i used to play wars, played lots of CB wars back in 2004 to 2008 and yeah it was fun, got tired of the attitudes of the socalled elitist etpro ppl

it was all about cheater, laaaaag, hazor etc etc

got tired of crossfire.nu also so havent been on that site for ages

So yes it is exiting and if people likes it, well then go ahead and have fun, its a closed chapter for me

to OP, you forgot to direct ppl onto IRC

gullygaza
7-12-2011, 17:25
edited :)

all this whine, etc got less I think.. at least I don't notice much hate anymore.. Crossfire simply became boring

ibunforgiven
7-12-2011, 18:10
and u dont find whine on other mods,or accusations,or insults,or trolls,or flames?is not about et here ,is about human nature...the kids ...u have to deal with them the best way u can,but to drop off cause of that ...i don t agree

epsi
7-12-2011, 21:43
The etpro scene is IMO still full of whiner, kids, retards & cheater. Crossfire.nu has become a trash bin full of flamer & wnb's (it was never a nice place, but it becomes worse & worse) And to idle 1.5 hrs in IRC to get a 6on6 is not very funny, mh? Also today I read that tzac is maybe going down in the near future because of the lack of money / no sponsors - hell yea, lets start to play wars w/o any cheat protection again.

No thx :bad:

Ofc there are whiner, retarded kids & flamer on other mods too. But on etpro it is just extreme. There are some rly nice "fun mod" servers out there where you can just chill and play some maps - with mature players who know how to behave themselves.

carnage
7-12-2011, 22:59
The etpro scene is IMO still full of whiner, kids, retards & cheater. Crossfire.nu has become a trash bin full of flamer & wnb's (it was never a nice place, but it becomes worse & worse) And to idle 1.5 hrs in IRC to get a 6on6 is not very funny, mh? Also today I read that tzac is maybe going down in the near future because of the lack of money / no sponsors - hell yea, lets start to play wars w/o any cheat protection again.

No thx :bad:

Ofc there are whiner, retarded kids & flamer on other mods too. But on etpro it is just extreme. There are some rly nice "fun mod" servers out there where you can just chill and play some maps - with mature players who know how to behave themselves.

TL;DR version: ET is dead.

Scarhand
8-12-2011, 04:45
ET is not dead, but recessing.

ETpro is almost dead. Few or none notable competitions, ETpro servers are declining because the mod is so old and never updated. Everything in ETpro is in newer mods, and most action is on pubs these days.

kobajagi
8-12-2011, 06:41
ppl got tired of playing same old maps over and over again . its cool from time to time , but thats it . i prefer etpub servers or silent mode these days .

ibunforgiven
8-12-2011, 13:32
i felt same way 1 year and some ago when i registered on crossfire.nu,but i realised i also made a mistake:gave to much importance to the those kids that u are talking about.now,i just sit down,read what i have to read,and i write only if absollute necessary.also...yes sometimes it takes even up to 20 30 minuts to find a war,but in the meantime i talk with the guys on ts or i m finding smt to do,and that is very very rare...i ussually play only mixes and i always search for 5 mercs...imagine that most of the occassions i find the ppl pretty fast let s say up to 10 min max,if i can t find i drop off and search another time.

now the good stuff:social side of talking and meeting the guys,(i avoid from the start those under age 20 that i dont really know them very well,and also retards i had problems in the past with),once the match starts is the thrill,the fun,the excitement.If we spot cheater,ussually cause i try to play with mature ppl,is it such a problem to kick him out(cause most of the times i play on my own server) and yet tzac despite the bad roumours is not completely terminated....there is still hope.no matter what u say pub is pub,and a war is a war....there is a difference and there are always 2 paths:the easy one and the hard one.at the end of the hard one....i find great satisfaction,and when i don t...i m pretty strong to pull it over

Onni:]
9-12-2011, 18:51
I've always wanted play ETPro but I got a major problem, which is PunkBuster. Almost all popular ETPro server use it :/. PB makes my ET crash, first my screen keeps freezing for like 2 seconds by time, and then, after like 10mins of playing it freezes totally. I have tried to fix the problem so many times but it seems to be impossible. Luckily PB is mostly gone, can do better for example on F|As :)

gullygaza
9-12-2011, 19:49
there arent many PB-servers left, see tzac in my first post.. you can filter PB-servers here I think

Onni:]
9-12-2011, 20:08
The most popular onea are Hirntot, Demolition_Centre and Nexus... can't remember the name, but they all still use PB

Papii
10-12-2011, 10:41
There is no servers using PB anymore. PB doesn't support this game anymore, so retry an etpro server , next time and your lag will disappear.

ibunforgiven
10-12-2011, 14:02
play on tzac servers,and et pro is about improving skills and technique and for that u dont play pubs but wars

Mccloud
10-12-2011, 14:46
play on tzac servers,and et pro is about improving skills and technique and for that u dont play pubs but wars
etpro is for people who look for better players and a more "clean" atmosphere, with no adren, DJ, arty spam, mortars. panzers. etc. not just for improving skill...

testforecho
10-12-2011, 16:53
;10776']I've always wanted play ETPro but I got a major problem, which is PunkBuster. Almost all popular ETPro server use it :/. PB makes my ET crash, first my screen keeps freezing for like 2 seconds by time, and then, after like 10mins of playing it freezes totally. I have tried to fix the problem so many times but it seems to be impossible. Luckily PB is mostly gone, can do better for example on F|As :)
Then use tzac or play in one of those etpro servers without pb that allow players with no tzac. Sometimes I play there since I can play from Linux too, I am too lazy to reboot to win just to play et, and they will never do tzac for Linux :(
Since I'm lower than low, they don't even complain because I have no tzac when they check with /ac_players ^^

If you search, there are no-pb servers, and probably you can even solve your pb issues I can't believe you are the only player in the world who cannot play with pb... never heard

ibunforgiven
11-12-2011, 16:38
right...