PDA

View Full Version : kill/death way out of wack

**Slinger
27-11-2011, 23:23
http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=sessioninfo&idx=31839327

Not sure if this has been reported but major bug issue.

Shagileo
27-11-2011, 23:46
Whoa, what a massacre :D
Thanks for reporting !

Papii
28-11-2011, 00:26
same bug like some time ago

http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=sessioninfo&idx=31553532

The score isn't correct as i made 99/18 with rifle and it shows me this weird stats. Bug is happening only when i'm using rifle ( everytime )

Also this one who's showing i made 146/32 while my real score was 111/35 or something

Spl@$h~
28-11-2011, 07:38
Thanks for reporting , those bugs are ,stuffs have ben modified but apprently it didnt stop the weird values.

giriel
28-11-2011, 15:42
For the absurd values I have added an additional check and proposed it to Paul.
That's due to ET's weird behavior during warmup periods.

Grenade kills and launchergrenade kills are not counted for this display.

This is because they are not rated separately in the new rating method, they are inside the engineering xp and we don't want to double award those kills.

If that is no explanation for your problem Papii then you will need to explain it again because I don't understand it completely :)

anurag007
28-11-2011, 15:43
those status make me wanna do my face like :eeks: :eeks: :eeks:

testforecho
28-11-2011, 19:00
Sometimes it happens that a player with a slow computer takes too much time to load the map and connect after a map change, and that gives him 'fake' kills, I haven't tried to reproduce it and how it would be possible to recognize automatically when it happens, but I have seen this bug sometimes.

Just wanted to tell

giriel
28-11-2011, 20:38
Hmm that I haven't seen, normally only during the warmup period there reproduces such fake kills.
But if someone can show me a demo about it I can try to figure out the reason.

testforecho
28-11-2011, 21:14
I don't have any demo or stats dump sorry, actually this bug is not so common, it can happen on jaymod for sure, maybe other mods too

These 'fake' kills appear at the end of the game, not during warmup.
There could be a way to tell those players apart but I'm not sure since I didn't check any stats, and that bug doesn't happen to me, I have just seen it happening to others every now and then.
If I manage to understand how it works I will send you a pm

**Slinger
29-11-2011, 03:25
This is the first time I have ever seen this. The only reason I caught it is b/c I have a dual monitor set up and had TB open on my other monitor. At the end of the round, I updated TB and bam! I saw that.
As for testforecho, if you think a i7-950 OC'd to 4ghz with a GTX580 on a cablem modem network @ 16mb download/2mb up and gaming with a 30-50 ping is slow, then tell me, should I go game at the DoD's machine then? :)

testforecho
29-11-2011, 10:06
As for testforecho, if you think a i7-950 OC'd to 4ghz with a GTX580 on a cablem modem network @ 16mb download/2mb up and gaming with a 30-50 ping is slow, then tell me, should I go game at the DoD's machine then? :)

no :D actually I didn't say that was your case,
I just wanted to tell about a bug which has been around for years, I guess most players who have played for a long time have witnessed it at least once, and since I saw it happening that day I thought it could be useful to mention it. Probably I should have started a new thread, sorry.

Now after some tests I see that specific bug I mentioned doesn't affect k/d numbers shown on TB, so it can't be the cause of those problems

edit:
have found another weird session:
http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=sessioninfo&idx=31902839

Spl@$h~
29-11-2011, 17:47
Oh yeah im gonna report those weird sessions .. thanks for reporting.

And about the bug you were talking about , it's true indeed , if you wanted to get full map rated with correct values , warmup was needed , and had to wait the next map before leaving the game.( but it never was the case on TB since it started)

carnage
4-12-2011, 23:06
I don't really know if reporting these helps, but here I have another one.

http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=sessioninfo&idx=32291823

I had 70-something - 20 (pretty weak, I know), but it shows as 541 - 1315. Just thought I'd post it here.

giriel
5-12-2011, 00:11
ugh seems like I need to lower the margin some more :s
Thanks for reporting it most certainly is useful, those things shouldn't be allowed to happen!

carnage
5-12-2011, 02:19
Didn't think it'd turn out to be useful, but I'm glad it is. :)
And no worries, it most certainly isn't the end of the world.