PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive interview with Paul

Shownie
20-11-2011, 08:21
Hello there lads!

I am working on a quite serious interview with Paul. I have little problem filling out the questions, so why don't you guys help me out? :)

I am sure you all have some questions about the man behind TrackBase. So please, help me out and ASK your questions in this thread. I will not use every question posted, but only a handfull!

Thanks! :cool:

anurag007
20-11-2011, 15:36
1.why you run this site and for what ?
2.when this site is made ? :D
only 2 questions from me

Shownie
20-11-2011, 17:01
Thanks for sharing! :)

Dragonji
20-11-2011, 18:10
2.when this site is made ? :D
10-10-2010 ;)

Svetlana
20-11-2011, 22:54
its not like paul is a big deal but i think i got a few question for u...

1. Paul, y did u steal sl's source code?

2. Paul, y did u tell people that sl is shit and to come over to tb while this site is the same shit?!

3. and y the hell does nobody delete svet's profile even tho he asked for it nicely????????

Scarhand
20-11-2011, 23:34
1. What was your inspiration for making TrackBase?

2. What kinds of things does TrackBase offer that can't be found anywhere else?

3. What are your next big plans for TrackBase?

4. What is your favorite color?

Shagileo
21-11-2011, 01:54
Svetlana, although I question the seriousness of your questions (...), I highly believe they're not relevant nor contributory to the interview.

If you wish to have your profile deleted, please pm me or Paul (although I can not delete any forum profiles, I can contact (or any other TB staff member for that matter) ) Paul.

2. Paul, y did u tell people that sl is shit and to come over to tb while this site is the same shit?!

Although I shouldn't spend my time in answering these kinds of questions, but such an event never occurred.

If you have issues using TB, then it is your right to provide constructive feedback and in that same line stop using any of the TB services.

Future posts reflecting false, inaccurate or insulting natures will be considered as spam and deleted. Consequences are to be followed.

StoerFaktoR
21-11-2011, 11:27
1.Why and for whom TB was created?
2.Did you really own this site created?
3.Why Punkbuster unsecured servers are supported with a ranking?
4.Cheating players are also listed in the ranking?

Paul
21-11-2011, 12:11
its not like paul is a big deal but i think i got a few question for u...

1. Paul, y did u steal sl's source code?

3. and y the hell does nobody delete svet's profile even tho he asked for it nicely????????

Svetlana, although I question the seriousness of your questions (...), I highly believe they're not relevant nor contributory to the interview.

If you wish to have your profile deleted, please pm me or Paul (although I can not delete any forum profiles, I can contact (or any other TB staff member for that matter) ) Paul.

Although I shouldn't spend my time in answering these kinds of questions, but such an event never occurred.

If you have issues using TB, then it is your right to provide constructive feedback and in that same line stop using any of the TB services.

Future posts reflecting false, inaccurate or insulting natures will be considered as spam and deleted. Consequences are to be followed.

Since all is open and the truth is always better, I'll answer your questions:

1) Everything on TB was homemade, nothing was 'stolen'. The server monitor client-side code was used to base ours on (why reinvent the wheel). Besides that, 100% of the code was home-made. I didn't / don't even HAVE the code from SL, I had only be in the team for a while.
I wanted to program and expand SL to rebring it to it's former glory, but they said it would be too much work for me and I shouldn't do it. I arranged some stuff, whereafter they said SL would STOP and QUIT at december 31 2010. I already started working on "SLv3" but this didn't help anything. In fact, when I got closer to an end they kicked me out and said it was all useless and I was going the wrong way. On this moment I decided to continue and finish the product to form TB.

But then, SL continued after december because they didn't like TB (without TB, we wouldn't have anything...). I still respect SL, for what they have provided through the years, and with the new owner there is still a future for them.

However, it's mostly a personal choice, a lot of people prefer TB, and other people prefer SL. We just continue to expand and add new functionality for our users and the users are free to use whatever they like.

2) No I didn't, however there were some clans that switched to TB on the release date and quit at SL, it was there own choice and they saw more possibility's here. If it's still the same shit, please tell me the details more exact, as we would like to solve those issues and improve it to your likings.

3) I haven't got a request to delete your account, if you wish so, send me a PM and I will remove your account.

As for the other questions, I will answer them all in a list provided by Shownie later.

2.Did you really own this site created?

It's not a matter of did, but Do, and yes I do, every single line of code written is typed by my own hands. A lot of graphic stuff and documentation and of course hte support could not be possible without the fantastic team we have.

Mccloud
21-11-2011, 13:06
Who got you to play et? :D

Shownie
21-11-2011, 17:14
For the serious people in this thread, thanks for sharing! :cool:

Haters, please try to stop flame all threads about Paul and TrackBase, thanks! =)

Jari
21-11-2011, 21:08
question:

Why don't you add some new games for the tracker, so people can rate for more games like Cod2 & now MW3 & CS:S
I think there will be so much people on the site...
& it will be more famous

Koiranpentu
21-11-2011, 21:36
^They are working on other game(s).

sosA
21-11-2011, 23:22
MW3

This will only be able if they get the right of Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer and Activision to start one, which I bet they wont be giving. Since they already have this feature and players have to pay for elite to get the clans and ranking system fixed etc. Think paul wont be thinking of smthing stupid as this (i hope).
And since they dont want it to be offered for free this could be ending up in lots of financial bullcrap which paul and Tb dont want to have.
Just my opinion and legal knowledge about it, dont do it without permission (related to the MW3 issue).

Svetlana
25-11-2011, 19:33
I haven't got a request to delete your account, if you wish so, send me a PM and I will remove your account.

so u dont read "your own" forum?

http://forum.trackbase.net/threads/949-delete-Account

not gonna comment the whole bullshit u wrote down but it was a funny read tho, thx.

however, pm'd u.

giriel
25-11-2011, 21:36
I don't understand your lack of respect to people trying to provide a free service.
They work for nothing and are trying their best to accommodate your needs.
You have been removed since this was your request.

To get this topic back on track:
How much time do you averagely spend on Trackbase?

carnage
25-11-2011, 23:58
Oh, a SL fanboy/girl/tranny. As far as ranking is concerned, no serious rater cares about SL anymore, due to it being downright outdated and stale. On the contrary, trackbase is constantly being updated with innovative ideas (it had a better name reservation system since the very beginning, to make an example) which are really needed to make things more interesting. And that's why SL pretty much died the day trackbase was introduced to the public. No one told us to come over here, it was just a logical consequence.

And the forums are far more interesting that SL's where I only have 1 post. Mirabilis already asked the question I was going to ask, although I know some games have their own ranking systems. There are other classics which would be a nice addition and a nice move for this site to gain more popularity.

Anyway good job on the website. Been a user since October 2010 (which I believe is the month it was introduced to the public).

Shownie
26-11-2011, 00:08
This is going locko... questions is collected and the interview will be posted as soon as possible.
Once again, thank you for sharing!

Topic closed.