PDA

View Full Version : Trackbase new tracker part one

Paul
8-11-2011, 15:27
As you've all noticed, some time ago we opened a discussion (http://forum.trackbase.net/threads/723-OFFICIAL-W-ET-Discussion-new-rating-method) about a new rating method. Now, some months later we have finally some working product. The new rating method is not online yet, we are still testing and finetuning all this stuff.

The new tracking method does will not only give a new way of rating, but we can now also offer the display and storage of Kills and Deaths! Due to the difference in tracking and the method required this is default disabled. It is still in the beta, we will not add random server yet but as a server admin you can send me a PM for more information if you want this to be applied to your server.

Some of you may have noticed that some "random player" with the name TBS has been connecting to a lot of servers recently, this is the new method that will save & process this new way of tracking.

The new tracking method (rate calculation) will follow within a short amount of time, we still need to test what's best :)

Any questions or feedback? Feel free to drop a reply! :)

christmaspwns
8-11-2011, 15:51
Finally! Keep on going Paulus, sletje!

HellfiG
8-11-2011, 15:58
Good work, Paul and tb-team.

Can't wait to see the new track-formula :D

sosA
8-11-2011, 17:38
Maybe a little bug or miscalculation in the code
http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=playerinfo&idx=1838952

Paul
8-11-2011, 17:58
Maybe a little bug or miscalculation in the code
http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=playerinfo&idx=1838952

Looking at the rest of the session, this isn't a bug or miscalculation but it seems he got his XP for that round a little bit different then killing :)

equaLz
8-11-2011, 18:19
http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=playerinfo&idx=2553771 wtf ?

giriel
8-11-2011, 18:30
That's due to the lovely behavior of ET to give random numbers during warmup.
We have adjusted the tracker to deal with this but it seems sometimes someone slips through the mazes of our net :/

it has a quick fix though :)
If you find more stats like this one feel free to report.
(We have fixed FRANCECLAN already)

nrgy21
8-11-2011, 18:46
Nice work TB team. Just waiting for FA1 to be on the list! :)

Paul
8-11-2011, 19:31
http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=playerinfo&idx=2553771 wtf ?

This was already fixed, but that session was from 6/11 (2 days ago)... it wasn't fixed yet on that date ;)

Papii
8-11-2011, 20:01
On which servers this new system is now working? Only on the F|A servers atm?

Really nice work, waiting this system since years :)

.uNdeAd/
8-11-2011, 20:13
<3 very nice, no whoring anymore ( i hope) :D

giriel
8-11-2011, 20:31
We'll make a nice list :)
At the moment :
- F|A BEGINNERS XPS FOREVER
- F|A HARDCORE XPS
- F|A #2 XPSAVE FOREVER
- FRANCECLAN[WOOD]
- GermanyNoDownloadXpsGang
- T.C.MASTERCUPXPSAVEJAYMOD

willo
8-11-2011, 23:47
great work paul keep up the good work

k/d looks amazing:claps::claps::claps:

anurag007
9-11-2011, 13:40
Great works tb admin's
no whoring's anymore <3 :D

HellfiG
9-11-2011, 14:04
Great works tb admin's
no whoring's anymore <3 :D
That's not true...If the new track formula will be online than whoring would be most difficult.
Now we just can see who whores. Somz guys like Shogunn just really don't care if people call him a xp-abuser.

There will always be people that do whatever they want to do, without caring about others opinions.

Back on topic: Paul, when will you launch the new formula? And the one you have now, is it working?

Elof
9-11-2011, 14:59
Yeah K:D ratio displaying is a great feature. Hope more servers will show interest ...

anurag007
10-11-2011, 06:37
That's not true...If the new track formula will be online than whoring would be most difficult.
Now we just can see who whores. Somz guys like Shogunn just really don't care if people call him a xp-abuser.

There will always be people that do whatever they want to do, without caring about others opinions.

Back on topic: Paul, when will you launch the new formula? And the one you have now, is it working?

:embrassed:
but we can know now who whore hard to be on the top rank list like shoggun

Papii
12-11-2011, 17:40
http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=sessioninfo&idx=30841251

stats showing 33/29 while i did 108/36 with rifle? :/

giriel
12-11-2011, 18:53
Pff didn't notice this until I myself was missing kills :p
Sorry about that !
Had committed an updated rating formula and only the light weapons were counted (and I forgot garand) :)
But I have suggested a fix already, will be placed when Paul is ready.

Papii
12-11-2011, 20:00
Yeah np ;)

And do you know when you'll do a list where we can see every servers using this K/D system? Also, will it be possible to have this system on every servers running? ( Without counting the ones with bots only? )

giriel
12-11-2011, 20:31
No we won't support every server.
The trackbase server doesn't have the capacities for something like that.
The list of supported servers is under construction :)

Papii
12-11-2011, 21:16
Alright, well, you should support the biggest servers you know, servers who are full or got many players most of the time. And main servers where raters are on.

carnage
12-11-2011, 22:42
The Lost Legion #1 server should get support. It's usually quite crowded and there are a few high-raters playing in it. Same for F|A NQ. I kinda feel you've left out some NQ servers which do have some good players.

Dragonji
12-11-2011, 23:12
Can I ask you how many servers will be rated using this new formula?

giriel
12-11-2011, 23:36
The old rating will stay active.
Next to that the new rating will run upon all the servers that are being tracked with this new method.

For the servers :
Our new tracker has the annoyance of always needing to connect.
Therefor we don't force it upon any server, if they like our new tracker they can always contact us and we will be more then happy to add them to the list.

So if your favorite server is not showing K/D's ask the server admins to contact us :)

Somewhere in the future there will be some more rules about adding new servers but that isn't decided yet.

Sapientia
14-11-2011, 19:28
so how would a server go about getting the new system added to there server?. can they just ask or is it invite only :>

giriel
14-11-2011, 20:15
The server admins can ask :)

Patriot
15-11-2011, 16:04
well we have a few nice servers where i would like the rating stuff to run on

Jaymod 2.20 - NQ 1.2.9 - Silent 0.4.0

so consider this an ask for it :)

Qubenet Clan

Sapientia
15-11-2011, 18:09
wouldnt it be best to give it to as many as possible?

giriel
17-11-2011, 21:14
if we had more money and stronger servers maybe yes :)
This new method requires on average 30 message being send between the server and the tracker instead of 2.
That combined with the processing restrictions it becomes a fairly heavy program.

.nm
23-11-2011, 19:08
And now they suddenly all like K/D ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

VS|wArRi0r
4-12-2011, 13:58
So trackbase wants to be a frag based tracker? ( old rating tracker + new K/D tracker) ?

I don't have to remind you all here that ET is supposed to be a game based on teamplay, fun and objective...
Oooh noo I forgot ET, based on these virtues, is dead.. :)

giriel
4-12-2011, 14:22
It is very noble of you to play as such.
But if you value those virtues then there is no need to gain rating.
This is a system created for those that want something more or something else.
What we provide is a way to keep the competition as fair as possible, because don't kid yourself : competition will always be there.

If you think that your playstyle needs rate (which I seriously doubt) then please provide us with some idea's or information about it :)

Mystik
4-12-2011, 14:36
If there will be K/D ranking, I think it should count all matches. I mean it's stupid how people can just lock their name if they're doing bad (or put a dot behind their name). So the K/D rating could actually show who "really" got skill.

VS|wArRi0r
4-12-2011, 15:17
It is very noble of you to play as such.
But if you value those virtues then there is no need to gain rating.
This is a system created for those that want something more or something else.
What we provide is a way to keep the competition as fair as possible, because don't kid yourself : competition will always be there.

If you think that your playstyle needs rate (which I seriously doubt) then please provide us with some idea's or information about it :)

As you can see I don't care about my rating. :whistling:. And yes there will always be a competition. I will chase the one that killed me before BUT I would also be happy when we win the map and played as a real team. Before this system there were already a lot of fraggers, just killing, and not helping with anything (maybe some med and ammo packs, if you are lucky they will heal you) and now it will be more & more & more fraggers.

I'm not here to whine about the rating or anything else. I just care about the game and many players know this trackersite and will be playing just for K/D and that's just not it...

SO maybe you can add the MOST important things to achieve the objective to the tracker? Or if you win or lose the map.

For example: Repairing the tank & dynamite the barriers @goldrush. (maybe the CP). But hey, I don't know shit about coding...

I hope you now understand my point of view? If not... I will try to explain it :)

giriel
4-12-2011, 17:07
I completely understand :)
Problem is that it is not possible.
We can't get that kind of information out of the server.
And the ranking will not be done upon K/D, we have created a new formula that is being tested right now!(There is a separate topic discussing that)

Spl@$h~
4-12-2011, 18:43
If there will be K/D ranking, I think it should count all matches. I mean it's stupid how people can just lock their name if they're doing bad (or put a dot behind their name). So the K/D rating could actually show who "really" got skill.

Yeah well we have already talked about that , there is nothing we can do ... and even if something is doable , ppl always have the possiblity to switch names ( symbols and shit) . Let's not discuss about that anymore since nothing is gonna change.It's first used as protection , thats what matters.

VS|wArRi0r
4-12-2011, 22:28
I completely understand :)
Problem is that it is not possible.
We can't get that kind of information out of the server.
And the ranking will not be done upon K/D, we have created a new formula that is being tested right now!(There is a separate topic discussing that)

No problem :) Let's see what the future brings... It was a nice talk ;) Thank you & good luck with the new tracker (coding and that kind of stuff).

testforecho
5-12-2011, 11:51
So trackbase wants to be a frag based tracker? ( old rating tracker + new K/D tracker) ?

I don't have to remind you all here that ET is supposed to be a game based on teamplay, fun and objective...
Oooh noo I forgot ET, based on these virtues, is dead.. :)
fun = you don't care if you win or lose, and you don't try to play as good as you can, or you just don't care about it
If you try to win a map that's competitive play, not 'fun' play (which doesn't mean it is not enjoyable, actually it is the most enjoyable way to play, but not in public servers, or in any case not in servers with retarded beginners)

Old rating was based on frags and/or xp whoring, there was never a rating based on map winning. Nothing will change. If you want to be rated for winning a map you need to have a real team, who would like to get a bad score just because a 10 yrs old who has neither aim nor brain happens to join your team?

Maybe those 'fraggers' you hate, are actually the ones who would be able to play for obj, but they don't do it because some have played with real teams and know in comparison that playing obj in public servers is a bit stupid, while instead some beginners who think they are playing for obj wouldn't even leave their spawn alive in a real match, let alone doing something useful. So my advice is, if you want to play for fun, play for fun, nobody will stop you from doing it. They play for frags? Let them be, you can play for obj if you like. But if you want real teamplay, tactics, etc. don't play in public servers.

It would have been nice to have a custom 'tb' mod done especially for rating, and a separate ladder rating only servers with that mod, that way it would have been much easier to calculate all sorts of scores, and have players hardware ids to avoid name changing etc. But what if you give score for repairing, let's say, the truck? You will have the nub ones who repair it even if it's not necessary.

VS|wArRi0r
5-12-2011, 21:11
Yes, i know what you mean but with the time I have to play, I usually play on public servers.. But it was not an attack against fraggers. I had just a few questions...
But I understand what your point is :)

P.S I have nothing against fraggers, just to be clear :D