4-10-2011, 23:30
Evenbalance/Punkbuster has discontinued there support for 6 games:

Enemy Territory
Prey
Doom3
Quake Wars
Quake 3
Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Save your ETkey. If you loose your ETkey, you might not get one.
Seems like Activision contract with EB has expired.
h (http://www.evenbalance.com/)ttp://www.evenbalance.com/ (http://www.evenbalance.com/)
End of ET near? or atleast end of Rating?

Regards,
Q'AlCapOne.

Scarhand
5-10-2011, 02:36
A majority of servers will probably move to Tzac. No one really like PB anyway, but the standard of cheat protection will have to be changed, and may cause some problems.

equaLz
5-10-2011, 07:26
I hope Tzac will also gona support Jaymod.

carnage
5-10-2011, 07:35
Point is, tzac is mainly for the competitive side of ET and will probably stay like that. As such, you still cannot make a real "tzac-only server" outside of etpro. Also, to get your own tzac ID you need to register to their website and manually download and configure the ac software, something you didn't really have to do with PB (at least not in normal cases). Now, while this isn't a problem for many of us "experienced" players, it sure is for an ET newbie who has no idea what this is. Yesterday I had a quite hard time teaching a noob friend of mine (who has played this game for quite some time now) how to configure it and that says enough. Tzac is far from being the right solution for pub et gaming at this point, because it doesn't have an easy-to-use ID registration form like PB did. I'm worried this game will lose many players in no time.

stars*
5-10-2011, 09:08
I doubt TZAC will support jaymod. Thats way too big for them. They already have trouble just with etpro ID spoofing.
The only chance to rate now is Servers like #Epic, who donated to trackbase to get the rating for non pb servers.

Is there any chance to see a list of those servers?

[TfL]DeV!L
5-10-2011, 09:26
I hope Tzac will also gona support Jaymod.

i hope it too :/

Romi
5-10-2011, 09:26
Lol, there is many servers which alternative cheatprotection where you can play for rate. Just clicking servers and you will see.

[TfL]DeV!L
5-10-2011, 10:09
and wich one they have ???

TZAC is only ETPRO supported at the moment

Game Violations need pb too

GGC too

PBBANS too

sosA
5-10-2011, 10:53
No PB will eventually cause more problems on jaymod. Admins have eventually to decide if someone is cheating or not. And lots of admins are just terrible.

HellfiG
5-10-2011, 12:21
Anyone wanna make an own anti-cheatprogram and put it online? XD

Or maybe Trackbase can step up, and make one of it's own?
I know, I'm in to coding myself. I know it will take time, a lot of time. But maybe this could be an idea for the future?
If those server with a own-anti-cheat-program would put there heads together, than maybe we could have a good substitute?

Also, I don't see tzac go online on Jaymod. Like Carnage implemented, newbies will need to download tzac and play with it.
1) You need to clear out somewhere that tzac is needed to play et (on jaymod).
2) tzac needs to configure their program to Jaymod settings.

Ok, maybe that isn't much to do. But it needs to happen if they want to go to Jaymod (which I also doubt).

My thoughts: We need a general anti-cheat program. Something that can be connected with other servers (like pb), and actually work proper.
Now we have a few servers that use an own anti-cheat program. And some really suck.

daredevil
5-10-2011, 13:35
Start disabling PB on your servers unless you want to loose players cos of no GUID.

[TfL]DeV!L
5-10-2011, 13:45
i think after evenbalance dont support anymore its better to disable pb and search or build a other cheat protection

but what about 2.55+ installed servers or Enhanced mod........all will be not supported i think ^^

stars*
5-10-2011, 13:59
No PB will eventually cause more problems on jaymod. Admins have eventually to decide if someone is cheating or not. And lots of admins are just terrible.

this is for sure. not only this. clans will have problems with setting admin levles. someone w/o etkey cant get admin. also, ppl can fake each other easily and you cant even check it anymore.

Anyone wanna make an own anti-cheatprogram and put it online? XD

Or maybe Trackbase can step up, and make one of it's own?
I know, I'm in to coding myself. I know it will take time, a lot of time. But maybe this could be an idea for the future?
If those server with a own-anti-cheat-program would put there heads together, than maybe we could have a good substitute?

Also, I don't see tzac go online on Jaymod. Like Carnage implemented, newbies will need to download tzac and play with it.
1) You need to clear out somewhere that tzac is needed to play et (on jaymod).
2) tzac needs to configure their program to Jaymod settings.

Ok, maybe that isn't much to do. But it needs to happen if they want to go to Jaymod (which I also doubt).

My thoughts: We need a general anti-cheat program. Something that can be connected with other servers (like pb), and actually work proper.
Now we have a few servers that use an own anti-cheat program. And some really suck.

The Problem is that this will be a hell of work. i think it will be a fulltimejob, if you wanna do a good job. you need to have solutions for guidspoofing, hacks, name stealers, some program for the server owner, a own server for all the information you will get...thats alot of time and money.

Yunglegend
5-10-2011, 14:22
Start disabling PB on your servers unless you want to loose players cos of no GUID.

I would never imagine you saying this but its the truth. This news is a slap in the face :(
Also PBBANS has also stopped support for ET and no more new bans will be made.

With the PB auth server offline no new GUID's will be generated and current ones will not have the age info anymore which effectively means this is the end of the line for PBBans support in ET.

Without the PB auth server the Hub will not add new bans.

carnage
5-10-2011, 14:35
To build an anti-cheat you need resources and help from people who are into coding for a living, literally lol.
The trackbase community is pretty big and gathers players from jaymod, as well as noquarter, etpub/silent, etpro, and so on. Not to mention many people donate money to keep it up. Something could be attempted to be done if the TB staff members themselves supported the idea. A sort of "trackbase anti-cheat" (tbac LOL!) isn't a totally absurd idea if it's done with the right intentions and resources. But even with total dedication it would take a lot of time to make it from scratch. If this hypotetical (and I repeat, hypotetical) trackbase anti-cheat for "fun"-mods was to be developed in collaboration with tzac, for example, you'd already have the backbone for a good anti-cheat.

Again that's just a thought. Maybe I'm going too far. :unsure:

stars*
5-10-2011, 14:35
hi dare,
will jay2 get the trackbase rating protection?

Spl@$h~
5-10-2011, 14:36
nah doubt that TB will try to do something .. there stuff planned which take a lot of time and still not done , so a new anti cheat protection would take months.

stars*
5-10-2011, 14:39
nah doubt that TB will try to do something .. there stuff planned which take a lot of time and still not done , so a new anti cheat protection would take months.

or many many more ppl who will help for free.

[TfL]DeV!L
5-10-2011, 15:09
ok we need an protection like pb was.......server files......for linux and windows.....and a automatic download for clients and no extra installition like tzac

its a good protection but most of all players dont want to download first and wait .....wait.........and then play........they want to connect.......and play directly.....any kicks and many downloads will scare them.

HellfiG
5-10-2011, 15:10
oh well, it was an idea.
Maybe we should try to post to clan forums, and ask for help?
There should be something we can do?

Paul
5-10-2011, 15:19
Trackbase does not have any sufficient programming skills to get a new anti-cheat off the ground. We do not have such knowledge.

A new tracking method is coming up very soon (that was the goal and still is, within 1 week now).
We were also planning to remove and kill the alternative cheat protection feature but it seems like we're gonna add this globally wide.

We're now in discussion with the trackbase team how we will support the continue of rating, expect a press release soon

[TfL]DeV!L
5-10-2011, 15:23
any infos for alternativ anticheat protection ??? links or something ???

daredevil
5-10-2011, 15:56
hi dare,
will jay2 get the trackbase rating protection?

Yes. I will ask Paul for it and for all other servers which I run.

I would never imagine you saying this but its the truth. This news is a slap in the face :(
Also PBBANS has also stopped support for ET and no more new bans will be made.

Yup, it's almost death to ET because of corporate BS. They will support wolfenstein which no one plays but will not support ET. That is freaking pathetic. Supporting dead game and not supporting played game? That sucks big time.

@Server Admins: Next version of silent mod will have subnet ban features in build. So keep an eye on our next RC release.

ibunforgiven
5-10-2011, 16:01
nice way of making little bit advertising for epic clan hehe.btw are u more concerned bout future of et or bout future of epic?as much as i see it and i already said it many times,servers like epic without any real protection against hackers are as good as expensive toilette paper:it might be expensive,but it s still toilette paper.don t get me wrong,but u really have no chance in tracking down all hackers unless u spend 24/7 watching closely ppl and u still going to make a lot of mistakes even so.yes pb not supporting et anymore is really bad news,and i more concern bout that than i m bout the alternative cheat protection epic server use which dont protect anything at all anyway.

Paul
5-10-2011, 16:04
If you need alternative cheatprotection get to me on xfire: trackbase

killfreak
5-10-2011, 16:07
r.i.p. et unless nq,jay,.. gonna be supported by tzac and if not most raters will get ban on every server for 'hack'

ibunforgiven
5-10-2011, 16:08
listen guys the way i see it yea indeed teribble news and so on...but in all evil is also a good thing,u just have to look closely and carefoully.u going to ask me how come:well,when i started to play et,i got from google the 2.55 installer,as many others did too of course.2 years later i found out about et pro and today as i ve seen/done enough in this game i can say is not that bad.what i m saying is pubbers try to play et pro,those who are hungry for rating,focus your energy in playing wars from quakenet irc.u going to see that the rush and excitement u have on a 6on6 war for example,when u are on ts3 or ventrilo with your mates,is by far more fun than running crazy to shoot as many as u can on a 64 slot server.don t get me wrong,i have a lot of respect for the big american and european clans that over time manage to keep up servers like that full,but if pb dont exist anymore,u dont have to turn this necessary into a drama.i m pretty sure many of u have special skills inside that u are not even aware of it.by playing et pro now with full tzac anticheat support on pubs or wars u going to experience a new level of et.and who knows maybe some day even a new release for et pro will be made.i m not saying kill jaymod,nitmod or nq...i m just saying find another way of playing it clean and having maximum fun.
et pro dont mean that only the "pro" have to play it.u can make it too...it s all up to you to decide what s best

stars*
5-10-2011, 16:12
nice way of making little bit advertising for epic clan hehe.btw are u more concerned bout future of et or bout future of epic?as much as i see it and i already said it many times,servers like epic without any real protection against hackers are as good as expensive toilette paper:it might be expensive,but it s still toilette paper.don t get me wrong,but u really have no chance in tracking down all hackers unless u spend 24/7 watching closely ppl and u still going to make a lot of mistakes even so.yes pb not supporting et anymore is really bad news,and i more concern bout that than i m bout the alternative cheat protection epic server use which dont protect anything at all anyway.

I dunno if you just are slow at thinking or still didnt got it, but there is no Server anymore with Protection. This is a rating Community, so of course we are concerned about where we can let our Members rate.

And btw, this is no Advertising for Epic Server. Its just the only Server with TB rating for non pb Server i know. If Jay2 will get it, i will tell everyone as well, cuz i like the Server alot and be active there.

And why should i be concerned about Epic?
I have a own Clan to care for lol Epic got great Leaders, nothing to worry about that.

carnage
5-10-2011, 16:14
ok we need an protection like pb was.......server files......for linux and windows.....and a automatic download for clients and no extra installition like tzac
PB comes with the default ET install, so you still have to install it in order to have it. The way you put it this supposed new anti-cheat would work as an addon, much like enhmod is, rather than a separated software... am I right? Would that even work?

Well anyway it seems people around here do not have sufficient knowledge to develop such a thing, too bad. I don't care THAT much about rating despite being in top 50 for some weeks already. I would just like ET to have a safe and working alternative ID-system to substitute the seemingly soon-to-be useless punkbuster GUID system. Of course I wish this community to run well for a long long time..

Anyway, don't say noPB servers are filled with cheaters, because it's not true (I played on one for a long time and I didn't see this insane amount). Of course, it's harder for a cheater to be detected in one of those, because you only have human eyes as an anti-cheat instrument. But that is more than enough 99% of the time, especially if the admins are actually skilled. It's too easy when an anti-cheat does all the job for you... we'll see now which admins are good enough to handle their duties.

I think more people will move on to tzac-etpro... or a whole different game.

Peace out.

ibunforgiven
5-10-2011, 16:22
u dont have to get on personal attacks.what i said about the type of servers like epic,i said it already many times in the past not only today,and for your understanding ,i m not saying this out of being mean or something.god forbidden,i ranned a nd server for 2 years so there s no way i m bad intended when i say that.i m just evolving and change my oppinions based on facts and experience that during time i achieved...video gaming or not.about the rating comunity,i respect everybody who put effort in showing his name on main page,but et is not all about rating mate...make sure before u secure the rating system,that u also secure a clean game and that u also keep et alive.with this being sad,i just want u to be sure i have nothing against u ,epic or any other no download server.as a matter of fact i suggest u read what i said on the other reply on this topic.

ibunforgiven
5-10-2011, 16:24
I think more people will move on to tzac-etpro... or a whole different game.

Peace out.

i sincerelly agree with you and i also hope that first not second part of your statement,will become reality.

stars*
5-10-2011, 16:30
u dont have to get on personal attacks.what i said about the type of servers like epic,i said it already many times in the past not only today,and for your understanding ,i m not saying this out of being mean or something.god forbidden,i ranned a nd server for 2 years so there s no way i m bad intended when i say that.i m just evolving and change my oppinions based on facts and experience that during time i achieved...video gaming or not.about the rating comunity,i respect everybody who put effort in showing his name on main page,but et is not all about rating mate...make sure before u secure the rating system,that u also secure a clean game and that u also keep et alive.with this being sad,i just want u to be sure i have nothing against u ,epic or any other no download server.as a matter of fact i suggest u read what i said on the other reply on this topic.

there are alot of admins with brains left who can caugh cheaters. clans with servers should train their admins more now in catching hackers, but i dont see a big problem yet. evenbalance and pb was okay, but since they stopped real bans and just kicked ppl with hacks, its not a real big support anyways. there was still many hacks left which eb and pb didnt caughed.

and why do you think the etpro community is so small? i know many jaymod players who know about etpro, but they just dont care and they dont like the mod. you wanna force everyone now to play on tzac server? thats bs in my eyes.

ibunforgiven
5-10-2011, 16:37
a lot of admins with brain yes...but just about few months ago when i was checking your forums or ia forums or ea forums ,and that s just one of the forums of jaymod clans i used to check,i saw at least every week one post about inocent players being banned,ussually et pro players.ok dont answer that...

now bout et pro comunity look man et pro ,jaymod,nq we all play same game,different variations.this might be a good thing,but now when et is a almost a death game this is kinda bad.history of humanity prooved that divided we fall,but together we can win being strong and resistant in time.just picture and imagine et as one mode,everybody playing it.how that would look?u going to say et pro huh?i m going to answer yes.why?i m not to much of an expert,but from what i understand talking with ppl that knows some stuff bout it,et pro even if it was not updated in 5 years,by the way is made is still very well and strong done:hitboxes,timing etc.also at this stage it seems is the only mode that got attention of one of the best coders in et to be supported by a powerfull anticheat.is tzac still having problems yes it does,but that s only natural.is not always the tzac fault,many times is cause of the user,his windows ,etc etc.in the end,is not my problem if you or others will believe me and try it as i did as well,6 months ago,or not.the choice is yours,all i m saying is that u have nothing to loose.

daredevil
5-10-2011, 16:51
@Server Admins who want to keep PB enabled can use this: pb_sv_GuidRelax 7

It will allow no GUID players but still keep PB on. I am testing around and if I find something working, I will share.

carnage
5-10-2011, 17:01
@ibunforgiven

I understand your point of view, but etpro is almost a standalone game/community seeing all the differences with Jaymod and Noquarter (and I don't mean simply gameplay-wise), to make an example. Now people who play this game at semi- or competitive level (from simple scrimming to serious tournaments) exclusively have my utmost respect, I understand their reasons perfectly because I see the fun in doing those things. But no way in hell I am going to ditch the pub mods only to focus solely on etpro. At least not now that I still have a choice. I like playing on Jay/NQ/etpub/silent servers because there is absolutely no pressure in playing the way I want. Not that etpro is not fun, but it doesn't have the same care-free feeling. When there'll be no good fun-mod servers I will completely focus on etpro, but it's not happening so soon. I think it's the same for many other people. Nothing forbids people to play every mod they want.

Still, I predict some people will have a different reaction and will simply head over to etpro. I do not blame them obviously. But I won't leave the other mods so easily.

Dragonji
5-10-2011, 17:14

It will allow no GUID players but still keep PB on. I am testing around and if I find something working, I will share.
It can work, my friend. If all mods get own GUID system then you will only need PB to kick people with clear detectable hax and then admins can do their job :)

ibunforgiven
5-10-2011, 18:48
@ibunforgiven

I understand your point of view, but etpro is almost a standalone game/community seeing all the differences with Jaymod and Noquarter (and I don't mean simply gameplay-wise), to make an example. Now people who play this game at semi- or competitive level (from simple scrimming to serious tournaments) exclusively have my utmost respect, I understand their reasons perfectly because I see the fun in doing those things. But no way in hell I am going to ditch the pub mods only to focus solely on etpro. At least not now that I still have a choice. I like playing on Jay/NQ/etpub/silent servers because there is absolutely no pressure in playing the way I want. Not that etpro is not fun, but it doesn't have the same care-free feeling. When there'll be no good fun-mod servers I will completely focus on etpro, but it's not happening so soon. I think it's the same for many other people. Nothing forbids people to play every mod they want.

Still, I predict some people will have a different reaction and will simply head over to etpro. I do not blame them obviously. But I won't leave the other mods so easily.

what pressure u have on et pro publics?can t u play there simply as u want?please give me details why u think this.
yes,i did not said or mentioned anything bout pressure on people to play the mods.is not about looking and thinkin at this problem in this way.there is nothing to pressure about,is just about saving a game and doing something constructive with the time that u spend anyway playing this game.And think about something else:the high skill players that plays on jaymod for rating...i m pretty sure they would be one of the finest in et pro pubs or wars.And tzac is also enabled for rating,so is not this just a huge lost of time and talent?

Paul
5-10-2011, 19:52
Another press update: we are in a hurry of coding some updates: we are going to enable rate on ALL servers. Servers known for botting will be blacklisted and taken out for rating.

carnage
5-10-2011, 20:30
what pressure u have on et pro publics?
I wasn't talking about etpro public servers at all, but about semi/competitive etpro in general.
Public etpro servers differ from other mods public servers as in there are slightly more skilled players overall and generally the settings are more challenging, but nothing much aside from that. Maybe I should mention there are more egotards and 12 year olds than on other places, but that's something you already know. This is a turn off to many NQ/Jaymod/etc. players and I personally think people shouldn't get stuck on that aspect of the mod, because it has much more to offer. Don't get me wrong when I talk about pressure: I was talking about "serious" gaming there. Pub etpro offers a good chance to train your aim and experiment settings and various techniques, but aside from that... not much.

Anyway, I won't talk about this here anymore because I fear we're going way off topic. And I've run out of things to say.

relic
5-10-2011, 21:38
if im not misstaken the guid is provided by pbguidauth.idsoftware.com and that is not provided by evenbalance?
so no problem to get new etkey. as for pb support for et that was dropped years ago :)

ibunforgiven
5-10-2011, 21:41
mate one last question for you:what stops the people that miss punkbuster this difficult times,to start new and fresh et pro publics with tzac protection and nice settings and admin mode to have control over anything :D?dont answer that,have a nice evening

Dragonji
5-10-2011, 22:57
ETPro has no shrubbot, and ETAdmin has a lot of exploits. This is the so called "control over anything"? Really, mate, please, don't make a heaven for fun players from the whole ETPro community...

Kwizlord
5-10-2011, 23:03
pb is developed and all was build on it, like its posted on news. This should be solved. Atleast with runing it, even if there wouldn't be any updates. I have contacted evenbalance about pb auth server i would provide server for et if needed. But i doubt they will even respond or agree with giving me the necessary scripts etc. Tzac will not be developing for et yet since it was done and they are doing it on other games. Atleast pb auth server would help with keeping servers as they are, but then we would also need to open community like was evenbalance and respond on tickets for that matter from bannage from pbbans, ggc, gv etc. it would be hard work but if more people would like (expirienced with pb) that would keep et like it was. But that is a big IF. Developing new anti cheat and itergrating it in et as main stream would be the best. But where are c++ programers for that matter, that would take a lot of time and if servers get full of cheaters, half of servers will drop from et very soon. And people would play only on etpro. There would be good that someone would know how to offer a good solution. And anyway it isnt the end of the world, but it SUX that evenbalance did that and that all people were doing their stuff on guids and pb relayed infos. That would be needed to rebuild if pb thingy cant be solved.

Regards

stars*
6-10-2011, 07:34
a lot of admins with brain yes...but just about few months ago when i was checking your forums or ia forums or ea forums ,and that s just one of the forums of jaymod clans i used to check,i saw at least every week one post about inocent players being banned,ussually et pro players.ok dont answer that...

now bout et pro comunity look man et pro ,jaymod,nq we all play same game,different variations.this might be a good thing,but now when et is a almost a death game this is kinda bad.history of humanity prooved that divided we fall,but together we can win being strong and resistant in time.just picture and imagine et as one mode,everybody playing it.how that would look?u going to say et pro huh?i m going to answer yes.why?i m not to much of an expert,but from what i understand talking with ppl that knows some stuff bout it,et pro even if it was not updated in 5 years,by the way is made is still very well and strong done:hitboxes,timing etc.also at this stage it seems is the only mode that got attention of one of the best coders in et to be supported by a powerfull anticheat.is tzac still having problems yes it does,but that s only natural.is not always the tzac fault,many times is cause of the user,his windows ,etc etc.in the end,is not my problem if you or others will believe me and try it as i did as well,6 months ago,or not.the choice is yours,all i m saying is that u have nothing to loose.

Dont whine about personal attacks. You piss off alot of ppl with your way and the ignorant things you sometimes say, so dont be suprised that some will give it back to you.

And what do you mean, with...you checked my forums and found a ban of someone innocent being banned?
Dude, i have a private ETpro server for ctrl scrim teams, and no one is banned on them yet, also a Server with TJ Mod, so i dunno why you think i ban ppl innocent ppl.
And also, you are so pro that you never have banned someone whos innocent? I have seen too many "pro's" getting banned and unbanned cuz they are "so good", find many nice words to "explain" and being on published netcoders lists some time later. Now it will be even harder to bust hackers and cheaters. Not even the worst nub with the oldest bot ever will have any fear to play on servers.

TZAC is good, yes, but its not the end resolution. They already have problems with ID spoofing and shit and it takes them a hell of time to do anything or answer about Problems. Just imagine 1000 jaymod player register there...will be chaos pure. etpro community is much smaller than jay/NQ/pub/silent.

stars*
6-10-2011, 07:35

How do bans work now if player will have no etkey anymore?

Kwizlord
6-10-2011, 10:26
simple as that, they dont. What can you ban is you can ban only old guids. New ones (without guids), well they could be banned by ip, but not by guid. I got response from evenbalance about pb guid auth server, they sayed i should ask activision about it and i did. We will see if they are really giving end to pb for et. If they will, new anticheat needs to be developed, i would help with site and with all my knowledge about anything.

p.s. ofcourse if you decide to not let in people without guids, dont disable pb :) this might be opportunity for less cheaters, but also then there wouldnt be new players in et.

Regards

equaLz
6-10-2011, 11:08
Just make a ETkey for your members :)
Its simple.

Regards,
AlCapOne.

ibunforgiven
6-10-2011, 12:27
u have ref command or the vote system.ussually on the et pro publics there are good et admin mods installed like on hirntot for example,but also ppl are organised as they play nicely.

ibunforgiven
6-10-2011, 12:36
Dont whine about personal attacks. You piss off alot of ppl with your way and the ignorant things you sometimes say, so dont be suprised that some will give it back to you.

And what do you mean, with...you checked my forums and found a ban of someone innocent being banned?
Dude, i have a private ETpro server for ctrl scrim teams, and no one is banned on them yet, also a Server with TJ Mod, so i dunno why you think i ban ppl innocent ppl.
And also, you are so pro that you never have banned someone whos innocent? I have seen too many "pro's" getting banned and unbanned cuz they are "so good", find many nice words to "explain" and being on published netcoders lists some time later. Now it will be even harder to bust hackers and cheaters. Not even the worst nub with the oldest bot ever will have any fear to play on servers.

TZAC is good, yes, but its not the end resolution. They already have problems with ID spoofing and shit and it takes them a hell of time to do anything or answer about Problems. Just imagine 1000 jaymod player register there...will be chaos pure. etpro community is much smaller than jay/NQ/pub/silent.

Where exactly i whine?i hear so often this word but i have a question:do u understand what whine really means?it means when i m unhappy about a thing you or some1 else did and i come to tell u that u should not do that cause is not faire .I haven t whine unless i really had reasons.

did i pissed a lot of people?i m sorry did u said people?cause i thaught i pissed a lot of teenagers?yes that s the correct term,during this all time i played et the most common type of players i met was teeangers age 13-18.is kinda difficult to talk/deal with them,we all know what secret powers of manipulating your brain the internet does,and u know what?i m really glad i pissed the little mugs and i will continue to piss them as much as i can from now on.but i suggest we go back on the subject here.

i look forward for the day when 1000 ppl from other mods will register on tzac and i will do my best to help them if they have any problems,as i already tried to do many times via xfire,irc or even the slac website,and also via you tube with the tutorials i made.

what exactly u did to help the noobs in et?u dont have hours of playing et ,as i do of not playing but helping the young peeps i meet in 2 years of jaymod from installing et to simple cmd like /rate 25000.can u imagine that?and i dont brag,i just speak what happend.instead of criticizing me for pissing some retards,u should concentrate on what really matter.

and as for the others no matter if u want or not to admit it:the competitional side of et is what it kept it alive so many years.u think my nephew would have been so anxious to play football with his friends as often as possible if he would not be a fanatic suporter of bayern munchen and watching all their games?is the competition rush and adrenaline that bringed a lot of ppl including your trully ctrl team into et pro and u know it...without et pro and the matches and the gtv and the lans and all that i doubt there would have been any jaymod,nq,silent ...etc.and that comes from a guy who i repeat played jaymod for 2 years,and was not a big fan of et pro....until i actually started to play some scrims regullary

stars*
6-10-2011, 14:52
Just make a ETkey for your members :)
Its simple.

Regards,
AlCapOne.

I think we cant get etkeys anymore? And also, one etkey for a whole clan?

stars*
6-10-2011, 14:55

Can we have a Userignore or something like that? And you dont need to answer, this question is not for you

equaLz
6-10-2011, 15:26
I think we cant get etkeys anymore? And also, one etkey for a whole clan?
No,

Just edit a etkey, change numbers and you will have a complete new GUID & ID.
This is 100 % safe against GUID stealers, because the numbers are different between ETkey and ET itself.

Regards,
AlCapOne.

davn
6-10-2011, 16:37
Tzac doesn't exist in final version yet, there is no client for linux, neither for mac and it is bugged on windows, some people cannot even install it on windows because of data loading bug.

I use it anyway because i want to play in the ESL ladder but this is not an alternative to punkbuster while i need to start windows exclusively for it.

Punkbuster still exists because we can create etkeys or use old one but it will be outdated in the future anyway. It is needed to finish the development of tzac for all mods and platforms.

harlekin
6-10-2011, 16:56
With "pb_sv_noguidgrace 0" players without key wont get kicked.

To create a new key you could use a simple batch file like this:
echo Date: %DATE% Time: %TIME% User: %USERNAME% Hostname: %COMPUTERNAME% OS: %OS% CPU: %Processor_Identifier% CPU Arch: %Processor_Architecture% Cores: %Number_Of_Processors% CPU Rev: %Processor_Revision% CPU Level: %Processor_Level% Key: %RANDOM%%RANDOM%%RANDOM%%RANDOM%%RANDOM%%RANDOM%%R ANDOM%%RANDOM% >>etkey

The content of the etkey will be uniqe and looks like that:
Date: 06.10.2011 Time: 11:21:27,92 User: XXXX Hostname: XXXX OS: Windows_NT CPU: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10, GenuineIntel CPU Arch: AMD64 Cores: 2 CPU Rev: 170a CPU Level: 6 Key: 8520869304115926136983156860617966

Thats no big deal and other informations could be easy added.

And who knows if you edit an existing key you could create a duplicate of a existing (of course only one you created before)

Well i could be wrong and this is only a simple idea. We are still looking for a solution for our own gameserver.

ibunforgiven
6-10-2011, 17:15
Can we have a Userignore or something like that? And you dont need to answer, this question is not for you

i haven t post that nowhere on this topic.all your replies at my comments are not actually replies,but more like tourette syndrom reactions of a kid frustrated cause he lost his favourite toy.i see u are a donator for this website and that is something to respect,but the respect stops there.as much as for the things u say and the way u say it ,by concentrating on personal attacks against me,won t help u or others to much i can assure u of that.

if u find out about userignore let me know,it would be good to apply it on yourself.

Dragonji
6-10-2011, 17:37
i look forward for the day when 1000 ppl from other mods will register on tzac
It's not possible at these times when TZAC supports only ETPro :)

And BTW, the reason why "fun/rating players" or server admins (because we are still talking about them?) don't change their "fun mods" (Jay/NQ/ETPub etc.) to ETPro is simple - ETPro cannot offer as much as "fun mods" can for "fun players" and/or admins :)

The last thing, ETPro is not supported anymore which means no new features, no new fixes etc...

[DIABOLIK]$mart
6-10-2011, 20:15
but maybe addons like KMOD on etpro permits fun things like double-jump, fastfire, etc ???

Spl@$h~
6-10-2011, 23:02
Check that

ETKEY.org (http://etkey.org/) is working now
But: The there generated ETKEYs are only valid on server not remanding a min GUID age.

Kwizlord
7-10-2011, 00:37
hmhh i wonder why is it saving etkey as lua file

stars*
7-10-2011, 07:19
$mart;9245']but maybe addons like KMOD on etpro permits fun things like double-jump, fastfire, etc ???
I dont think that will ever happen. I like etpro for what it is and i think most etpro player would agree, its clean (clean=no vsayshit, no adren, no dj, smaller hitboxes) and simple et.

[TfL]DeV!L
7-10-2011, 08:58
schnoog the owner from Wolffiles and Splatterladder buildet a little site where anyone can generate a etkey.

That he writes :

ETKEY.org (http://etkey.org/) is working now. (but a more than ugly design)

I`m looking for someone interessted in design a single page with the request button in html / css / whatever...
Don`t hesitate to contact me

But:
The there generated ETKEYs are only valid on server not remanding a min GUID age.

SRY saw your posts too late :D

Paul
7-10-2011, 12:44
Here you can easily create a GUID, later today there will be a program which auto sets it :)

http://www.etkey.net/

Paul
7-10-2011, 13:31
UPDATE: You can now also save your etkey HERE (http://et.trackbase.net/?mod=keys) :)

Dookie
7-10-2011, 14:17
awesome guys :)