PDA

View Full Version : Tag / name abuse

Petbark
22-08-2011, 21:33
Hi all

There is a server out that is currently using our tags without permision and with that names of respected clan members.

If an admin could pm me I will give details I just do not want to encourage anything over the forum.

Spl@$h~
22-08-2011, 21:45
Well feel free to share the link , then we can see which names are used on it :)
Stuff like that need to be public to give an example ... or to help others if they have the same problem

Petbark
22-08-2011, 22:43
This is the server I am talking about http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=serverinfo&idx=27065

The leaders were banned from our server at |ABC| before they could start recruiting on our servers and with a few days they had their server up and had bots playing on there with several names of active |ABC| members..

Since it was first noticed they have increased the number of bots with our tags on.

If you look at who plays on the server you will see what i mean.

|ABC| Iceman has been allleggidly playing on that server for over 24 hrs But how when he was on his clan server for a few hours last night.

I know this is a difficult thing to deal with but I am looking for support over this and as far as I understand goes against any gaming manners.

Their clan |BwV| is in no way associated with |ABC| and |ABC| wishes to keep it that way.

If you want any more feed back let me know and I could get some of the |ABC| clan to give you their opinions on the matter.

Jkildu and Glitter, as I understand it, are the clan founders for |BwV| and claimed to have founded |ABC| at the start but this info is wrong and they never were founders.

Their server is hosted by Gameservers. I have been in contact with them but they are unwilling to help and say that there is nothing they can do.

We at |ABC| appreciate your time and any assistance that you can offer.

For your info I have raised the matter of this with another tracking site who have supported us with this and stopped tracking that server.

|ABC| Petbark

|ABC| Clan Leader.

Spl@$h~
23-08-2011, 00:22
Yeah i totally get it and it's not the first time it's happening.
I know ABC clan for long back to 2005 used to play there a lot.
Anyway i checked player stats and noticed few ABC members but none of them except you , has his name reserved.
Note that on trackbase , if you have your name reserved , you can use Playlock option which will disable your name from rating if activated and tracker will not recognize him.
Then there is colortags , im not gonna explain you how its working , since its similar to splatterladder .

So if you want/wanted to stop that , you could have told to your mates to reserve their nick and use playlock/colortags.
and also avoid name stealing.( just for infos)
Now we dont anything in rules saying its not allowed to put existing random names for bots. ( but we are gonne change that soon , several points will be updated with the new tracking system)

In the meantime im gonna disable that server due to the reasons you gave.
When everything will be fixed on his side with normal bots names , we will enable it again.

Jkildu or Glitter , feel free to pm me when everything will be fixed , to get your server enabled.

EDIT: forget about playlock thing , what i meant isn't done yet .Acutally even if you use it name is still tracked/recognized .

If there is anything else , feel free to share !