PDA

View Full Version : [ SOLVED] Alternative cheatprotection?

HK_Delirium
19-10-2010, 17:14
Hi!

On trackbase, I've seen some servers which are using an "alternative cheatprotection", like the F|A servers (http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=serverinfo&idx=6 for example).
What are the cheatprotection softwares recognized by Trackbase?

Paul
19-10-2010, 17:43
Hi!

On trackbase, I've seen some servers which are using an "alternative cheatprotection", like the F|A servers (http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=serverinfo&idx=6 for example).
What are the cheatprotection softwares recognized by Trackbase?

Currently TB only recognizes Punkbuster (PB) and Speedlink anti-cheat (SLAC)... F|A is using some custom anti-cheat system while they are having punkbuster problems. Therefor, for F|A #2 there has been set an 'alternative cheatprotection'

Hope this informs,

Paul

HK_Delirium
20-10-2010, 14:23
Thanks for the answer Paul :top:.

R3ap4r
23-10-2010, 12:26
So, the servers using the NQ mod 1.2.9 will have the same designation i suppose?

1.2.9 has an built in anti-cheat protection, as some servers have problems with PB aswell.

tOrM
24-10-2010, 08:02
nah is more like, FA servers have a LOT of admins very trustable ppl who go against cheaters, dont think the NQ built in protection will be recognized as anti cheat , unless it proves it can detect some hacks/cheats , etc.

Dragonji
1-11-2010, 00:55
Hello mates,

I'm really disappointed because of one issue. How is it possible two =F|A= servers are ranked when there are no cheatprotection (I mean PB is disabled)? Servers have status Alternative cheatprotection. In fact there can play cheaters and their sessions will be ranked. Isn't it unfair to the other servers where PB is disabled? IMO it is...

We all know the most of servers are PB-protected only becouse of trackers...

Paul
1-11-2010, 01:00
Hello mates,

I'm really disappointed because of one issue. How is it possible two =F|A= servers are ranked when there are no cheatprotection (I mean PB is disabled)? Servers have status Alternative cheatprotection. In fact there can play cheaters and their sessions will be ranked. Isn't it unfair to the other servers where PB is disabled? IMO it is...

Point is never-ever 1 cheater succeeded in hacking a full round on F|A because there are just continouly admins online :)
If other servers can provide the same, sure it'll work the same.

R3ap4r
3-11-2010, 01:03
Hello mates,

So, if i can get a server running, with a few people that have nothing to do in real life,
except, banning/kicking people that THEY think are cheating is a valid reason for being included into the stats overall?

Jeeses, this seems, no it is favourtisme towards a clan/server.

Untill otherwise, no pB, no ranking.

If God tells me that one particular server has the right, (and i don't care how much admins are online)
in this case FA servers, what reason or proof u have as site admin that THEY are above anyone else?
Furthermore, who are u to judge that their servers are included and the rest excluded from the ranking?

Otherwise, get a ranking, difference between Jmod, NQ, ETPRO.

daredevil
3-11-2010, 06:14
So, the servers using the NQ mod 1.2.9 will have the same designation i suppose?

1.2.9 has an built in anti-cheat protection, as some servers have problems with PB aswell.

@ NQ built in anti cheat protection. No more comments.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4373/nqfyi.png

So, if i can get a server running, with a few people that have nothing to do in real life,
except, banning/kicking people that THEY think are cheating is a valid reason for being included into the stats overall?

Jeeses, this seems, no it is favourtisme towards a clan/server.

Untill otherwise, no pB, no ranking.

If God tells me that one particular server has the right, (and i don't care how much admins are online)
in this case FA servers, what reason or proof u have as site admin that THEY are above anyone else?
Furthermore, who are u to judge that their servers are included and the rest excluded from the ranking?

Otherwise, get a ranking, difference between Jmod, NQ, ETPRO.

Paul, clearly said, if he thinks another clan can shows they are actively banning cheaters, he would do same for other clans also. So, I am not sure where he is doing favoritism to few or many clans.

I would suggest, servers streaming to PBBans should be only ranked.

Any server not streaming to PBBans, shouldn't be ranked.
http://www.pbbans.com/master-stream-index.html

Otherwise, get a ranking, difference between NON streaming servers and Streaming servers.

Le_Furet
25-11-2010, 02:57
It's very good to add GGC Straming, PBBAN Streaming and GameViolation Streaming like PunkBuster and SLAC =)

For view server is streaming on GGC : http://www.ggc-stream.com/search/server/wwo

PS : GV is off ATM I think ...

Patriot
8-12-2010, 08:38
Point is never-ever 1 cheater succeeded in hacking a full round on F|A because there are just continouly admins online :)
If other servers can provide the same, sure it'll work the same.

That sounds to be so not true, and can ofcourse not be proved.

Sounds weird imo. get a ranking system that works on clear and proven Anticheat protection, like servers streaming to pbbans, punksbusted or gameviolatione etc etc

This way your doing here, trusting some random admin that he/they are superbusters always on alert is just.............................................. ...

Skilled players using bought hax can be almost undetectable, and with pbss/pb etc its just wtf.

and a good morning to you to

Ripjaw
8-12-2010, 12:38
Does anyone know if SLAC is going to be made avalable on jaymod??

Dragonji
8-12-2010, 16:49
For Jaymod not, but I know that it's going to support NQ.

Spl@$h~
31-12-2010, 19:55
Alternative cheat protection was just for the beginning when TB started.
There is no more problems with PB so no more alternative cheat protection.
If you have any questions , please start a new topic.

//closed