PDA

View Full Version : A Call For All Android And Windows Mobile Users ! : TrackBase Mobile

Shagileo
20-07-2011, 17:57
Hi there, Trackers !

I currently developed a new app for 2 mobile OS: Android and Windows. Since I don't have any of both at my disposal, I kindly ask to try out our TrackBase Mobile app on your phone (if you have one or both OS).

I could only test the app virtually, but it would be great to hear if it's working for you as well !
Be sure to leave your experiences in this thread so I can see if it's working or not.

Thanks again and enjoy our FREE APP !

(original news item):

A call for all Android and Windows Mobile users ! We are currently testing the following item :

TrackBase is going for the next step ! For all those Android and Windows * based mobile phone users we have great news :

TrackBase is now available in a handy app FOR FREE.

All you have to do is select your OS below and download the application.
All the fresh news and Twitter entries we have, are now bundled together in this handy app, so you can stay tracked wherever you are** !

PLEASE READ THE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT - (http://filebase.trackbase.net/TB_apps/TrackBase Mobile – End User License Agreement.pdf)

Without further delay, we present to you: TrackBase Mobile

Android

If you have an Android OS, download the app here (http://filebase.trackbase.net/TB_apps/TrackBase__bld_95294_Ver_2_ecd25347c883053dd2366c9 9b6d7b996.apk)
By downloading this app, you agreed to the EULA of TB Mobile

Windows

If you have a Windows OS, download the app here (http://filebase.trackbase.net/TB_apps/TrackBase__bld_95297_Ver_2_afdc7a20d7812b8b1902296 4e225bb4b.xap)
By downloading this app, you agreed to the EULA of TB Mobile

Be sure to share your thoughts and experiences !

Notes:

* : Only Android and Windows OS are supported. iPhone version could not be implemented. Read EULA for more information

** : Internet acquired to update RSS feeds

NHLfan
20-07-2011, 20:11
Awesome a TB App!

But if I start the app, I get a blank page (I guess it should show WET+TB News).
Clicking on WET+TB News also shows only a blank, white page.
Clicking on TB Twitter shows the TB tweets, but I can't go back to WET+TB News (it only re-loads the tweets)

tested on Android 2.3.4 / Nexus S

Shagileo
20-07-2011, 20:15
Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into this :)

Shagileo
20-07-2011, 23:53
@ NHLFan:

Do you see the splash page when opening the app ? (the little page after you click on the app with the TrackBase mobile logo?)
Anyway, I prepared an update - hopefully it will work for you then - otherwise, I'll find another way :)

Any others tried the app ?

giriel
23-07-2011, 00:08
Tested it as well on android 2.3.3 htc wildfire s.
Splash screen works, the rest is similar to NHLFan's description.

Romi
25-07-2011, 03:14
Is it on some of andriod markets ? If yes can you post the url ?

Shagileo
25-07-2011, 03:37
Hi Romi,

It should be on the android market, since the service I use states it's the fact. However, I've not been able to "track" it down on the AM (Andorid Market).
At this time, we're hosting the app ourselves - so no fishy things should occur.

On a side note, I created an update to the previous Android version of the app. I tried to fix the RSS feed for the TB Home news.
I'll test it out once again first on an emulator, then I'll release it

EDIT: I'm sorry, it won't work on my emulator (sloppy emulator), but I'll release this update nonetheless - maybe you guys could give it a try once again?

Make sure to delete the previous version first

Update:

If you have an Android OS, download the app here (http://filebase.trackbase.net/TB_apps/TrackBase__bld_96639_Ver_4_1125855a2b27c1a1ab8a8b6 d5023fc5f.apk)

Note: the update isn't posted on the Homepage yet - so you can always download the previous version.
Thanks again guys for the feedback

Oh and another little question: do you see the TB Wolf ET banner ?

giriel
25-07-2011, 09:05
Ok tried it out. Rss aint working but the banner is present .

Adrian
25-07-2011, 11:41
Nice man really good work as soon as i get a new phone i will check this out mate keep on going :)

Shagileo
25-07-2011, 14:31
Ok tried it out. Rss aint working but the banner is present .

Thank you for testing !

I'll see once again what I can do :)

Romi
25-07-2011, 16:43
Well, I tested it and I see only NEWS but not sure if its updated. Banner work, but RSS not. But good, your taking your time with this. GL

giriel
25-07-2011, 19:20
No problem at all. It seems very interesting might look into Android programming myself one of these days.

Adrian
26-07-2011, 01:31
will this work with blackberry curve ??

Shagileo
26-07-2011, 02:25
will this work with blackberry curve ??

Not sure, it's an android app and windows app (the versions on the HP)

@ rest: alright, thanks for the feedback :)

NHLfan
13-08-2011, 19:37
Hi again,

I now tried the version from this post (http://forum.trackbase.net/threads/682-A-Call-For-All-Android-And-Windows-Mobile-Users-!-TrackBase-Mobile?p=7496&viewfull=1#post7496).
The twitter feed is working, but the TB feed is not working, it shows me a blank, white space

Shagileo
13-08-2011, 20:18
Thanks for reporting. Maybe it's something with the TB feed itself, should talk to Paul about that,
Since the app is only using rss feed.

Ah well, I'll look into an update later as well.

Thanks again for giving it a try !

Shownie
19-08-2011, 13:33
Ok I tested this app, finaly.

Some feedbacks; I can only see the twitter feeds. News shows me a white page. New banner should be applied :P Since this one is same as the website and is sooo small. Anyways it seams like a very promising app!

Shagileo
30-08-2011, 04:02
Hey guys !

Thanks to your feedback, I decided to edit the TB Mobile app here and there, and once again - before we go global - I'd like to ask for your help.
Here's the latest (newest !) version:

Download (http://filebase.trackbase.net/TB_apps/TrackBase__bld_108975_Ver_5_4618e8f07cb1e7d31024b6 d1b0ff6e52.apk)

What's new (and should be tested :) ) :

- Splash Damage ® Feed : news related to Splash Damage ® and their games
- Wolf: ET vids: a series of YouTube selected Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory videos. Sit back, relax and enjoy the show
- Send Feedback : any requests ? Feel free to send it with your mobile phone !

Please check everything once again and report any irregularities. I removed the ET news section, since it didn't work.
Thanks again for your efforts, with your feedback I'll be able to make an app suitable to 'everyone's ' taste :)

ps.: at this time, I haven't had the chance to change the banner yet, sorry for that - showman :embrassed:

Shagileo
1-09-2011, 01:00
*bump*

Maybe it was a bit ditched away - but I'd love to hear some feedback :)
thank you

Mew
1-09-2011, 18:54
Great, All is needed is a Android Port of ET for fragging on the Go

Shagileo
1-09-2011, 19:39
Did you give our app a try?
IF so, how is it working ?

lyrics11
4-09-2011, 21:15
why its not for blackberry:S

plz make it for blackberry to?

Shagileo
5-09-2011, 05:04
First I need to make sure Android is going, then I'll port it over to Windows mobile
Not sure if I can make it for blackberry as well, I'll look into that

But I still need some feedback from the latest app version :D (pretty please ? )

Shagileo
6-09-2011, 16:57
Last day before I go global, I assume everything is working like a charm

Then a Windows mobile version will be released as well

Shownie
6-09-2011, 17:20
I am testing the app!

Review coming asap! Sorry for the delay!

giriel
7-09-2011, 23:01
Omg can't believe I missed the update :s
It works great !
Great job Shagileo !

Shagileo
8-09-2011, 02:49
Omg can't believe I missed the update :s
It works great !
Great job Shagileo !

Pfew good to hear that :embrassed:
I was living in fear every day, because I thought things would go wrong again - but at least it's working for you :D

I hope showner can give another little feedback (and everyone else is very welcome too of course! ) so I can release it to the public

Thanks for giving it a try !

(I also got your feedback message, thanks a bunch ! ! )

Ripjaw
8-09-2011, 08:57
How do i install this on my phone? I have the HTC HD7 (windows phone) i got no clue how to get the damn thing on there, i presume its not actually on the marketplace as of yet?

giriel
8-09-2011, 11:27
Nope it isn't, if you go to this website through your phone's browser you can click on the link within Shagileo's post.
It'll start downloading and install itself.

Ripjaw
8-09-2011, 12:45
n1 ill try now :)

Shagileo
8-09-2011, 13:34
Please note that the latest windows built is still the buggy one (with the news not loading properly).
I'll make another built with the updated version, but thanks for giving it a try !

Ripjaw
8-09-2011, 14:41
I came on the site with my phone and clicked the dl link as instructed, and got this error msg. Windows phone doesn't support .xap files. :S

Shagileo
9-09-2011, 02:35
Oh that's strange. I personally don't have a windows mobile phone, but a quick google search brought me to this:
http://www.wp7forum.com/windows-mobile-store/wp7-registry-editor/

Maybe your phone re-locked itself? (I have no clue what it means, though - but maybe you have a clue ? )

Anyways, I'm about to make a windows built - it will be xap - but maybe it works then?

Thanks for giving it a try, though !

Ripjaw
9-09-2011, 09:19
I'll try and figure it out shags, theres alot of tech speak on that link lol, i'll reg on the forum and ask for help in plain english :D

I didnt even know the phone could lock itself or not. i'll let you know how i get on, then give some feedback on your app :)

Shownie
13-09-2011, 23:31
Why no TB news?

Otherwise it works like a sharm. Still could use some work with the graphics :)

Shagileo
14-09-2011, 02:03
Why no TB news?

Otherwise it works like a sharm. Still could use some work with the graphics :)

The TB news feed doesn't connect properly and I haven't found a fix for that yet.
Also, can't do much about them gfx - the only thing I can edit is the banner and the logo's, but those can be edited in a later release. Thanks for trying it out !

Shagileo
11-10-2011, 18:57
Since our RSS feed has been fixed, I thought I'd give it another try to implement our news section in our app

Once again, I kindly ask our generous Android users to test this latest build :

TB Android app v.6 (http://filebase.trackbase.net/TB_apps/TrackBase__bld_124078_Ver_6_afe5ed32b6f51abff25d55 f7e3db7dac.apk)

This time, it's important to test the feed section. Hopefully the white screen is gone now.
Please share your experience here, thanks a very great bunch guys !

If this works, our app will go global

Shagileo
15-10-2011, 19:40
Little Bump

I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks ! :)

giriel
15-10-2011, 19:52
This topic seems to hide itself from me I always miss it :P
For me the section based upon the rss doesn't work, I get no news displayed :(

Shagileo
16-10-2011, 18:19
Aarw, too bad
No biggie, I'll stick to the previous build

Thanks for testing !

giriel
16-10-2011, 18:27
Yea it's strange.
Every time I refresh the news I see my internet connection receiving and sending messages but they don't appear?
The blank page is still there.

Shagileo
17-10-2011, 00:14
The news page is cursed :p

Doesn't matter, I think the previous build gives enough goodies for the time being, moaaar can be added in the future.
TBM will go global once again real soon

Koiranpentu
17-10-2011, 00:22
Question about iOS version.. Is that 99$ per year for getting app to App Store or why?