PDA

View Full Version : dyno timer lua???

Jemstar
27-06-2011, 13:20
now that we go lua loading scripts I need one that works!! Does any one know where I can find a ready to go Dynamite counter that will work..i.e displays image of dyno on screen and a countdown clock to explosion?

The ones i have tried dont seem to do anything :(

running nq1.2.9_b6

Thanks,
Jem.

Dragonji
27-06-2011, 15:14
i.e displays image of dyno on screen and a countdown clock to explosion?
There are only simple ones, with text notification only AFAIK.

Here you go:
http://nitmod.com/downloads/lua/dynamite_counter.lua

Jemstar
28-06-2011, 11:16
Thanks Dragon, I hav tried this one and nothing prints to screen, is there some script I need to edit? I tried puting "nq" in:

if et.trap_Cvar_Get("gamename") == "etpro" then
CHAT = "b 8"
POPUP = "etpro"
else
CHAT = "chat"
POPUP = "nq"

But still nothing, also tried CHAT = "b 32"

I am new to all this but was hoping it would work perfectly first time lol

Jem.

Dragonji
12-07-2011, 19:47
Well, I asked on N!tmod forums, but nobody responded. Anyway, I'm sure I've seen the dynocounter script working on NQ servers.

Maybe try with the original one by Necromancer?
http://gs2175.fastdl.de/Lua/dynamitecounter.lua

There is a part:

if et.trap_Cvar_Get("gamename") == "etpro" then
CHAT = "b 8"
POPUP = "etpro"
else
CHAT = "chat"
POPUP = "etpub"

Perhaps the script will work when you change "etpub" to "nq", but I didn't test it.

Shagileo
13-07-2011, 00:47
I know ETNam has got a dyna counter displaying in the HUD area - but you have to ask the dev team for further assistance:
www.etnam.org

Jemstar
17-07-2011, 03:25
Thanks guys for replies!! Have necromancers and the one above, tried various combinations of where to print and what game type. Atm it loads fully i.e. when type /lua_status it shows as loaded with mod name(previously loaded but with no mod name) so feel are getting closer. Will keep playing around with it...I'm determined lol!!
Thanks again for the advice/feedback..sure it will be something real simple in the end!!

Jemstar
23-07-2011, 03:50
Back Again!!

The Vetinari's dynamite.lua loads fully just doesnt print messages: Vetinari's dynamite.lua version 1.0 activated...

have tried all these:

dynamite.lua

This is a server side dynamite timer script. The messages will be sent to all clients who enabled the messages. The default of sending / not sending the timer messages are set by the server admin, see the cl_default setting in the script.

A client can set it's default (on/off) by setting +setu v_dynatimer 1 or +setu v_dynatimer 0 as command line argument for et ... or with the \setu v_dynatimer 1/0 command... but that will not (de-)activate immediately

Timers can be enabled for the current connection with the client command \dynatimer 1 or disabled with \dynatimer 0.

From wolfwiki.

If i try /dynatimer 1 or \dynatimer 1, I get message unkown cmd! Do I need to set up a lua command to activate the script?

No not all that important but would really like it to work dam it!!! lol

Thanks for any input!!

Jem.

Jemstar
23-07-2011, 15:34
LOL Woohoo I got necromancer's to work finally!!!! Thanks dragon and shagileo for your inputs, tried so many things was about to give up then the dam thing works!!!