PDA

View Full Version : servers with no teamdamage

mojo.et
17-10-2010, 00:30
ahoi,

imo you should exclude servers from ranking, which have turned FF off.

too much laming there, same at sl.

the biggest lamo servers are FRANCECLAN[WOOD] and F|A BEGINNERS XPS FOREVER

both without FriendlyFire.

accept only servers with FF on, PB on. standard, as usual.

greetz,
mojo

Spl@$h~
17-10-2010, 01:14
I dont think thats gonna happen .. the only way to not get a server ranked(rating enabled) is Pb off .. or XP value modified .
I dont know what is the problem if servers allow the option FF on / off or not.

This is a tracker , and many changed have been made for rating , if you exclude more than half of servers ... its not gonna work.
If you dont like Wood server or FA just dont go there and find some servers which allow FF.
thats all i can say.

daredevil
17-10-2010, 01:38
Only 2.6b + Etpro + Friendly Fire ON + SLAC enabled servers should get rating. *Sarcasm*

Keep on dreaming.

PS Some people don't understand meaning of 'Beginners'. Facepalm.

Adrian
17-10-2010, 01:41
Dare is right :) 'Beginners' Is for new comers to the game so why would they have FF on and get kicked from the server for TK ?? :)

Spl@$h~
17-10-2010, 01:45
totally agree , have you ever tried to play with ppl who dont understand anything , dont even know who is allies or axis , shot all the time by teammates ! madness :)

>WES< P!NNAN
17-10-2010, 09:16
Dare is right :) 'Beginners' Is for new comers to the game so why would they have FF on and get kicked from the server for TK ?? :)

Har Har Har , go on a server called Beginners and you will meet there the whole 1st site of the trackerbase. I love the F|A servers but dont try to explain it like this dude. Some servers are even made for rating, less spawntime, FF off, limited heavy weapon and a lot of players every day. As long as there is no cheater ( PB protected and good admins) it should be fine . If someone gets a problem with it, do better settings on your server and try to get better.Whining doesnt help at all :-)

devil
17-10-2010, 11:22
Could anyone explain me what's lame with servers without FF?

Paul
17-10-2010, 11:26
Could anyone explain me what's lame with servers without FF?

If there are beginners playing, you get team-killed all the time by those beginners :(

devil
17-10-2010, 11:54
It's hard to play on server with "FF On" where half or 2/3 of the players are beginners, especially if server has 30, 40 or more slots. I think it's quite obvious that FF is turned off on servers like these. People want to have fun and imo they enjoy it more when there's no friendly fire. That's why I can't understand what's so "lame". :P

Adrian
17-10-2010, 13:44
And that is the point not to have FF on the beginners servers.

Sickness
18-10-2010, 10:14
Tbh the beginners argument is useless, people who start playing on FF off servers will keep playing like that not caring if they hit teamers or not while on servers with FF on they would get kicked after a few annoyances and would actually have to learn quickly to play with FF on if they want to keep playing on a specific server.

As for the ranking, the whole ranking system has been biased on SL and will be the same here.
The real top players could kick the ass of anyone in the top 100 on SL but they're listed > 1000/2000 because they don't play on servers where they have 5 sec respawns, fully ranked classes on join and ff disabled.
The top -ranked- players will always be jaymod players who only play on their steady 200.000.000 XP save servers with 5 sec respawns.

I'm just noting this for the sake of this argument, I don't care about the stats but I do find trackers like tb/sl very usefull, the ranks are just a fun feature for whoever cares :)

Adrian
18-10-2010, 11:41
Sickness try say : i only do rrating in etpro servers :) so its harder ^^

mojo.et
18-10-2010, 22:36
sickness, thats the point.

afaik tb was founded, because of the lack of not beeing able to reserve your nick for yourself only. you can block your nick now.

but the lamo servers are still rated.

and thats why i opened this thread.

greetz,
mojo

Spl@$h~
19-10-2010, 12:24
Well this thread isnt about if servers should have or no FF activated but to get them disabled from ranking.
on SL servers like that are ranked for years , friendly fire off isnt a cheat and does not modifiy xp value or anything else ..
So no point to disabled those servers.

mojo.et
20-10-2010, 20:33
/..friendly fire off isnt a cheat and does not modifiy xp value or anything else ../..

wrong. it modifies your earned xp indirectly. you can call an arty f.o. on a well used way, killing ONLY the enemies. so you can spam on a 40+plrs server without get minus xp for tdmg, and tk. or beeing kicked for too much tdmg. you can lame on that servers with every splashdmg-wpn like riffle, pf, mortar. and thats the point, why i think, that kind of servers should be excluded from rating. because you can camp with fops/sdr/riffle only, and get a very high score. without 1 real fight.

but thats my opinion.

Paul
20-10-2010, 22:30
wrong. it modifies your earned xp indirectly. you can call an arty f.o. on a well used way, killing ONLY the enemies. so you can spam on a 40+plrs server without get minus xp for tdmg, and tk. or beeing kicked for too much tdmg. you can lame on that servers with every splashdmg-wpn like riffle, pf, mortar. and thats the point, why i think, that kind of servers should be excluded from rating. because you can camp with fops/sdr/riffle only, and get a very high score. without 1 real fight.

but thats my opinion.

You're right in there, but notice this counts for everyplayer so everybody will have the same extra's but also the downsides - eventually making it quite the same.

harlekin
21-10-2010, 12:17
You're right in there, but notice this counts for everyplayer so everybody will have the same extra's but also the downsides - eventually making it quite the same.Only for the palyers on a ff off server.

If it is usefull for beginners or not and even if they will ever learn to decide enemy from teammates ain't the point. It's more to seperate Beginners from "Advanced" players. As it looks like that most agree on ff off servers are for beginners. Why don't seperate them?

Belo
21-10-2010, 15:15
I don't see the point... As in every game, people try to use the easier way to get on top, nothing weird.. If you wanna get on top, then use it too.

I personnally don't play so much on your "advanced players" servers as in past, cause i got tired of all these teamkills.

Making all servers the same, THIS would be lame... (But have to agree with you, Wood is lame .. full of kids and whorers) :)

Sizer
21-10-2010, 17:20
Some ppl prefer teamplay while others only frag,they are just different playing styles.Same goes for ff on or off,you have to adjust to it.I play both styles servers,if you seperate the servers I would have to manage my rate on 2 seperate score boards.... :s.
I know plenty of players who score awesome on ff/on servers,although they're maybe not on top of the list.Maybe it's the fact that on ff/on servers you get less beginners so scoring is less high due to the quantity of advanced players,just saying... ^^

mojo.et
21-10-2010, 21:26
I don't see the point... As in every game, people try to use the easier way to get on top, nothing weird.. If you wanna get on top, then use it too.

I personnally don't play so much on your "advanced players" servers as in past, cause i got tired of all these teamkills.

Making all servers the same, THIS would be lame... (But have to agree with you, Wood is lame .. full of kids and whorers) :)

1. right. why not. but whats the difference between sl and tb then? on both ladders the "beginners", and with beginnres i mean the top 10 of each ladder, are playing on the FF-off FA-BEGINNERS server. 40plrs+, no FF. the biggest diff atm are the faster loading times. (buddies/fav servers)

2. the servers you call "advance" are STANDARD servers. servers with double jump, inf adr, 8secs respawn, FF off a.s.o. are, imo, servers that shoulnd be rated.

3. wrong. you dont have to rate even servers only, but EQUAL.

i dont have a prob with FFoff servers generally, but in combination with very short respawn time, shorter reload time for FOps/HW-plrs and 40+ plrs slots; thats too much.

greetz,
mojo

daredevil
21-10-2010, 22:29
Doesn't that indicates that many players like those settings? You are beating around the dead horse.

What your thinking is, if I don't like server settings of jaymod, with fast shooting and FF off, then they should be removed from rating.

At first you started topic saying you don't like FF off servers and all FF off servers are LMAO. Now you are saying, short spawn time is useless and it looks like soon again you will again change your opinion. I personally think you are confused person, who just doesn't know what he wants.

You should play BC2 more often and quit ET, if stats and rating is more important to you. BC2 is all about stats and ranks. W:ET is more about fun.

OR

If you don't like present system which supports all type of servers, why not just add one more tracker which tracks only Etpro servers? Why not just play on Etpro servers? In this way, world will have 3 trackers. TB, SL, and your own.

If you can't rate on Etpro, then it's not other players/admin problem. If you are only playing for rating, then you should \quit ET.

Belo
21-10-2010, 23:33
Nope the "advanced players" servers means servers like Kernwaffe, BBA or something like this .. that's what i understood, cause this isnt my words.

But you are right, servers with unlimited reload bar like wood should be disable, too much whorers are using this.

Anyway, if you want a fair top ranking, we need something based on kills/deaths ratio, not on XP .. Feel free to re-code ET :)

daredevil
22-10-2010, 07:41
Nope the "advanced players" servers means servers like Kernwaffe, BBA or something like this .. that's what i understood, cause this isnt my words.

BBA and Kernwaffe are kind of same.

i.e. 40 slots+, fast moving, adren, etc.

Also, to me it looks like, mojo.et will soon complain about those servers also, saying those are cheat servers since, there are no cvar or md5 scans.

If you visit BBA or Kernwaffe and do \pb_cvarlist there is no cheat scans. i.e. any public hack will work there which are busted by cvar and md5 scans.

Mojo, just make your own tracking system and you will be happy :)

I personally, feel mojo.et should play BC2 since he likes stats and rating. BC2 is all about stats and ranks.

harlekin
22-10-2010, 09:21
Doesn't that indicates that many players like those settings? The ammount of earned XP does not indicate the ammount of players that like theese settings/mods, as more that theese settings/mods tend to raise the ammount of gained XP.

If you don't like present system which supports all type of servers, why not just add one more tracker which tracks only Etpro servers? Why not just play on Etpro servers? In this way, world will have 3 trackers. TB, SL, and your own. TB & SL are atm pretty much the same, at least i dont see much difference. Mods are not equal or same, else they would not exist. How about tracking hl2 mods and put them all in one db and make a ranking afterwards, would that be what it's meant to be?

Mojo, just make your own tracking system and you will be happyThis is more then simple tracking system as it includes also ranking. I think this thread was just openend to point out that things (settings/mods) are not equal but rated in the same way.

I personally, feel mojo.et should play BC2 since he likes stats and rating. BC2 is all about stats and ranks.Then tell my why you are here if it is not about the ranking?

But you are right, servers with unlimited reload bar like wood should be disable, too much whorers are using this.This might produce to much work as for each "such" server a ticket needs to be filled, checked, possibility to be appealed by server owner, re-checked after settings have changed, re-enabled, ... ,..

My opinion: Don't exclude something from ranking, as everything (well cheats and stuff for sure not) that exists in ET keeps it alive (ain't that the thing what we like?). Just seperate things that are not equal (Mods/Special settings/Server Versions).

harlekin
22-10-2010, 09:31
Anyway, if you want a fair top ranking, we need something based on kills/deaths ratio, not on XP .. Feel free to re-code ET :)Even that would not be fair. Ammo/Medpacks/syringe/... would drop out of the ranking. Only thing we got is XP wich is best.

Spl@$h~
22-10-2010, 14:18
TB & SL are atm pretty much the same, at least i dont see much difference. You little genius , waiting for your formula to make a difference , i bet you can do it ...
About the difference ofcourse there is not much difference what did you expect ? Why SL still the same after 6 years old ?
If you are not able to read , which changes have been made , its not my fault ..
The point is SL or TB are buddylist /servers and rating tracker.
Now most ppl you will see regularly there are rating players , ppl playing for rating , since sl is bugged many stop or got bored of rating and dont know if you noticed but since 3-4 months SL is dying pretty hard.
At least TB isnt bugged about rating , so for a large part of ET players , this is a difference , and hope to see old players coming back to ET .

Now about mojo , you are suggesting something based on you only .. + i bet you play ETPRO :o
so why do you care that much about those servers wood turkish or fa ? maybe because you tried to play there once and got rolled ?
If you dont like these servers just dont go there, why do you think these servers are so popular ? because ppl enjoying the way it is ..

If we "eventually" do as you suggested , i bet no one will play for rating ... and TB will be a fail thats all.(i guess you dont really care , nvm how many hours it takes to do something like that)
I guess you never tried to rate on a server with FF is on and 30 secs spawntime ..
you play like 15 or 20 mins maximum of a 30 mins map .If thats what you having fun with ... go to scrim / play for CB or other things like that.

Now feel free to put your arguments on SL to see if they give a shit , or yeah create your own tracker , lets see how long its gonna take.

Suggestion should be make to improve something , and not the opposite , dont see in what its gonna make TB better to only rate servers with ff on ..
Now glad you gave your opinion , but thats not gonna happen.
It would be greatly appreciated to have suggestions to make TB better.

Now about
Just seperate things that are not equal (Mods/Special settings/Server Versions).
Its already suggested , and waiting to see if thats doable or not :)

csl
22-10-2010, 16:26
You should play BC2 more often and quit ET, if stats and rating is more important to you. BC2 is all about stats and ranks. W:ET is more about fun.

I agree with Daredevil.

Et is the grandfather of multiplayer FPS games.

Maybe if there were ranked servers from the beginning clans like Kapoks would still be playing ET.

After 7 years ET is about fun. Now that the source code is out there can even be funkier MODS and more fun. If you want serious join the marines.

Belo
22-10-2010, 17:18
Even that would not be fair. Ammo/Medpacks/syringe/... would drop out of the ranking. Only thing we got is XP wich is best.

It would be, at least more than now ... In what giving ammo or medpacks requires skill? Every random guy is able to make this ;)

Just look at the current top 10, half are whorers ^^

daredevil
22-10-2010, 22:35
The ammount of earned XP does not indicate the ammount of players that like theese settings/mods, as more that theese settings/mods tend to raise the ammount of gained XP.

Incorrect. I was not all saying based on XP. I was just replying when OP posted above with comment: "(buddies/fav servers)" in his previous post. When any server as more buddies/fav then it means more players like that server.

TB & SL are atm pretty much the same, at least i dont see much difference. Mods are not equal or same, else they would not exist. How about tracking hl2 mods and put them all in one db and make a ranking afterwards, would that be what it's meant to be?

TB and SL are pretty much same because both work on XP. If you need different system, feel free to add VSP stats.

They can always add different rating for different mod, but matter of time, few other lamer again start crying here for, hey that Etpro server is having short spawn times and they have FF off, so please remove that server from rating.

This is more then simple tracking system as it includes also ranking. I think this thread was just openend to point out that things (settings/mods) are not equal but rated in the same way.

If you ever read the first post of OP, he clearly said FF OFF servers are lmao. He never mentioned rating differently for different mods. To me it looked like he was just jealous and only playing for rating because on each of his subsequent post, he kept changing his theory.

Then tell my why you are here if it is not about the ranking?

I am here to talk with my friends and play with them. I pick server based on settings I like. I could care less if I have 0 rate or 20 rating. Rating doesn't make me rich $$ or neither it gives me fun. I like to play with friends, shoot on there head and win some maps with them using same FT and thats what all about it is.

My opinion: Don't exclude something from ranking, as everything (well cheats and stuff for sure not) that exists in ET keeps it alive (ain't that the thing what we like?). Just seperate things that are not equal (Mods/Special settings/Server Versions).

Why not? Then soon, we need to add different rating system for the servers running cvar + md5 scans and streaming to PBBans and also differently for running SLAC.

I am not sure, where you come from, but everyone knows there are tons of cheat for ET. It doesn't keep it alive but it kills and hence admins use cvar + md5 scans and stream to PBBans and other AC sites.

If you are that much concerned about stats, just run VSP stats on your server or suggest to the admin where you play on. With VSP stats you can see kills, deaths, etc etc. No matter what you do there will be always players who will whore, since system is based on XP.

The first post in topic in itself is useless and is having lame argument of FF OFF = LMAO servers. If someone doesn't like FF off, then that doesn't mean each server admin should please him and everyone should run server with FF ON. His next argument of 40 slots and other things was also pathetic. Just don't visit servers with 40 slot and thats being it.

W:ET is still running good because of different settings, mods, etc. BC2 is all about stats and ranks... Thats why there is no modding in BC2.

If mojo.et had made topic starting with, is it possible to add different rating system for each mod, then people would had add more suggestions and even topic would be interesting to develop on something. But he started topic with lame reasons that FF OFF servers should be disabled from ranking.

It would be nice to have different rating for Etpro, Jaymod, NQ, Etpub, etc and on top, differentiate server based on running cheat scans, streaming to AC sites, running SLAC or not, etc. But don't you think, people would just exploit it again, since everything here works on XP?

Also, we should add one common section, where admins can report cheaters and then TB can disable there rating. Looks like too much work for Paul and his team for fun 'free' game. Might just want to hire full time employees who get paid for working all this hours and keeping an eye on all reported players.

Best thing would be to code something by which server reports kills and deaths rather then XP and based on that rating should be calculated.

Spl@$h~
23-10-2010, 01:41
Best thing would be to code something by which server reports kills and deaths rather then XP and based on that rating should be calculated.
Yeah true , well i've seen about a W:ET update .. some ET fans apparently with knowledges will try to do something with ET. like W:ET 2

Now cant remember where i saw it .. so dont know more details.

Sizer
23-10-2010, 02:20
Yeah true , well i've seen about a W:ET update .. some ET fans apparently with knowledges will try to do something with ET. like W:ET 2

Now cant remember where i saw it .. so dont know more details.

Been waiting for that for years!
Splash damage didn't do the job correctly,let's hope the fans do,because this game deserves it!
Well,whatever you guys decide,in the mean time I will be playing all mods and just have fun with my friends and TB is a fun tool to add to the pleasure of et gaming.

Hope it will succeed in the task that lays ahead!
;)

harlekin
23-10-2010, 08:45
If you are that much concerned about stats, just run VSP stats on your server or suggest to the admin where you play on. With VSP stats you can see kills, deaths, etc etc. No matter what you do there will be always players who will whore, since system is based on XP.[!!!]Hirntot VSP-Stats (http://et.hirntot.org/stats) done that... But a central page with ratings is always better then a local and more intresting.

Yeah true , well i've seen about a W:ET update .. some ET fans apparently with knowledges will try to do something with ET. like W:ET 2http://xreal-project.net/ this? Might be more projects going with source code...

iowolfet - http://ioquake3.org/2010/08/12/welcome-wolfenstein-enemy-territory-and-return-to-castle-wolfenstein/

Spl@$h~
23-10-2010, 12:04
Nah its not xreal-project , it was something more advanced , bigger project but as i said no clue where i saw that ..
too bad ... but i guess some have heard about it so we will know soon !

mojo.et
31-10-2010, 22:52
ahoi,

im posting here only to make a proposal, changing ratings to exclude the xp-whoring servers. its nice to play on them, from time to time. but the top 10 of this ladder are playing on them, to bash noobs and earn tons of xp only. maybe you all know the word teamplay. essential thing for wars. there are much less teamplay on pubs, but often you ll find some buddies to run with and finish a map. something youll NEVER find on the "beginners" server. because of no FF, 40plrs+ and low spawntimes the players dont get the chance to do it anyway.

greezts, mojo

ps: and NO, stats arent everything. but if you try to be different from SL, so rate different. double amount of buddies/servers cannot be the only thing.

Dragonji
1-11-2010, 00:47
There is difference in giving rate already...
Look at the rankings on TB and SL. 1st place on TB has rate around 27, but on SL it's only 21.

Paul
1-11-2010, 01:04
There is difference in giving rate already...
Look at the rankings on TB and SL. 1st place on TB has rate around 27, but on SL it's only 21.

Caused by 2 things:
1) Many people have reserved their names on SL so they won't get ranked there, SL list is dropping, TB is rising.
2) On TB the PPM limit introduced by SL in 2007 is not applied. If you get 30 ppm this will count as 30 ppm and not as av ppm*2.25

mojo.et
1-11-2010, 22:04
k, right. no limit here. youll get the rate you play like. thats ok.

but the place WHERE you get your xp from should be nearly equal to other servers.