PDA

View Full Version : W:ET is getting less new players so

Patriot
21-03-2011, 14:27
Its getting harder an harder to get a server filled with people.

There are alot of smaller clans out there, including us, that all have a server or 2, and most of us are struggling with getting people on them.

i blame 2 things for this
1. to many ET servers
2. to many small communities/clans

Only thing that will get people to use a server is that there are people on it imho.

Which brings me to my idea/suggestion

We have atm 4 ET Servers, 1 COD4 server and a 250 slots TS3 server running in our Clan. all is empty ofc :) and a nice webpage

I can start new servers if needed and with whatever mods needed and ofc change the existing ones

And its all free of charge so no payments involved at all

so im suggesting to try an move abit closer together, like using these many clans to form a community, our website can easily be arranged so clans can have their private rooms there etc etc, just like if they where on a website for themselves.
so wenpage would be a public community part and a few private clanforums, depending on numbers of clans.

then making a server or 2 for the community, where the clans can play and help eachother admin it, and ofc recruit from. Clanleaders will be responsible for their clanmembers, so abuse/cheating or other stuff like that can and will get clans kicked if their leaders dosent deal with it properly

well thats my idea/suggestion

if anyone is up for it, please contact me on our forum http://et.qubenet.net
i would prefer if the clans doing so has lived for more than 2 weeks and already have servers they are strugling with tbh, i wont do anything for a clan that hasnt proved that it can survive for some time, Qube was formed in 04 so we have done that ;)

try an think about it, 5 clans with each 10 members would mean 50 members on that server, which almost guarentied will keep that server busy, so we can move on to number 2 etc etc.

well i said my peace, get in touch if ur interested

grtz Patriot|Qubenet

daredevil
21-03-2011, 15:23
ET is 8 years old game. With Brink coming out there will be more less players. Everything born in world, as it's 'expiry' date. Nothing is immortal.

If you want to revive ET, the best thing you can do is promote ET outside ET. Many online gamers, don't know what is ET and on top it's even free. Why? They are all busy playing BC2, Black Ops, etc all new games. Before there where less console players and now a days many people play on console.

Many are waiting for BF3 and Brink. BF3 is the talk of the town in market. I personally play Black Ops a lot lately.

If you want to promote ET, I would suggest to post it on different forums where they have no idea about ET and invite them to play ET. This way it will bring more players to the game in itself.

But again all above is just my thinking.

Patriot
21-03-2011, 15:31
I am promoting this everywhere i can think on :) but first was going to see if it was possible to get a few clans to help eachother, and thereby actually have a place where its fun to play against humans and where you feel "home" :)

and yeah Brink, game is preordered an first server will run from day one also, fingers crossed for it tbh, just hoping it aint hyped up as wolfenstein was and then flopped totally.

Shagileo
21-03-2011, 16:06
I gotta admit, servers are growing like mushrooms.

4 years ago, it wasn't hard at all to run a server. Just run Jaymod, classic popular maps and be sure to have at least 20-24 slots.
This was possible because a 24 slot server was considered big (huge) (and expensive). Also, ET had more popularity back then. Well, ET is still known, but CoD popped in and well... you know the story.

Nowadays, you see servers with 40 - 60 - 64 slots. HAH, why is that so , how did that come about?
A 24 slot server is tiny and needs to be full or no one plays on it.
I also noticed that on these 40 slot servers, admins still allow bots even when there are like 16 players playing. As if 8 v 8 isn't that much at all ...

hmpf, I miss good old times where 12 v 12 was epic

Patriot
21-03-2011, 16:09
yeah true, our servers atm is only 20, 24 and 30 slots, im not to keen on those big ones either ;)

daredevil
21-03-2011, 19:36
and yeah Brink, game is preordered an first server will run from day one also, fingers crossed for it tbh, just hoping it aint hyped up as wolfenstein was and then flopped totally.

Wolfenstein was not developed by SD(Splashdamage) guys. :)

BF3 has more eye candy features at present or at least from trailer it looks like it. Now just need to see if they will improve there netcode or not. Hitboxes are pathetic are in BF2.

Dragonji
21-03-2011, 19:44
ET is 8 years old game. With Brink coming out there will be more less players. Everything born in world, as it's 'expiry' date. Nothing is immortal.

It seems Counter-Strike is immortal ;)

Patriot
21-03-2011, 20:18
Wolfenstein was not developed by SD(Splashdamage) guys. :)

Yeah i know ;) which is why i keep my fingers crossed here, ive seen interviews where they call it Enemy Territory 3 :)

We had a BF:BC2 Server and thats just not me tbh.

Anyway back to topic here

If any clans are interested in forming a community where each clan will keep their own identity an be lead by the ones they are already then contact me, and if we are enough we can make it happen. and as said before their is no money involved in this, we have the servers or rather we will start a new server or 2 for this, and we have teamspeak 3 and forum running already

so get in touch

daredevil
21-03-2011, 20:24
It seems Counter-Strike is immortal ;)

1.6 was released around 2003 and counter strike:source is still being developed.

ET development was discontinued on February 19, 2006.

From wiki:

Counter-Strike: Source was initially released as a beta to members of the Valve Cyber Café Program on August 11, 2004.[6][7] On August 18, 2004, the beta was released to owners of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and those who had received a Half-Life 2 voucher bundled with some ATI Radeon video cards.[8]
On October 11, 2006, Valve released an experimental update, Dynamic Weapons Pricing. Under this system, item prices are determined based on their demand the previous week.[9][10][11] Other updates, such as an enhanced radar system, have been generally accepted as a positive enhancement.
On March 5, 2010, Valve Corporation announced the release of its entire first-party library, including Counter-Strike, on the Mac OS X platform, for release in April 2010.[12]
On May 7, 2010, Valve released an update that includes new features and functionality developed in collaboration with Hidden Path Entertainment. These include 144 (now 145) new achievements, a new domination and revenge system, similar to that of Team Fortress 2, player stats, an upgrade to the Orange Box engine and more.
On June 23, 2010, Valve released the beta to the public, and also made the game available for Mac via SteamPlay.[4]

ET would still kick butt, if dev team can add fixes, move graphics processing completely on GPU and release one new version ET 2.6E and disable master list for 2.55,2.56,2.6 and 2.6b versions.

Sadly, there is no development since long time and once every ISP starts enforcing IP V6, ET would be bye bye because AFAIK, ET doesn't support IP V6. ( I could be wrong though ).

Patriot
21-03-2011, 20:50
Not to sound like a grumpy guy here

But could we stick to topic please? ;)

Patriot
24-03-2011, 16:01
someone close this thread please

Ive continued it here in a new form --> http://forum.trackbase.net/threads/384-Invitation-to-clans

Spl@$h~
24-03-2011, 18:32
Topic , closed , please go there http://forum.trackbase.net/threads/384-Invitation-to-clans to see the full article.
Feel free to reply