PDA

View Full Version : Has the outgoing mail server address changed?

qshengtire
30-06-2015, 04:33
I've been using Outlook for my Yahoo mail for a year. Now all of a sudden, my Outgoing mail is not being sent. I checked the configuration and it seems to be right. (smtp.mail.yahoo.com.sg)(SSL encrytion, Port 465, etc.) Any ideas on what could be the issue? When I test Account Settings it says that Outlook cannot connect to my outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. (Incoming works fine.)

viciouz21
30-06-2015, 21:56
Remove the account, and then set it up again like you did a year ago initially. With big mail hosts like Yahoo, you shouldn't need to look up any account settings when creating the account in Outlook/Thunderbird/etc.

sneak
2-07-2015, 02:26
the issue is using Microsoft email, it's notoriously bad and has several issues with not receiving email either. They also enjoy randomly locking you out of your old accounts and refusing to assist you. I suggest you move on to something better, like gmail.

viciouz21
2-07-2015, 05:48
the issue is using Microsoft email, it's notoriously bad and has several issues with not receiving email either. They also enjoy randomly locking you out of your old accounts and refusing to assist you. I suggest you move on to something better, like gmail.

I've been doing IT for many years now and I have honestly never heard of any real issues as you mentioned in your post related to what his problem was. As long as you have the right settings entered for the e-mail provider, the app should work fine. Yahoo mail is very easy to setup in any app since the settings are found by the app almost every time since it's so common, and it would be a rare case that you would have to enter them manually. Also, MS Outlook is always preferred over the others, especially since most people have used it since the beginning when MS Office first took over.

As you mentioned, many are moving over to Gmail because they like settings to save in Chrome and on their Android devices.