PDA

View Full Version : Help with 40maps in one Rotations?

SpeedyDuck
17-02-2011, 17:40
How you create 40maps in one Rotations? Can you show me how to do it. I have very problem with map rotations.

Spl@$h~
17-02-2011, 17:52
Hmm moment i dont use that , so i dont exactly remember , but i know you have to set server to mod campaign , then you have to create roration of 10-12 maps maximum then exec different rorations .
Its not very clear , i'll take a look to some old files .

When you create ur rotation map , you need to put the real map name ( not the one you when you Downloaded the map) , which can be find when you open the map with winrar then go to map folder and check how its called .

the file which will exec the different rotations : campaigncycle.cfg for example :

set d1 "campaign map_rotation1 ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"
set d2 "campaign map_rotation2 ; set nextcampaign vstr d1"

set d_initial "set g_gametype 4 ; map caen2 ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"
vstr d_initial

As said , long time i dont use that so i dont really remember , hope it can helps you , i bet someone will post the full solution :)

daredevil
17-02-2011, 17:57
Not advisable. Yes you can do it but it can also cause issues.

Spl@$h~
17-02-2011, 18:02
well its doable , since we got it working few years ago .
But it was with 18-20 maps not 40 ..
Dont know server was running fine thought

SpeedyDuck
18-02-2011, 01:05
well, Thank you help me Spl@$h~

Adrian
18-02-2011, 01:16
Hello,

Yea i should suggest Max of 20 maps objective cycle but the best amount of maps is 10 campaign. if you need any more help feel free to ask..

Regards,
Adrian

SpeedyDuck
13-04-2011, 07:00
I got 100 maps objective cycle and It not lagg not anyone I updated new jaymod 2.1.9

Patriot
13-04-2011, 08:38
If you use 2.55 ET, then there can be a problem if you have to many map.pk3's in your ETMain directory, that is/was a bug wellknown

But i would recommend using a objective rotation, that way the server only count 1 map at the time, and you dont have problems with making that rotatioas large as you wants.

And remember to use the correct mapnames when you makes rotation. and the correct name is located in the map.pk3 file in a directoryalled /maps (taken from top of my head :)) and is named "mapname.bsp" just used the "mapname" part in your rotation.

When i started building ET Servers a "few days ago :)", i just used the pk3 name in my rotation/campaign and i had lots of problems until a nice friendly person told me where to look for correct name, rotation/campaign wont work unless maps are properly named.