PDA

View Full Version : Rate system, how it works?

qtdeen
16-11-2014, 17:06
Hi All,

I would like that someone to explain to me, how exactly work's the rating system in farcry, because I really can't understand the formula of calculation!

Folling this explanation: TB rating system (http://forum.trackbase.net/threads/1982-TB-rating-system?p=20458&viewfull=1#post20458)

The rating system is nothing more than a little bit more advanced ELO System, this means to get exactly +0.00 you are expected to do an x amount better than others based on your rating.

In the following example we take the following averages and expected results:
Average rating: 10, your rating: 20
Average ppm: 15, your ppm: 20

You must get at least (your rating / average rating ) * average ppm, in this case that would mean (20/10)*15 = 30 PPM. If you get lower than this average (in this case 20) you will get minus, if you would have got more than 30 ppm you would have gotten a positive rating for the round.

Example: Take the player "LM [MFA]" (http://farcry.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=sessioninfo&idx=1644905)

Then we have:
* Rating = 14.6412
* Average Rating = 5.6
* Average ppm = 1.33

So... The formula should be like this: (14.6412 / 5.6) * 1.33 = +3.477285;
But there we have: +1.46? How?

An other questions are...

1) How many real players need to have on the server game to compute the rate points?
2) Is there any differences about the way to compute de rate on the game mode "assault/ffa/tdm" ?
3) And finaly "offtopic", Is there any way to make a direct seach for the players on TB website "by name"?
Ex.: http://farcry.trackbase.net/?mod=search&suser=LM%20%[MFA]

Thx in advance!!!

JoNny
16-11-2014, 20:19
Hi qtdeen,

your result of 3,48 is correct. But then you made a mistake by comparing the +rating the player has received with the result. Actually the result of our little mathematical calculation is compared with the PPM of the player. In this case the player had something with 5 ppm. So, as 5 ppm > 3,48 ppm the player will get a +rating. If it's the same, there will not be a change of rating and if the ppm are less, then the player will receive a -rating.

1) I'm not a hundred percent sure but from ET I know that it takes 7 players minimum to rank a session.
2) There shouldn't be any difference.
3) No, currently there's no such functionality. You'd have to visit http://farcry.trackbase.net/?mod=search and type in the playername manually, I'm afraid.

I hope I could answer your questions. Feel free to reply if there are still open questions.

/JoNny

qtdeen
16-11-2014, 23:13
First of all, many thanks for your fast reply!!!

your result of 3,48 is correct. But then you made a mistake by comparing the +rating the player has received with the result. Actually the result of our little mathematical calculation is compared with the PPM of the player. In this case the player had something with 5 ppm. So, as 5 ppm > 3,48 ppm the player will get a +rating. If it's the same, there will not be a change of rating and if the ppm are less, then the player will receive a -rating.

Ok, but in this case... Do you can explain to me how is the mathematical formula to compute the rate for farcry?

I'm not a hundred percent sure but from ET I know that it takes 7 players minimum to rank a session.

I thought that to the FarCry the minimum of players is of 4 and also must have 2/3 of the full map time already played, to start a rank session! (do I am wrong?)

No, currently there's no such functionality. You'd have to visit http://farcry.trackbase.net/?mod=search and type in the playername manually, I'm afraid.

Yes I understand, but is there any way where I can search for the player name and get the player ID number? The goal to me is get this info to upgrade the users of my website with the player ID Links to the TrackBase website "automatically".

Thx In Advance!!!

JoNny
17-11-2014, 20:15
First of all, many thanks for your fast reply!!!

Ok, but in this case... Do you can explain to me how is the mathematical formula to compute the rate for farcry?

I thought that to the FarCry the minimum of players is of 4 and also must have 2/3 of the full map time already played, to start a rank session! (do I am wrong?)

Yes I understand, but is there any way where I can search for the player name and get the player ID number? The goal to me is get this info to upgrade the users of my website with the player ID Links to the TrackBase website "automatically".

Thx In Advance!!!

Sorry but that's secret. Even I don't know how the rating will be calculated exactly. There's always a little surprise on how much + you will receive. ;)

So I asked Paul to be sure and he told me it were 6 players for minimum. You're right, of course two third of the map have to be played, too.

I'm sorry but there's no such functionality. We cannot give out the playerID for a specific playername but only support you with our search page. We might though implement such a feature in the near future that you can at least point someone to a list of players via the GET method (/?mod=search&player=YourTestPlayer).

I hope I could've helped you a little bit further now.

/JoNny

JoNny
19-11-2014, 19:32
Okay qtdeen,

I have implemented the requested feature so you can now search directly via the URL.
Therefore go to http://farcry.trackbase.net/?mod=search&search=AnythingYouWant

This also works for ET and COD4!

I hope I could help out with this!

qtdeen
19-11-2014, 20:06
Many thx JoNny,

It's will help me a lot men, but this will be more better if there we can do seach "with & without" colors as well! (but anyway... It's a big help for sure, gj & thx!!!)

I just miss the secret formula, if eventually you discover the top secret, please... Don't hesitate to send me it, asap! :bandit: :lol:

I am joke... But to be very honest with you, it's very sad to us like a real users of this website, don't know how it works exactly!

In my opnion this works like a lottery raffles, such as:

$Rate = RAND($var_rating * -1, $var_rating); // Simple as that!!!! :whistling:

JoNny
19-11-2014, 20:13
Many thx JoNny,

It's will help me a lot men, but this will be more better if there we can do seach "with & without" colors as well! (but anyway... It's a big help for sure, gj & thx!!!)

I just miss the secret formula, if eventually you discover the top secret, please... Don't hesitate to send me it, asap! :bandit: :lol:

I am joke... But to be very honest with you, it's very sad to us like a real users of this website, don't know how it works exactly!

In my opnion this works like a lottery raffles, such as:

I will look into this, but I can tell you for sure, your formula isn't right because there are also sessions that give +-<> 1 rating point. ;)