PDA

View Full Version : TSP Please!!

Jemstar
1-07-2014, 09:46
Hi,

I'm hoping to have TSP enabled on our NQ1.2.9 2.60b server:

8.2.121.145:27960

There is a private slot if required still.

Thanks heaps,
Jem.

JoNny
1-07-2014, 17:32
Hey Jem,

therefore your server needs to run ET300 TB071 on it.
For further instructions, read the following article: http://filebase.trackbase.net/et/server/et300_README.txt

/JoNny

Jemstar
2-07-2014, 09:48
Thanks Johnny will look into it!

Noticed there are no longer tbs connects/disconnects on servers lol

Jemstar
2-07-2014, 10:36
Oke had a look and this pleb needs some help. The readme doesnt really explain basic installation. Where to put the ET300 file? In mod folder? etmain? or base directory?

Other than the start up line commands are the other cvars just put in the server.cfg?

Version (released) 0.7.0
- Stats Tracking fixed for windows servers

I'm using a linux server so will stats work on linux?

And as NQ I understand only 2.60b clients can join, sux but I noes shitstorm disallow multi clients, a shame tho!

Thanks for any help,
Jem.

JoNny
2-07-2014, 18:22
Hey Jem,

you need to place the et300 (or et300.x86 depends on what file you want to execute later) inside the base directory. However, it is important that you will then edit your start script and change the directory/filetoexecute to the new location (basically et300 = etded.x86).

You can run basic commands on start up (e.g. set the rcon) but it is good to set most of the server settings in a seperate configuration file (ideally ending with .cfg) that you will execute within the start up script.

Yes stats should work on linux as well. The part you quoted just means there has been a bug on windows servers that was fixed with version 0.70

Im sorry, but didn't understand the whole meaning of your last sentence. Maybe you talked about the protocol. Basically with ET3.00 all clients are allowed to join. If you want to restrict it, you can run a custom lua file. But actually that's been done by the mod automatically - if the mod required 2.60b only (as an example).

Greetings,
/JoNny

Oke had a look and this pleb needs some help. The readme doesnt really explain basic installation. Where to put the ET300 file? In mod folder? etmain? or base directory?

Other than the start up line commands are the other cvars just put in the server.cfg?

I'm using a linux server so will stats work on linux?

And as NQ I understand only 2.60b clients can join, sux but I noes shitstorm disallow multi clients, a shame tho!

Thanks for any help,
Jem.

Jemstar
3-07-2014, 09:27
Thanks Johny will play around over the weekend.

Yep I was talking protocol, I know NQ do not allow 2.55 at all, even in legacy that Irata is a big part of its not allowed, yet for other mods it is.

Shame but no biggy..would just mean more traffic.