PDA

View Full Version : Gear? hmmm

Ripjaw
25-12-2010, 21:24
Hey guys i been looking for a new mouse for some time and think i have got it pined to two. The Razer Mamba or the Cyborg RAT9. Needs to be wireless less mess less to get in the way lol

But i cant seem to decide what one is best, also im concerned as i use low dpi compared to many out there, atm i have pc mouse in the middle, in game 2.96 and on the mouse 1200dpi, but these mice above are like 5600dpi!!! wtf lol, would a mouse of such high dpi work properly at 1200?? forgive me if it seems a tard question but im not to clued up on these kinda things :-o

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418100

http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat9.htm

I gotta say im leaning more twards the RAT9 and yes there alot of money for someone who only plays ET and nothing else but hey we only live once :P

tOrM
26-12-2010, 03:51
hi, ehm my only recommendtion would be to buy a wired mouse- , every forum about gaming says wireless mouses arent the best for gaming, so i think u should like go arround and read about it,
imo best mouse i ever had its the one i am using atm , razer deathadder. (for the record, i had: logitech g9, logitech mx518, razer lachesis)

Ripjaw
26-12-2010, 20:04
Nah wireless has come a long way now and with the Rat9 at least, you get two batteries for fast swaping when needed so thts not an issue, i looked at the deathadder b4 i got the mx518 but its jst thrown together man, cheap lookin to me :S

christmaspwns
27-12-2010, 12:13
I have used a Logitech G5 for a long time, but after the wire got fucked I bought a Razer Deathadder. Best mouse I've ever used. Buy a decent mousepad with it and try to rock hehe. (Or just use a magazine like torM does :P)

Ripjaw
27-12-2010, 20:00
a magazine?? rofl one way to keep the cost down. i use the Razer destructor pad and it owns :P

_|F33(
30-12-2010, 04:51
Go with the death adder. great mouse.

TerrorTom
30-12-2010, 12:15
I had Razer Copperead / nice feeling, nice aiming, loved it -> after some month the left key broke. (one click = random double or triple click)

Switched to Microsoft Habu (Razer) -> after a short time the wire broke (mouse keeps connecting/disconnect like when you unplug usb)

I bought again a Razer mouse, the Razer Lachesis. -> used many firmwares to get the mouse working correctly but it never worked perfect. Crosshair keeps randomly moving into another direction. It was an expensive mouse so I still hoped to get the right firmware some time and got used to it. But after long time I really started to hate this mouse so I smashed it on the wall. :)

Same to Razer mouse pads. Had much of them. They got wasted really fast.

Using Logitech keyboard G510 and Logitech mouse G9X now - fits perfect. Having Slick Ride mouse pad from GamersWear for a long time and still works good. It's only too small sometimes, using 1000dpi and sense 1.0 in ET.

I always had wired mice, don't know if the new generation of wireless mice is as good as wired ones.

Forget Razer. I will no longer buy any product from razer. :bad:
Your tendency is the RAT9, do it. :top:

Ripjaw
30-12-2010, 14:53
^^ I did hear some horror storys about razer tbh, the mat has been good to me thus far, but yeah im defo for the rat9, much more bang for your buck, ima post some little review on it once i get it maybe :P

Mccloud
31-12-2010, 21:52
Rat9 looks like a mess, bragging rights or fancy look don't mean anything if its useless or uncomfy.

intellimouse explorer is what I have, and it's great and cheap. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5TX5TmfiIA&feature=player_profilepage

Spl@$h~
31-12-2010, 22:35
ive got the razer mamba , great mouse .. i had to change when my g9 crashed.
dont know if thats best mouse ever , i guess everyone say the same about his mouse once you get used to it.
For all games i need to set sensi around 0.50-1 even with that sensi is way to high ( not talking about ET) but other games , you play 1 hour you go throw up , advantage you keep a decent body :) (j/k)

Ripjaw
3-01-2011, 01:33
Well got it today lol, only played on hour or so, so still gettin used to it, its pretty comfy and all the bells and wisltes are in fact pretty good lol, but need more time with it i thinks:P mac omg that mouse is older than me lol

Ripjaw
5-01-2011, 22:48
DONT BUY THE RAT9 OMFG!!!!!!! Had it a week nd its broken already £110 down the fkin drain -_-

Adrian
5-01-2011, 23:48
Mate get Steel series mouse :D

Ripjaw
6-01-2011, 00:15
i'll ave a looki ta.

Looked its minging lol, wont break tht one so easy tho haha

Ripjaw
6-01-2011, 19:38
Right final fkin post on this topic lol, Rat9 died, got money back today and got the mamba, its better in every aspect should of got this in the 1st place lol, looks amazing in real life too lol