PDA

View Full Version : Forum or CMS?

Sully
28-05-2013, 11:16
Hey guys im new here and I have a question to ask...

Firstly, I have been playing ET since 05 though ive not long had a long break from it due to college commitments. Since ive started playing again I have thought about starting up my own clan instead of joining one already running.
So I was thinking that if I do decide on doing so then I am going to need a good forum or cms website.

Was wondering what you guys would think is the best forum or cms?

daredevil
28-05-2013, 12:51
Go for Xenforo.

http://xenforo.com/

Dragonji
28-05-2013, 15:17
I'd suggest to try free, simple and nice PHP-Fusion. You do not need expensive solutions for small clan sites.

Another option is Joomla + phpBB3/SMF.

Sully
28-05-2013, 17:05
True I do not need any expensive or fancy stuff, ive looked at php fusion and think it would be useful, thing is though I was wondering if I could integrate phpbb3 with fusion. Has anyone done that before?

daredevil
28-05-2013, 17:12
True I do not need any expensive or fancy stuff, ive looked at php fusion and think it would be useful, thing is though I was wondering if I could integrate phpbb3 with fusion. Has anyone done that before?

If you are looking for free one then phpBB3 with portal works best imo. Joomla sucks and i am telling you from my personal experience of running 8 joomla websites. Each update is pathetic. Sure will work good for couple of years but they don't care for major upgrade paths.

I would suggest wordpress over joomla or wordpress + phpBB3.

heddlu
28-05-2013, 17:18
In my honest opinion mate PHP-Fusion is a great CMS and good system to use for clans. I had Fusion installed as my clan website/cms once before though the only problem with it is the fact that there aren't many good themes or styles to choose from nor are there any good addons.
As for the integration of PHPBB3 into Fusion well I wouldn't recommend it as the code in PHPBB3 is all cluttered and would make the whole system insecure though since Fusion already has a decent forum system with the package I don't see why you would want to integrate PHPBB3.
Joomla on the other hand? It's okay ish and you can integrate PHPBB3 with it if you opt to go down the bridging route.

KoKo
20-06-2013, 17:10
http://www.nuked-klan.org/

is absolutely the best CMS for what are you lokking for.
He's completely dedicade to teams FPS website

Scarhand
20-06-2013, 22:29
Don't use joomla, I hear terrible things about it all the time. If you want a free forum software, I suggest mybb, its the best free software in my experience, being fast and easy to install plugins.